Windows 10: Amazon etc Cheap Windows 10 PRO Licenses --beware

Discus and support Amazon etc Cheap Windows 10 PRO Licenses --beware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there I've seen a report somewhere -- not sure exactly of the provenance of it but I can well believe it - that some of the cheap license keys for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, May 21, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Amazon etc Cheap Windows 10 PRO Licenses --beware

Hi there

I've seen a report somewhere -- not sure exactly of the provenance of it but I can well believe it - that some of the cheap license keys for Windows 10 being offered on sites like Amazon (e.g W10 pro for around 30 EUR !!) are actually old keys from W7 / W8 / W8.1 as the update from those still works.

I'm not sure if there's any way to check if the key is an old one or legitimate new one -- but as those old keys work I'm sure there are always unscrupulous operators out there looking for a fast buck.

Discounting is not unknown but to me it seems suspicious that there would be such a huge discount on the W10 retail price.

While people report that these licenses do activate (not always but generally) I'm sure these come from dubious sources so I'd be extremely careful if you buy any of these products.

I'm surprised that Ms hasn't yet shut down the free upgrade program -- that would I think stop a lot of these "rogue keys" if indeed they are from being sold on.

Some of the old TechNet keys were VL or multi activation even if not VL and could be activated hundreds of times so I'm sure there are definitely some slick operators out there now.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 21, 2019
  2. Steeboo Win User

Cheap Windows 10 pro - via digital licence

I have been tempted by a cheap digital licence (ie less than £10) Windows 10 professional and also Office 2016 pro plus - readily available through multiple sellers on Ebay/Amazon and wonder what the downside of such a purchase is ?

Steeboo, May 21, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    How to buy a Windows 10 Pro License

Retailers like Amazon and Newegg are licensed by Microsoft to resale the licenses. Others that are super cheap are selling pirated volume licenses.

bro67, May 21, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Amazon etc Cheap Windows 10 PRO Licenses --beware - Similar Threads - Amazon etc Cheap

2. Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon: Dear Team,Recently i have saw Windows 11 Pro license on Amazon.in website, it's shown around Rs. 3800/- Kindly advise for Shall i have use that license copy in our commercial premises?...
  3. Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon: Dear Team,Recently i have saw Windows 11 Pro license on Amazon.in website, it's shown around Rs. 3800/- Kindly advise for Shall i have use that license copy in our commercial premises?...
  4. Are cheap FPP Windows in amazon illegal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are cheap FPP Windows in amazon illegal?: Hello, I'm building PC and I have a question about few cheap Windows 10 FPP license in Amazon.There are some FPP license that their price is cheaper than normal FPP...
  5. Are cheap FPP Windows in amazon illegal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are cheap FPP Windows in amazon illegal?: Hello, I'm building PC and I have a question about few cheap Windows 10 FPP license in Amazon.There are some FPP license that their price is cheaper than normal FPP...
  6. Are cheap FPP Windows in amazon illegal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Cheap windows10 pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cheap windows10 pro: if you buy one of those cheap windows 10 pro keys but it becomes no longer genuine can you roll back to old windows 10 submitted by /u/ILikebreadstapled [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lb9fff/cheap_windows10_pro/
  8. Cheap Windows Windows 10 retail license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cheap Windows Windows 10 retail license: Hi guys. I recently was testing out a new supplier for Windows 10 licenses. I bought a retail license from someone for around $30. I was initially skeptical and thought it was a volume license. However, after running the slmgr command to see the license type, it showed that...
  9. Amazon etc Cheap Windows 10 PRO Licenses --beware

in Windows 10 Support
    Amazon etc Cheap Windows 10 PRO Licenses --beware: Hi there I've seen a report somewhere -- not sure exactly of the provenance of it but I can well believe it - that some of the cheap license keys for Windows 10 being offered on sites like Amazon (e.g W10 pro for around 30 EUR !!) are actually old keys from W7 / W8 / W8.1 as...
  10. Beware of some cheap USB 3 (not USB 2) thumdrives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Beware of some cheap USB 3 (not USB 2) thumdrives: Yep, many cheap USB3.0 sticks are just marketing. In the end they have nothing to do with USB3.0 in any way. Speed is horrible, and compatibility even worse. *Smile