Windows 10: Amazon Fire TV - voice controller to be used for SKYPE possible

Discus and support Amazon Fire TV - voice controller to be used for SKYPE possible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there was wondering if it's possible to use the voice controller on the Amazon fire TV box / stick as a microphone to make / receive skype calls.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Jan 3, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Amazon Fire TV - voice controller to be used for SKYPE possible

Hi there
    was wondering if it's possible to use the voice controller on the Amazon fire TV box / stick as a microphone to make / receive skype calls.

As it's (the Amazon fire TV box) an android device installing SKYPE on it isn't a problem and you can use the controller to input numbers / select contacts (just like other apps such as Kodi or those which require user / password).

Anybody done this yet from an Amazon box connected to a large TV. Rather fancy doing that.

Note unless your TV has a webcam enabled via USB or something you'll only be able to do audio - but that should be enough.

A lot of TV's will accept a webcam input via USB / other port used as input e.g from videocams etc. So it's only the voice part that is the problem and it ought to be possible from the Amazon controller.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 3, 2018

2. How to mirror PC Desktop to TV?

With Windows 10, Internet Explorer, and Amazon fire TV Stick [with Voice Remote] how do I mirror my desktop monitor to my Samsung 4K SUHD TV?

Lameduck2013, Jan 3, 2018
  3. According to Amazon, I am typing the exact message as it currently appears on my flat screen with my amazon Fire Stick hooked up: Mirror Your iPhone / Ipad to your amazon fire TV

The problem is that although the technical support people I spoke with earlier told me I need no additional app, or download from them, when I went to the website: Apple TV, there was no information to be found with the exception of an
    Ipad only article. Can someone help with this, because I really detest using my Apple TV to be able to mirror using Air Play. I'm really enjoying this new Amazon Fire Stick with the "Alexa" voice control built right into the hand control.

Thanking you in advance,

Culver City

CulverCity, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

Amazon Fire TV - voice controller to be used for SKYPE possible

1. Amazon Fire TV - voice controller to be used for SKYPE possible - Similar Threads - Amazon Fire voice

2. Amazon Fire TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Amazon Fire TV: Hi everybody, If I mirror from W10 to the TV to see a movie after a short time the video from the TV freezes, I specify that if I do the same mirroring with an iPhone the problem does not exist. I tried to disable the windows firewall and avast antivirus but without success,...
  3. Amazon Fire Stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amazon Fire Stick: I had to disconnect and then re-connect my Amazon Firestick from my TV. Now, it cannot connect to the network no matter what I do. Has anyone had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-fire-stick/5ec8732e-2b85-4e47-a1f3-17fd1f2bed31
  4. Amazon Fire Stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amazon Fire Stick: Why is my amazon fire stick not connecting to my laptop when plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/amazon-fire-stick/71adb501-c3ac-44e1-9638-1654c1fc66d2
  5. Restoring old apps / sideloading apps to Amazon fire TV / stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring old apps / sideloading apps to Amazon fire TV / stick: Hi there. I had a problem recently with an updated version of VLC on Amazon fire TV -- was really bad compared with previous version -- especially if you like / use subtitles as the feature to load the subtitle from an external file when playing your own media has GONE...
  6. Amazon Fire TV - KODI is TOPS, VLC is BROKEN (latest update)

Amazon Fire TV - KODI is TOPS, VLC is BROKEN (latest update): Hi there If you have the amazon fire stick or the TV box sideload KODI - simple to do it and can be done from your phone as the amazon devices are android. An advantage also is that KODI can play DVD iso files from HDD iso images directly - the handset also handles...
  7. Warning Amazon Fire TV / Fire stick users DO NOT UPDATE VLC

Warning Amazon Fire TV / Fire stick users DO NOT UPDATE VLC: Hi there I know Amazon fire stick / fire TV is popular -- but if you use VLC for playing media from a NAS server / PC on to your remote TV using the Amazon fire stick / TV app DO NOT UPDATE (on the amazon device) to the latest version. Nothing wrong of course with VLC on a...
  8. Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server

Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server: Hi there. Does anybody know if the Amazon Fire TV usb stick will allow the PLEX media server to stream movies from your computer to the TV. I was thinking of getting one of these to use in a "Non smart" but USB capable TV. I can have PLEX running on the computer so can...
  9. Amazon Fire TV re-visited

Amazon Fire TV re-visited: Hi there I've found the BOX (2nd Gen) absolutely fine Extra features with VLC I only discovered the other day 1) Will attempt to find and download subtitles wherever possible -- gives me a good success rate -- can download in a variety of languages. 2) Will play...
  10. VLC on Amazon Fire TV --No transcoding now at all !! Great

VLC on Amazon Fire TV --No transcoding now at all !! Great: Hi there Normally I use PLEX but if I'm streaming HEVC X265 with subtitles (ASS --other subtitles such as .SRT, PGS etc are OK) - Plex will transcode which sometimes can cause interruptions in playback ("Server not powerful enough to transcode ...."). Doesn't always happen...