Windows 10: Amazon Kindle Fire 7 won't connect to my Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Amazon Kindle Fire 7 won't connect to my Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my Kindle Fire 7 to my PC. I was trying to do a manual software update for my Fire. It shows up in Device Manager as E:/ but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnSor1118, May 23, 2019.

1. AnSor1118 Win User

Amazon Kindle Fire 7 won't connect to my Windows 10 PC

I am trying to connect my Kindle Fire 7 to my PC. I was trying to do a manual software update for my Fire. It shows up in Device Manager as E:/ but when I go File Explorer it isn't there. The drivers' name is WPD Filesystem Volume. I have searched many forums and issues without finding a helpful result.

Please Help.

:)

AnSor1118, May 23, 2019

2. Connecting my Fire 7 to my pc

Could you give these steps a try to see if they work?

How to connect Kindle Fire to Windows PC in Wireless Mode

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/connect-kindle-fi...

Also, make sure you enable MTP mode on the Amazon Kindle in settings.

Andre for Directly, May 23, 2019
  3. Amazon Kindle Fire 7 won't connect to my Windows 10 PC

Can't connect PC to Kindle Fire

Hi Jhessica

Yes Fire appears on PC Device Manager, but when I right click and select Install it tries to download drivers for this device but then aborts with message ' A service installation in this INF section is invalid'

Curiously in Fire settings I can change USB Computer Connection to Camera(PTP) and Kindle then appears on PC as a drive. But now when connected via Media Device(MTP)

Thanks

Duncan

DuncanMacrae_835, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Amazon Kindle Fire 7 won't connect to my Windows 10 PC

1. Amazon Kindle Fire 7 won't connect to my Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Amazon Kindle Fire

2. how to connect kindle fire in win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect kindle fire in win 10: Kindle fire not recognized on windows 10. don't know where or how to get drivers for it, or if they are needed. I would be grateful for any help possible with this....
  3. how to connect kindle fire in win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to connect kindle fire in win 10: Kindle fire not recognized on windows 10. don't know where or how to get drivers for it, or if they are needed. I would be grateful for any help possible with this....
  4. Kindle Fire

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kindle Fire: My kindle fire for reading books will not hook up to my WiFi. It says my WiFi is on but when I click it it says authentication problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-fire/079a25ec-9e06-456f-adca-42036fb86338
  5. Kindle Fire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kindle Fire: My kindle fire for reading books will not hook up to my WiFi. It says my WiFi is on but when I click it it says authentication problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-fire/079a25ec-9e06-456f-adca-42036fb86338
  6. Kindle Fire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Kindle tablet Fire HD 8 Won't Connect to PC

Kindle tablet Fire HD 8 Won't Connect to PC: I have a brand new Kindle Fire HD 8 and tried to attach it to my PC using the USB cable. When I plug it in nothing happens, Windows does not recognize the Kindle at all. I suspect this is a driver problem. Can someone help?...
  8. Kindle Fire 7 connection to my w10 laptop

Kindle Fire 7 connection to my w10 laptop: When I connect my kindle fire 7 to my laptop, I am asked what to do and have a choice. Does ignoring the option have any effect on my laptop NOT recognizing my kindle? I have an MTP driver installed but cannot transfer files to my kindle. Laptop says kindle has been...
  9. Kindle Fire

Kindle Fire: I have Windows 10 I tried to connect my kindle to windows 10 couldn't I used to do before when I had windows 8 now I can't connect the kindle fire to any of them when I try I get this message USB device not recognized the last USB device you connected to this computer...
  10. Amazon Kindle for PC on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amazon Kindle for PC on Windows 10: I recently downloaded Amazon Kindle for PC version 1.25.50264. Whenever I launch the app, it asks me to log in to Amazon, but the window just keeps flashing. A video of this occurrence is in this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SXAqcMolhbYqhk1JerV68fB8fgfLemJx Not...