Windows 10: AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows

Discus and support AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently re-built my gaming pc with the following, however I am having issues with either windows 10 or a driver issue I am here hoping someone can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fate0n3, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Fate0n3 Win User

AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows

Recently re-built my gaming pc with the following, however I am having issues with either windows 10 or a driver issue I am here hoping someone can give some information or guidance on this.

Specs
    • 5900x
    • MSI X570 Godlike latest bios, and reset NOTHING Changed
    • Asus 2080ti Strix OC
    • G.Skill TridentZ Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN default speeds NOT xmp enabled
    • Samsung 960 Pro
    • Windows 10 Pro

Ok issue, after fresh installing windows 10 several times with different USB drives I am getting the same issue. After installing AMD Chipset drivers latest from AMD site the start menu stops responding just the actual start button. Sometimes it will start back if I let it sit. I can get it to repeat this over and over. What is so weird is it is only the actual start button the task bar icons can still be clicked and function so can opening up task manager. Before chipset drivers runs perfect after that the PC acts sluggish and start menu stops responding properly. Checking Event viewer it is getting hang ups from explorer.exe also running sfc scannow shows several errors with different files but same error

2020-12-03 19:32:57, Info CSI 000000f1 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ is owned twice or has its security set twiceOriginal owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.662, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}New owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.662, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}

Even after running sfc scannow the start menu will still not work correctly on start up with chipset drivers installed, which of course have to be installed.

Drivers installed
    • AMD Chipset
    • Nvidia GPU Driver
    • Bluetooth driver

Any help is beyond appreciated and sorry for the brick of words, i am beyond confused and at a loss on this one. Something is def odd and hopefully it will be something easy I am overlooking and I hope this sub is correct for a question like this

I have been able to install a LTSC trial of windows 10 with NO issues, which is what I am using to type this however the trial doesn't last forever I have spent weeks between AMD and MSI and now they are pointing me to windows. I am not sure if this is even the correct place for this type of trouble shooting. I hope it is.

:)

Fate0n3, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released

AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows [​IMG]
    Information WHQL version: 18.10.0830
    Release Date: September 4, 2018

Supports:

Windows® 7/10 for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • AMD X470 Chipset
    • AMD X370 Chipset
    • AMD B450 Chipset
    • AMD B350 Chipset
    • AMD A320 Chipset
    Windows® 10 only for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
    • AMD X399 Chipset
    Package Includes:
    • AMD Chipset Drivers
    • AMD Ryzen™ Balanced Power Plan

AMD Chipsets Driver Download

Brink, Dec 27, 2020
  3. AMD chipset driver

I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver (an older version) then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows?

Thank you

Dean Raven, Dec 27, 2020
  4. FerchogtX Win User

AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Just as a heads up, if you upgrade your chipset drivers, the latest version now removes the tbaseprovisioning.exe process that older versions used for the Procesor Secure Tecnologies they talk in their websites, is no longer needed according to AMD's readme.

Seems that adds some stability, as well as finally removing some crashes (at least I hope so)

FerchogtX, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows - Similar Threads - AMD 5900x Chipset

2. Bluetooth doesn't work AMD 5900X

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth doesn't work AMD 5900X: My Bluetooth doesn't work. I'm able to toggle it on but it doesn't recognize any nearby Bluetooth signals i.e. sound bar and Xbox controller. I have the rog strix x570 gaming mobo and a 5900x cpu...
  3. Unable to update AMD Chipset/ Nvidia drivers without system crash

Unable to update AMD Chipset/ Nvidia drivers without system crash: Here is my current build: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard Memory: G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB 2 x 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Storage: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive...
  4. I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.

I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.: I downloaded AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.30.28 from Asus. Now that it's installed, when I start up my PC I get: [ATTACH] If I click the button then it says Scanning for drive information and then disappears. Here's a list of the drivers: [ATTACH] I want to get rid...
  5. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  6. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  7. Latest AMD Drivers Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest AMD Drivers Crashing: Hi guys I have an issue with the latest AMD Drivers on my Windows 10 Pro x64. Whenever I have the Crimson edition or 15.++ drivers (15.3 onwards) it crashes or gives a BSOD. The crash occurs repeatedly once you reach the desktop screen until you hit a BSOD but sometimes it...
  8. Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate

Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate: anyone here running Win10 on AMD notebook, Zacate family [earlier E series] ? just wondering how many drivers I'll be missing and how to find. I'm wanting to try this on Lenovo Thinkpad X120e 10 is running swell on my A4-3300m based HP G4-1117dx except for onboard...
  9. AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10

AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10: Recently, due to some hardware failures, I had to replace my motherboard. I also decided to reinstall Windows 10. When I went to install the chipset drivers (16.4.2 Crimson, 64-bit), the only things it wanted to install were graphics related. I can install these...
  10. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released: Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released [img] Information WHQL version: 18.10 Release Date: February 12th 2018 Description: Supports Windows 7/10 for 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor AMD X370 Chipset AMD B350 Chipset AMD A320...