Windows 10: AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze

Discus and support AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Got new legion 5 2021 model with r7 5800h and RTX 3070 I'm facing an annoying problem, I investigated it and found it was there about three years old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbdulrahmanAdel, Dec 13, 2021.

1. AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze

I Got new legion 5 2021 model with r7 5800h and RTX 3070 I'm facing an annoying problem, I investigated it and found it was there about three years old Laptop Freeze Problem but not worked for meLaptop mouse freezes for a fraction of time in these cases and me be more, but these I'm facing for now1. randomly happens when press right-click on the mouse2. When press shutdown always happens3. randomly when opening the action center4. randomly when opening display or graphics settings5. when windows come from screen off mode its freezes for a few seconds with lower brightness then b

:)

AbdulrahmanAdel, Dec 13, 2021

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Dec 13, 2021
  3. redhonker Win User
    Fix random freeze for AMD CPU, MSI motherboard and nVidia Video Card

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

GeForce GT 710

AMD FX-8320E CPU

MSI 970A-G46 motherboard

The system freezes randomly without trace in event viewer. Sometimes the freeze will recover. Sometimes only a hard reset will do. No clear usage pattern causing this. It can happen right after reboot or idling. Another issue was there is random buzz
    during audio playback

I have done a lot research and experiment. And finally I have a stable system for over a week. Here is a quick summary. Hope this can help others.

• Clean installation of Windows 10 with network unplugged. Initially I did the upgrade from Windows 7 so was not sure if it's because of that. So I did clean installation this time but still got the random freeze.
    • Install nVidia Driver. I tried several versions and got random freeze with each of them. So I settled with one that I used before 364.72. This is before step 3. After that, I did not go back to upgrade the driver again.
    • nVidia driver installer will corrupt opencl.dll. I used

SFC and DISM
      and fix it. I suspect this also causes the random buzz during audio playback but I can't confirm it since I did not play audio at this point
    • Plug in the network and update. Freeze continues
    • Upgrade SSD firmware. Freeze continues
    • Upgrade motherboard BIOS. I've checked MSI website many times and it never showed an update. It turns out that you have to install MSI Live Update. It showed available update and I installed it
    • System fails to start after BIOS update. Had to pin-reset and it rebooted fine. Went into BIOS and configured as I would normally do. Reboot, freeze continues.
    • Run memtest86+ overnight. No error. Reboot, freeze continues.
    • Went back into BIOS, disabled C6 State in power management (kept C1E enabled). Rebooted, no freeze in a week

I can't say everyone has the same problem. I had to spent several days to troubleshoot and had essentially 3 issues

• nVidia driver corrupts opencl.dll
    • BIOS update
    • Disable CS State
    One thing worth note. I have 2x8 GB Patriot RAM. In BIOS, I've enabled AMP. According the manufacturer spec and CPU-Z, CAS under AMP is 10. However, CPU-Z showed the actual CAS is 9. I did notice this until the system became stable. Since memtest86+
    passed overnight, I did not slow the RAM down.

I started with a Radeon video card. It had many crashes. I blamed it on the lack of updated video driver (AMD abandoned the old cards) and switched to nVidia. I did not go back to test this with Radeon card.

redhonker, Dec 13, 2021
  4. AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 13, 2021
Thema:

AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze

1. AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze - Similar Threads - AMD NVIDIA dynamic

2. Switched from AMD to Nvidia; GTX 1070 crashes under heavy loads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switched from AMD to Nvidia; GTX 1070 crashes under heavy loads: computer specsR5 3600MSI GTX 1070 Gaming formerly a Powercolor RX 570 Red DragonTeamgroup 16gb 2x8gb 3000mhz cl16EVGA 650 BQ 650W, 80+ BronzeAsrock B450 Steel Legend BIOS version 4.60 the issuehi all! I bought an MSI GTX 1070 Gaming from a friend recently as he upgraded and...
  3. AMD + NVIDIA Laptop Freeze Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD + NVIDIA Laptop Freeze Problem: I am writing a new thread to mention an issue about AMD + NVIDIA laptops using NVIDIA Optimus technology. This seems to be a very old +8yo! bug reported first for INTEL + NVIDIA configuration, but it was partially fixed for INTEL by cooperative work between Intel and...
  4. AMD + NVIDIA Laptop Freeze Problem

AMD + NVIDIA Laptop Freeze Problem: I am writing a new thread to mention an issue about AMD + NVIDIA laptops using NVIDIA Optimus technology. This seems to be a very old +8yo! bug reported first for INTEL + NVIDIA configuration, but it was partially fixed for INTEL by cooperative work between Intel and...
  5. windows GPU switching between AMD and NVIDIA cause random mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows GPU switching between AMD and NVIDIA cause random mouse freeze: I got a new legion 5 2021 model with r7 5800h and RTX 3070 I'm facing an annoying problem, I investigated it and found it was there about three years old Laptop Freeze Problem but not work for meLaptop mouse freezes for a fraction of time in these cases and me be more, but...
  6. AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze: I Got new legion 5 2021 model with r7 5800h and RTX 3070 I'm facing an annoying problem, I investigated it and found it was there about three years old Laptop Freeze Problem but not worked for meLaptop mouse freezes for a fraction of time in these cases and me be more, but...
  7. AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze

AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze: I Got new legion 5 2021 model with r7 5800h and RTX 3070 I'm facing an annoying problem, I investigated it and found it was there about three years old Laptop Freeze Problem but not worked for meLaptop mouse freezes for a fraction of time in these cases and me be more, but...
  8. Mouse lagging, freezing with AMD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lagging, freezing with AMD driver: I updated my AMD based laptop to latest version of driver Adrenalin 2020 and mouse lagging or stutter appeared and i can't get rid of it. I read in some article that's i should disable HDCP but unfortunately there's no a such thing in my driver setting I tried to install...
  9. Dynamic HDR Switching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dynamic HDR Switching?: Running Windows 10 (1909) with a Nvidia 2080Ti on a Samsung CRG9. Some games (for example, Destiny 2) will automatically switch to HDR when launched, even if the HDR option isn't turned on in Windows. Most games, though (for example, Sea of Thieves and Modern Warfare) won't....
  10. Nvidia & AMD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia & AMD: Since I have been on Radeon for some time now, and had zero problems, I was wondering how Nvidia is getting along, or not -as it had loads of driver problems when I left it? Is it still as bad ............................ 55249