Windows 10: AMD APU Use to much ram

Discus and support AMD APU Use to much ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a hp laptop. It's have 8 gb ram, gtx 1050 and ryzen 5 3550 but the laptop don't see the nvidia graphic card i think and why I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NelwinHM, Aug 4, 2020.

1. NelwinHM Win User

AMD APU Use to much ram

Hello, I have a hp laptop. It's have 8 gb ram, gtx 1050 and ryzen 5 3550 but the laptop don't see the nvidia graphic card i think and why I can't decrease the usage of the cpu its takes my 2 gb ram for vega 8 and I don't want that. I can't reach the advanced settings by the way, when I open bios there is no advanced tab and when I press a there is beep sound cames same as the fn+tab please help.

:)

NelwinHM, Aug 4, 2020
  2. michelAgu Win User

windows 10 is not detecting my APU AMD A10-9700 graphic card

Hello,

I've an asrock mother board (ab350 itx/Ac) and an AMD APU (a10-9700E)

and no way to detect my graphic card as a Radeon R7, it's still named "basic windows card" in the device list.

I tried several versions of the AMD drivers for APU A series with no success

everytime I re-install everything I use a soft to clean everything.

Is there something I miss in the BIOS or anywhere ?

thank for your help

Michel

michelAgu, Aug 4, 2020
  3. AMD Software

What is the make & model of your system?

From what you have given and the little research I did, this pertains to your situation:

https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-1312

Essentially, you have an OLD chipset.

"NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver.
    Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

• Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
    • Reboot the system
    • Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU."

Shenan Stanley, Aug 4, 2020
  4. AMD APU Use to much ram

AMD Radeon R7 graphics inbuilt on AMD A10-7850K Series APU

Not sure if this is a Windows problem or an AMD problem or a problem with my system. I'm asking the same question over at the AMD Community

I have a newly installed AMD A88XM-A motherboard with an AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7 processor. The latest AMD catalyst drivers (15.20.1062.1004-150803a1-187668C) were all installed over the last few days along with a new install of Windows 7 plus all available
    updates.

The Windows 10 update checker on my PC says that I cannot upgrade to Windows 10 because the AMD Radeon R7 graphics chip is not compatible. It says the display manufacturer has not made the display compatible. I cannot reserve my Windows 10 upgrade.

However, the list at Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AM... | Community lists the A10-7000 Series APUs as systems that are compatible with Windows 10.

So, to repeat my question: is this a problem with the Windows upgrade checker, with AMDs list of compatible hardware, or with something on my system?

GDallimore, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

AMD APU Use to much ram

1. AMD APU Use to much ram - Similar Threads - AMD APU much

2. dwm using too much RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    dwm using too much RAM: My dwm.exe is using more than 1.5 gigs of my RAM at times when I have 3 windows open. I7-9750H 8GB 2666mhz RAM in single channel How can I decrease it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-using-too-much-ram/15cc45dd-0b8d-46a1-bad5-fd966aa635d0
  3. Apps uses so much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps uses so much RAM: Before i run "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool", all of the processes use 50% of a 4gb RAM, but after running the "Memory Diagnostic Tool" chrome uses so much ram more than before, and also i think that other apps slightly increased their RAM usage. anybody can help me with...
  4. AMD APU driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD APU driver: I have a gigabyte b450 pro wifi mainboard. I came across this AMD APU driver at my mainboard's webpage. So what is APU driver for ? Do I need it ? 167436
  5. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...
  6. windows using too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows using too much ram: I have a desktop pc with this configuration: -CPU: i7-5820K -GPU: GTX-980 -RAM: 48GB after 2~3 day using the pc the Ram usage is at 80% what is absolutly not normal....
  7. UPDATED apu AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UPDATED apu AMD: Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact https://support.microsoft.com/contactus if you need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updated-apu-amd/1c027686-5fd0-4b96-8d6f-94aa8664e766
  8. Bad Graphics Performance in Windows 10 using a AMD APU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Graphics Performance in Windows 10 using a AMD APU.: A few days ago, I acquired a computer that cost me around £600. It had 8GB of ram and a APU with AMD`s Ryzen 5 being the processor and The Radeon Vegas 8 as the graphics card. I had installed a few games that I had brought on Steam whether it was sales or games that I wanted...
  9. WDDM for AMD APU A6-3650

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    WDDM for AMD APU A6-3650: I have installed WDDM 1.2 for my APU A6-3650. Does it mean that I will not be worry about graphic card driver such as updating new driver in the future after installing this WDDM 1.2? 50267
  10. AMD A series laptop APU in combination with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    AMD A series laptop APU in combination with Windows 10.: I have a problem with Windows 10 and the AMD driver for the AMD A8 4500m APU. After upgrading to Windows 10 everything seemed to work fine, until I updated the graphics driver from the AMD website. The fan kept blowing at full speed all the times. The fan started to blow at...