Windows 10: Amd audio driver not showing up in windows update?

Discus and support Amd audio driver not showing up in windows update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop model is hp pavilion g6 (1318ax)based on amd llano and radeon hd graphics.I have a problem where the audio driver for my amd laptop doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drake85, Oct 9, 2017.

1. drake85 Win User

Amd audio driver not showing up in windows update?

My laptop model is hp pavilion g6 (1318ax)based on amd llano and radeon hd graphics.I have a problem where the audio driver for my amd laptop doesn't show up in windows update option but when I try the wushow hide tool it shows up there and I have absolutely not made it hidden.So I don't know why it doesn't show up in the windows update alone.Also looking at device manager I see that windows installed high definition audio device 10.0.14393 driver from Microsoft. Although the amd high definition audio device shows up in sound,video and game controllers.So I don't understand what's in play here?
    This situation came up a day back when I clean installed my windows 10 os due to some issues.After that I only used the hide tool to hide the amd radeon hd display drivers and left everything else enabled.So it is kind of puzzling for me why the audio device driver doesn't show up in the updates option because as of now the Microsoft audio driver sound quality is almost inaudible.

:)

drake85, Oct 9, 2017

2. Microphone not being recognized in Windows 10

I have a home built PC with an Intel DG965WH motherboard. When I connect a microphone to the front or rear jack, windows 10 does not see it connected. The microphones worked in previous versions of Windows. In "Device Manager" it shows the following:

Audio inputs and outputs

Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)

Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Sound, video and game controllers

AMD High Definition Audio Device

High Definition Audio Device

Nothing in Device Manager is showing any flags and they all say that they are working properly. The Intel web site for the DG965WH motherboard shows that it uses the "Audio IDT *92XX driver". Windows 10 shows the AMD driver. I highly doubt that Intel would
    use AMD drivers, although IDT could have been bought out by AMD. Any help would be appreciated.

GaryWarrenusa, Oct 9, 2017
  3. 1acj Win User
    Stereo Mix issue with windows 10

Ever since I up graded from windows 7 to free up grade windows 10 my Streaming video recorder program "Debut" stopped working. I attend webinars and record lessons so that I can review them later and do not have to divert attention from live webinar. My
    recording device tab in windows shows that it is active and I see VU meter but no activity in VU meter. I can record video but no audio using Debut software. When I go to devices menu, there are two places where audio items are mentioned.

1. Sound video and game controllers.

2. Audio inputs an out puts.

I was able to install realtek and AMD drivers in sound video and game controllers ( AMD High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High definition audio ) and properties show that device manufactures are AMD and Realtek and drivers are supplied by them).

However 2. Audio Input out put devices for the same devices (AMD High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High definition audio) and Stereo mix are shown as Microsoft and drivers identified as "AudioEnd point. I have tried to update driver manually by using
    up date driver button but did not succeed as realtek provides auto updating exe file and not *.inf file which Microsoft software is looking for.

Has any one solved this or is there another approach. Note "Roll back driver button is greyed out and that is not an option. Recording webinars is essential for continuing my education.

1acj, Oct 9, 2017
  4. Amd audio driver not showing up in windows update?

From what I gather the HD graphics driver will include the sound driver as has done for most onboard chips so you would need to try this one and see if it is then installed.

kingtez1984, Oct 10, 2017
  5. Please visit your laptop manufacturer website and download latest device drivers.

FreeBooter, Oct 10, 2017
  6. drake85 Win User
    For my laptop the support stopped with windows 8 itself.So the only choice is to download the older windows 7 or 8 IDT audio driver from HP.But that IDT driver doesn't contain the enhancement tab in its properties options.So without that tab the sound is basically the same as the basic Microsoft High definition audio driver.

drake85, Oct 12, 2017
  7. Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left. Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

Amd audio driver not showing up in windows update? [​IMG]

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Add Reply button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Send below the Reply box.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Amd audio driver not showing up in windows update?

1. Amd audio driver not showing up in windows update? - Similar Threads - Amd audio driver

2. Realtek audio drivers won't show up/no audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio drivers won't show up/no audio: After a long use I decided that it's time I clean my pc, I opened some easy parts like the gpu aio ram and used my air blower to blow the dusts off and reassembled the whole pc, and ever since then there is no audio whatsoever. without much to do, or so I thought. I...
  3. Realtek audio drivers won't show up/no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio drivers won't show up/no audio: After a long use I decided that it's time I clean my pc, I opened some easy parts like the gpu aio ram and used my air blower to blow the dusts off and reassembled the whole pc, and ever since then there is no audio whatsoever. without much to do, or so I thought. I...
  4. Realtek Audio Driver is not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver is not showing up: My computer crashed while playing a game and when it booted back up, my audio was gone. I tried updating Windows, I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Realtek Audio Driver, I've even tried the good old unplugging the speakers/headphones and plugging them back in. Nothing...
  5. Realtek Audio Driver is not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Driver is not showing up: My computer crashed while playing a game and when it booted back up, my audio was gone. I tried updating Windows, I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Realtek Audio Driver, I've even tried the good old unplugging the speakers/headphones and plugging them back in. Nothing...
  6. Realtek Audio Driver is not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek Audio Drivers Not Showing Up?

Realtek Audio Drivers Not Showing Up?: My Realtek Audio Drivers have not been downloading lately. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek drivers but it won't show up in the Device Manager. I also tried using my motherboard audio drivers I have the TUF Gaming B360-M Plus Gaming Motherboard by ASUS to...
  8. amd driver update

in Windows 10 Customization
    amd driver update: i cant update amd drivers and cant adjust brightness pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver-update/ec11253a-e224-4183-9475-6a36f5c5404a
  9. AMD drivers not showing up in device manager after reinstalling windows

AMD drivers not showing up in device manager after reinstalling windows: I recently added a SSD to my lenovo Z51-70 laptop. So, I installed windows 10 on ssd and deleted my windows hdd partitions. In new windows, I installed amd driver successfully. But after sometime my windows crashed and ran into error : driver power state failure. After that...
  10. Same updates to AMD showing up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same updates to AMD showing up: I think Windows is giving me previously installed AMD updates again, what's up? I can't think why the drivers to these were auto deleted on 17.03.2017, I initiated no such action [img] [img] 79587