Windows 10: AMD B350 chipset x86 support

Discus and support AMD B350 chipset x86 support in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I know AMD (in a very wise move - pun intended) has retired support for x86 systems, but I have assembled a computer that needs to be x86... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eLPuSHeR, Nov 30, 2018.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

AMD B350 chipset x86 support

Hello.

I know AMD (in a very wise move - pun intended) has retired support for x86 systems, but I have assembled a computer that needs to be x86 because it needs NTVDM to run a 16bit application for controlling a hydroponics device. Yes. I have asked for updates to it but there are none.

Now after switching from x64 to x86 I cannot install VGA driver for the built-in R5 Radeon graphics card and there is also another ACPI thing without driver. I guess this is the furthest I can go but I am asking anyway.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released

AMD B350 chipset x86 support [​IMG]
    Information WHQL version: 18.10.0830
    Release Date: September 4, 2018

Supports:

Windows® 7/10 for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • AMD X470 Chipset
    • AMD X370 Chipset
    • AMD B450 Chipset
    • AMD B350 Chipset
    • AMD A320 Chipset
    Windows® 10 only for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
    • AMD X399 Chipset
    Package Includes:
    • AMD Chipset Drivers
    • AMD Ryzen™ Balanced Power Plan

AMD Chipsets Driver Download

Brink, Nov 30, 2018
  3. kemotep Win User
    Windows 10 USB 3.0 Issue on AMD Ryzen B350 Motherboard

The Issue at Hand

The 4 Rear USB 3.0 ports on my motherboard do not work in Windows 10. I have attempted to install the AMD B350 Chipset drivers from both the AMD website and the Manufacturer site but they fail to install and produce a working USB 3.0 driver.

I can detect devices such as a keyboard or usb drive in BIOS and can boot into a Linux Live environment off of the USB 3.0 ports as well as use a keyboard and transfer files between the USB 3.0 ports. They simply do not work in Windows 10. This has been an ongoing problem since I built this computer in July.

Computer Specifications

• AMD Ryzen r5 1600 Processor
    • MSI B350 PC Mate Motherboard
    • AMD RX 480 4 GB MSI Gaming X Graphics Card
    • Windows 10 Education 1709 (Installed as 1607)
    • Various Wired and Wireless Keyboards and USB Drives

What I have done so far

As noted above I have downloaded the available chipset drivers for my motherboard at both AMD and MSI, but they fail to install properly. They overwrite or conflict with my Graphics Driver when I use the installer. When I search through the folder for the specific Windows driver file and attempt to manually install the USB 3.0 controllers, Windows reports that this is an update for Windows 7 and incompatible with this system.

Possible Solution

According to this thread on reddit, if you want to install the chipset drivers you must wipe out all of the old AMD drivers using a clean install utility such as DDU or the AMD cleanup tool, then install the chipset drivers first before the graphics driver.

I just want to know if anyone else has had this issue and if the possible solution will work before I move forward.

kemotep, Nov 30, 2018
  4. AMD B350 chipset x86 support

AMD 7th Gen Bristol Ridge and AM4, up to A12-9800, B350/A320 Chipset

AMD B350 chipset x86 support [​IMG]

Over the last two weeks, AMD officially launched their 7th Generation Bristol Ridge processors as well as the new AM4 socket and related chipsets. The launch was somewhat muted, as the target for the initial launch is purely to the big system OEMs and system integrators, such as Lenovo, HP, Dell and others – for users wanting to build their own systems, ‘Product-in-Box’ units (called PIBs) for self-build systems will come at the end of the year.

More: AMD 7th Gen Bristol Ridge and AM4 Analysis: Up to A12-9800, B350/A320 Chipset, OEMs first, PIBs Later

RoasterMen, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

AMD B350 chipset x86 support

1. AMD B350 chipset x86 support - Similar Threads - AMD B350 chipset

2. AMD 500 chipset USB problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD 500 chipset USB problem: I copied a large amount of data on multiple sistems this weekend. I have X470 chipset and intel nuc 8259u. On all sistems i had dropouts so I think that problem is in Windows 10 or usb drivers and in chipsets. I have leatest bioses and 20h2 with leatest updates. USB standard...
  3. I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.

I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.: I downloaded AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.30.28 from Asus. Now that it's installed, when I start up my PC I get: [ATTACH] If I click the button then it says Scanning for drive information and then disappears. Here's a list of the drivers: [ATTACH] I want to get rid...
  4. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  5. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  6. AMD MSI B350 VR USB C Port Connects and Disconnects Randomly

AMD MSI B350 VR USB C Port Connects and Disconnects Randomly: I recently bought a new USB C to USB C cable for my HTC 10 so I could hook it up to my motherboard's USB C port to get ultra fast response time while playing VR games on my phone. But when I plug it in, My computer makes the connection sound and disconnection sound, then...
  7. Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate

Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate: anyone here running Win10 on AMD notebook, Zacate family [earlier E series] ? just wondering how many drivers I'll be missing and how to find. I'm wanting to try this on Lenovo Thinkpad X120e 10 is running swell on my A4-3300m based HP G4-1117dx except for onboard...
  8. AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10

AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10: Recently, due to some hardware failures, I had to replace my motherboard. I also decided to reinstall Windows 10. When I went to install the chipset drivers (16.4.2 Crimson, 64-bit), the only things it wanted to install were graphics related. I can install these...
  9. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released: Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released [img] Information WHQL version: 18.10 Release Date: February 12th 2018 Description: Supports Windows 7/10 for 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor AMD X370 Chipset AMD B350 Chipset AMD A320...
  10. AMD 7th Gen Bristol Ridge and AM4, up to A12-9800, B350/A320 Chipset

in Windows 10 News
    AMD 7th Gen Bristol Ridge and AM4, up to A12-9800, B350/A320 Chipset: [img] Over the last two weeks, AMD officially launched their 7th Generation Bristol Ridge processors as well as the new AM4 socket and related chipsets. The launch was somewhat muted, as the target for the initial launch is purely to the big system OEMs and system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd b350 x86 driver