Windows 10: AMD Card not being seen

Discus and support AMD Card not being seen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have just installed an AMD 5700 XT card however windows is not detecting it and only is only seeing the basic GPU on the motherboard. I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Secrets62, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Secrets62 Win User

AMD Card not being seen

Hi,

I have just installed an AMD 5700 XT card however windows is not detecting it and only is only seeing the basic GPU on the motherboard.

I am not sure if I need to change the bios settings or is there a way for windows to detect it so that I can load up the driver as the AMD driver software says it can not find an AMD card installed

:)

Secrets62, Sep 22, 2020

2. Why won't Game DVR recognize my AMD Radeon R7 200 card?

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Is the AMD graphics card is set in BIOS?

If AMD graphics card is not set in BIOS, I suggest you to set that first and check. You may have to get in touch with the computer manufacturer for assistance.

If still the issue persists, I suggest you to install the AMD drivers in compatibility mode. Follow the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for
      “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 22, 2020
  4. AMD Card not being seen

Windows 10 video drivers for switchable AMD video cards

Hi Doug,

Thank you for replying. We apologize for the delay in response.

Method 1: I suggest you to uninstall the graphics card driver from
    device manager manually by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X, and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter option.
    • Right click on the graphics card driver and select Uninstall option.
    • Restart the computer to reinstall the driver automatically and check if the changes is effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, update the graphics card driver from
    device manager manually by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter option.
    • Right click on the graphics display driver and select Update
      option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes is effective.

Refer to the link below on similar issue and check if it helps.

Code 43 errors in Device Manager for AMD graphics drivers

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

AMD Card not being seen

1. AMD Card not being seen - Similar Threads - AMD Card being

2. External drives not being seen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drives not being seen: A bit of a weird one. I started noticing that my Western Digital drive wasn't being seen by my PC. Thought it could be the USB port or cable as a Freecom external drive was working ok. Then a friends WD external drive wasn't being seen at all. The other week I plugged in a...
  3. External drives not being seen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drives not being seen: A bit of a weird one. I started noticing that my Western Digital drive wasn't being seen by my PC. Thought it could be the USB port or cable as a Freecom external drive was working ok. Then a friends WD external drive wasn't being seen at all. The other week I plugged in a...
  4. External drives not being seen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My AMD RX 6800XT is being seen in device manager, but is not getting picked up in task manager

My AMD RX 6800XT is being seen in device manager, but is not getting picked up in task manager: I have downloaded drivers from AMD, changed some settings in the BIOS, and Reset the whole computer. Sometimes there is error code 43 but the GPU is on and seemingly working. The GPU is from MSI....
  6. My AMD RX 6800XT is being seen in device manager, but is not getting picked up in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My AMD RX 6800XT is being seen in device manager, but is not getting picked up in task manager: I have downloaded drivers from AMD, changed some settings in the BIOS, and Reset the whole computer. Sometimes there is error code 43 but the GPU is on and seemingly working. The GPU is from MSI....
  7. My AMD RX 6800XT is being seen in device manager, but is not getting picked up in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. AMD Graphics Card

AMD Graphics Card: Hello, I have an issue with my windows 10 laptop. It has an AMD Radeon 520 - 2GB Graphics Card. Yet on device manager it says I have AMD Radeon R5 M435. I'm assuming this is a 4GB card hence when I play GTAV it says I have a 4GB and gameplay gets really choppy.When I...
  9. AMD Graphics card problem

AMD Graphics card problem: Hi,I am having a problem with my AMD graphics card. Everything was fine, till about a month and half ago. My pc just got stuck, so I restarted the pc and I had these horizontal lines across my screen, then this old loading screen that looked like windows vista, then I got a...
  10. Printer being seen as scan only

Printer being seen as scan only: Installed an HP all in one back in July . It worked perfectly and then yesterday I started getting a message that no printer was installed. In settings the computer finds the printer, but when I click on it, it changes to scan only and then will not print. I have tried...