Windows 10: AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file)

Discus and support AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys trying to update my AMD drivers and im getting these 2 errors shown in the screenshot. What's going on? I should mention im running a 3700x on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MajorFoley, Jan 7, 2020.

1. AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file)

Hi guys trying to update my AMD drivers and im getting these 2 errors shown in the screenshot.
    What's going on?
    I should mention im running a 3700x on a x470 motherboard, an asus prime pro x470 with an NVIDIA GTX 1070
    I installed their chipset driers but it seems to have come with some unwanted stuff (amd software in programs and features and it looked like adrenalin software they use for their GPU) so i uninstalled it, reset my pc, downloaded the amd chipset drivers tried to install and got those 2 errors listed there although it still claims installation happens successfully. Another issue is if i have those motherboard ones installed then install the amd one top of it it seems to install just fine and im at a lost as to whats going on.

I should i not i rolled back from 1909 back to 1809 when i had issues with that version of windows 10.

:)

MajorFoley, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released

AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file) [​IMG]
    Information WHQL version: 18.10.0830
    Release Date: September 4, 2018

Supports:

Windows® 7/10 for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • AMD X470 Chipset
    • AMD X370 Chipset
    • AMD B450 Chipset
    • AMD B350 Chipset
    • AMD A320 Chipset
    Windows® 10 only for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
    • AMD X399 Chipset
    Package Includes:
    • AMD Chipset Drivers
    • AMD Ryzen™ Balanced Power Plan

AMD Chipsets Driver Download

Brink, Jan 7, 2020
  3. How to properly install INF chipset drivers for P35?

My AMD mobo was 16x on both PCI-E slots, but I've read around and the performance shouldn't be affected nearly as much. It's almost like I'm running one card....the bandwidth is 8Gb/s on this chipset. I installed the chipset drivers using the Intel INF update utility on the motherboard disc, and this installed drivers from Feb., but the ones on the ASUS site are from May.

binormalkilla, Jan 7, 2020
  4. McQueen Win User

AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file)

Does "Intel INF" ever really install anything?

I'm trying to find out if I have the latest chipset drivers. I'm more stubborn than skilled, I hope someone here knows more about how drivers work.

Take first, as a simpler and more straight-forward example of how I thought it always worked, the most common Realtek LAN driver. In the downloaded package, in the same folder as the .inf file (rt64win7.inf), there also is a .sys file (rt64win7.sys) which I assume is the driver, and there also are 2 DLL files (RtNicprop64.DLL and RTNUninst64.dll) and I can guess they are used for viewing properties and uninstall. If I look at my NIC in the Device Manager, under Drivers / More Info, these 3 are listed as the driver files. Also, if I look in rt64win7.inf, there are references to all 3 mentioned .sys and .dll files (e g under heading [SourceDisksFiles]). So it all makes sense.

There are 2 chipset drivers. The ME driver seems understandable. But when it comes to Intel INF installer, there are several things that to me look like they are never used:

The downloaded package consists of only .inf and .cat files, no related code (as in .sys or .dll files).
    If I run pnputil.exe -e, make a list of all oemXX.inf files that say "Intel", and open these in C:\Windows\Inf, then I can see the files from Intel that are actually being used, including the original file names (before Windows renamed them to oemXX.inf). And from that I can see that the .inf files in use never are the ones that came with the Intel Inf package (the used drivers I guess are something Microsoft found)
    If I compare all .inf files in the downloaded Intel INF package with all .inf files in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, only 3 are in common: cougcore.inf, cougsmb.inf and SNB2009.inf. But in these, there are no references to any .sys or .dll file, and under the heading [SourceDisksFiles] it is just blank.
    Looking closer at what driver is used for the SM Bus: In Device Manager I see that it uses intelsmb.sys (and intelsmb.inf, via Info / INF name), and that the device's ID is 1C22. I think the Intel INF installer is supposed to match that ID to what devices the .inf files list that they support. Now, with the Intel INF package there came a newer driver for the SM Bus, cougsmb.inf. Both cougsmb.inf and intelsmb.inf are in the FileRepository directory, so it looks like the system has tried to install them at some point. And in both these .inf files, 1C22 is listed under "supported devices". The cougsmb.inf is newer, and it is specifically for Cougar Point chipsets, which is what is on the H67 chipset boards like mine. Still the system uses intelsmb.inf.

So it looks like my system uses old chipset drivers (probably whatever Microsoft found at the original install), and that the files that should install new drivers are empty.

Am I missing something?

PS Running Win7 64bit with i3-2100 and H67 chipset.

McQueen, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file)

1. AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file) - Similar Threads - AMD chipset driver

2. I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.: I downloaded AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.30.28 from Asus. Now that it's installed, when I start up my PC I get: [ATTACH] If I click the button then it says Scanning for drive information and then disappears. Here's a list of the drivers: [ATTACH] I want to get rid...
  3. Install Option Missing From .INF Files 2020

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install Option Missing From .INF Files 2020: Hi. I am trying to install a .inf file, but the 'Install' option isn't there when I right-click the file. I have tried looking at previous forums and videos but none of them work. I am on Windows 10 and could really use some help. Thanks in advance....
  4. Missing Intel chipset driver

Missing Intel chipset driver: Hi, my computer has been really slow recently and I am confident it is because it is missing the Intel Chipset driver. In Device Manager, the only driver in Storage Controllers is the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller. Having run a benchmark test on my SSD, its write speed...
  5. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  6. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  7. Cant install chipset drivers, error 1720

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant install chipset drivers, error 1720: I have been trying for the past day to install the chipset drivers for my cpu and no matter what I do, I always get the error Product: AMD_Chipset_Drivers -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete...
  8. Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate

Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate: anyone here running Win10 on AMD notebook, Zacate family [earlier E series] ? just wondering how many drivers I'll be missing and how to find. I'm wanting to try this on Lenovo Thinkpad X120e 10 is running swell on my A4-3300m based HP G4-1117dx except for onboard...
  9. AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10

AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10: Recently, due to some hardware failures, I had to replace my motherboard. I also decided to reinstall Windows 10. When I went to install the chipset drivers (16.4.2 Crimson, 64-bit), the only things it wanted to install were graphics related. I can install these...
  10. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released: Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released [img] Information WHQL version: 18.10 Release Date: February 12th 2018 Description: Supports Windows 7/10 for 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor AMD X370 Chipset AMD B350 Chipset AMD A320...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd chipset driver error 1720

2. error 1702 amd chipsett