Windows 10: AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10

Discus and support AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, due to some hardware failures, I had to replace my motherboard. I also decided to reinstall Windows 10. When I went to install the chipset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by denali, May 22, 2016.

1. denali Win User

AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10

Recently, due to some hardware failures, I had to replace my motherboard. I also decided to reinstall Windows 10.

When I went to install the chipset drivers (16.4.2 Crimson, 64-bit), the only things it wanted to install were graphics related.

I can install these manually, but I'm not sure which drivers I should replace; it's simply been to long since I've had to do this and my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be. I have an MSI 990FXA Gaming motherboard, 8350 Processor, 16GB RAM, two WD HDDs (1TB boot and 3TB storage; prepping for eventually getting an SSD) and an MSI R9 270X Gaming 2GB video card running two monitors.

Thanks for reading. Any help that can be given is appreciated.

EDITED TO ADD: My reason for doing this is because of occasional periods of "dragging", where the system locks for about 5-7 seconds, then continues on like nothing happened.

:)

denali, May 22, 2016

2. matshitadvd-ram uj8b0 dvd drive not working after upgrade to windows 10

Thank you so much mysonjayson1132012 !

Had tried almost every other way but your solution worked, and it was very simple.

AMD doesn't let you link directly to download files, so as you said in other post its the 50 MB AMD Chipset Drivers you need to download. From this url the download file is a bit easier to find

Chipset

NAME FILE SIZE REVISION NUMBER RELEASE DATE
    DOWNLOAD LINK

AMD Chipset Drivers 50 MB 15.7.1 7/29/2015
    *DOWNLOAD

Description:

Supports Windows 10/8.1/7 (32-bit & 64-bit)

Package Includes:

AMD Chipset Drivers

AMD AHCI Driver

AMD USB 3.0 Driver

AMD SB7xx RAID Drivers

AMD SB8xx RAID Drivers

AMD SB9xx RAID Drivers

AMD A-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers

AMD E-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers

8e31ad89-0e21-44fe-9707-b91a4f423aa4, May 22, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Windows 10 Freezes When Optical Drive is Used

The "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" is being used and it may be beneficial to change that to the chipset driver.

Since the Sabertooth 990FX appears to have AMD SB950 chipset try installing the AMD chipset drivers for Windows 10 from the following link which should install the AMD SATA driver:

Chipset

The AMD chipset drivers sometimes have to be installed manually so after installing the AMD chipset drivers and restarting the computer open the Device Manager and see that "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" has been replaced with "AMD AHCI Controller" (or
    similar).

Also, make sure the freezing no longer exists.

Also, post back if the Device Manager still shows the "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" rather than the AMD controller.

auggy, May 22, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Your images indicate to me that everything is fine, just use the computer. There's no yellow symbols on the items shown which if there would indicate a problem. I have 2 Custom computers with AMD CPUs, 4-core and 3-core, running Win10 without problems.

Berton, May 22, 2016
  5. denali Win User
    Thanks for your reply!

I probably could have made this a lot easier if I hadn't left out my reasoning for checking this. I'm having occasional periods of "dragging", where the system locks for about 5-7 seconds, then continues on like nothing happened. There is no rhyme or reason I can ascertain as to what is causing it or what triggers it. It was my belief that not using the manufacturer's drivers would cause an issue. If my belief is not well founded, then I'll move on to trying something else. I have edited the original post to add my reason for asking.

denali, May 22, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    A short trip to MSI site should provide all the newest drivers you need, like for chipset, USB and network, AHCI drivers are included in Crimson. Realtec also has own drivers that are fresher than drivers on MS or MSI.

CountMike, May 23, 2016
  7. Check IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, if you have AMD SATA Controller driver listed there.
    When I was installing chipset drivers, it said OK, yet it did not install it and kept MS instead.

TairikuOkami, May 23, 2016
  8. denali Win User

Did that. Strangely enough, the site does not include downloads for those drivers. Only the network driver, sound driver and USB 3.1 driver.

denali, May 24, 2016
  9. denali Win User
    Driver listed is "Standard SATA AHCI Controller".

denali, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - AMD Chipset Drivers

2. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  3. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  4. Windows 10 Chipset driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Chipset driver: Hello guys, today i reinstalled the Windows 10 and i dowloaded the drivers via Windows Update but the AMD chipset driver did not install? Why?? submitted by /u/Tambor12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ulp3wf/windows_10_chipset_driver/
  5. I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.: I downloaded AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.30.28 from Asus. Now that it's installed, when I start up my PC I get: [ATTACH] If I click the button then it says Scanning for drive information and then disappears. Here's a list of the drivers: [ATTACH] I want to get rid...
  6. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  7. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  8. Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate

Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate: anyone here running Win10 on AMD notebook, Zacate family [earlier E series] ? just wondering how many drivers I'll be missing and how to find. I'm wanting to try this on Lenovo Thinkpad X120e 10 is running swell on my A4-3300m based HP G4-1117dx except for onboard...
  9. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released: Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released [img] Information WHQL version: 18.10 Release Date: February 12th 2018 Description: Supports Windows 7/10 for 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor AMD X370 Chipset AMD B350 Chipset AMD A320...
  10. Chipset Drivers for AMD based system, Model is Asus M52BC_M32BC

Chipset Drivers for AMD based system, Model is Asus M52BC_M32BC: Hi All Model shows up like that in all software programs, unknown motherboard inside here, using Standard Sata AHCI controller right now, planning on clean Windows 10 Pro Install when I get the money to purchase Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade, but I thought i'd start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd chipset drivers windows 10

2. amd chipset drivers 50 mb 15.7.1 7/29/2015

3. windows 10 amd 32 bit チップセット

4. amd chipset drivers vs windows drivers,
  5. amd chipset drivers windows 10 where version,
  6. mb_driver_chipset_amd-gaming window 10,
  7. amdchipset win 10,
  8. amd A4 chipset drivers windows 10,
  9. amd chipset version windows 10,
  10. amd chipset driver windows 10,
  11. amd sata controller driver windows 10