Windows 10: AMD Crimsion Installer froze computer,but windows update works!

Discus and support AMD Crimsion Installer froze computer,but windows update works! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So i reformatted my entire drive and installed Windows 10 Creator x64 brand new. I update the computer thru windows update. Now, whenever i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by goldenstar, Oct 6, 2017.

1. AMD Crimsion Installer froze computer,but windows update works!

So i reformatted my entire drive and installed Windows 10 Creator x64 brand new.

I update the computer thru windows update.

Now, whenever i install AMD Crimision Relive Edition 17.9.2 or lower(like 17.5.0) it freezes AFTER the point where the computer monitor turns black and turn back on. The installation bar would progress and when gets to the end, the entire computer freezes.

I tried using AMD CLEANUP. It freezes at the beginning.

SO i am thinking near the end of installation, the software is cleaning up and that where the freezing occur.

The good news is that i can use windows update thru device manager to update AMD driver to the latest version with ZERO problem.

My card is a XFX BLack edition 7950 3GB.

Anyone having this issue?

:)

goldenstar, Oct 6, 2017

2. AMD update froze my computer

Hi Bob,

I suggest you to perform clean boot and check, using this Microsoft Article because may be a third party application is causing this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

NOTE:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot
    or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When
    you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent
    you from following these steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 6, 2017
  3. AMD update froze my computer

installed the new AMD upgrade and now I'm stuck on my boot up "acer" page. I have no way of clicking anything..... What do I do ?

bob

BobCardenas, Oct 6, 2017
Thema:

AMD Crimsion Installer froze computer,but windows update works!

1. AMD Crimsion Installer froze computer,but windows update works! - Similar Threads - AMD Crimsion Installer

2. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  3. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  4. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Updated my computer and went to boot it and it froze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated my computer and went to boot it and it froze: So windows told me I needed to update my computer and I was holding it off because the last time I did my computer had the same problem this time that it had last time I have no idea what I did last time to fix it. Now I have windows 11 works fine have some issues of freezing...
  6. Computer froze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer froze: My computer is freezing when im at the login menu. As soon as i get to the login screen, everything works fine for 2 seconds and then the pc freezes completly. Also, my keyboard and mouse dont work after that, even though they clearly indicate they are on. Before the issue my...
  7. My computer froze

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer froze: My computer froze. I could not bring up the task manager either with CTRL +shift + Esc or with CTRL +Alt +delete. I could not turn the computer off. Finally, I noticed the clock was an hour behind. I unplugged the power cord. I still could not turn off the computer. After...
  8. After Windows 10 update, computer froze.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update, computer froze.: Clicked on update & went to bed. Didn't see any messages. Stuck on 1st screen without log in option, Mouse & Keyboard do nothing. can someone help?...
  9. Windows 10 update froze my computer

Windows 10 update froze my computer: Two nights ago, when I went to close my computer, it gave me the option to "install updates and then restart". I clicked ok and then it ran through the update for a really long time. When I checked my computer, it was frozen on the welcome screen. Now i cannot get my...
  10. Windows 10 install froze?

Windows 10 install froze?: I started my windows 10 update around 10:00 last night. For awhile it seemed stuck in suspend mode (black screen, monitor light orange, computer light still on etc) and I was worried but eventually I got the update screen and it went from 30% to 56% in around 30 minutes or...