Windows 10: Amd display driver amdkmdap question

Discus and support Amd display driver amdkmdap question in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; The System32 folder has atikmpag.sys 499kb dated 8/11/2016 The AMD (for Radeon R7 200) 16.12.1 downloaded yesterday with a clean install has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Rose W, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Rose W Win User

Amd display driver amdkmdap question

The System32 folder has atikmpag.sys 499kb dated 8/11/2016
    The AMD (for Radeon R7 200) 16.12.1 downloaded yesterday with a clean install has atikmpag.sys 518 kb 12/7/2016

Since the 'clean' install was chosen from the Catalyst control panel and that routine did take place I wonder why the System 32/drivers has the 499Kb atikmpag.sys ?

I'm searching for why the graphic times out- and recovers when a routine is going on in Photoshop CC 2017 (Select and Mask a layer) The recovery had Photoshop have a blank screen and no response so end task in Taskmanager -many Adobe Cc dmp files (unreadable) Event viewer reports that a specific CC plug in (spaces libcef.dll) faulted as a result of amdkmdap stopped responding.
    I was on Amd catalyst 16.11.4 (Nov2016) when the Photoshop CC was auto updated to CC 2017 and this freeze, restart issue occurred so I updated to the current 16.12.1 but there was no change. This edit using an edge mask still came to a halt and crash .
    Using a 'fix' reported elsewhere of adding keyword value for time delay of 8 seconds produced the my first experience of a bsod...and subsequent repair/restore. Immediately removed that registry edit.

I cannot quite determine which is having an issue. Is it something in the display driver or is it that Photoshop introduced an issue with its accelerated gl?
    After many 'pseudo crashes' Photoshop finally popped up a screen saying it had turned off acceleration so some tools would not be available.
    Inquiries in the Adobe online forum results in a rep saying it is a problem of the graphics driver and update. (THAT did not prove to be a remedy)
    So back to my original question....How come atikmpag in the System32/drivers is a smaller and older file? Is that the file Photoshop is referencing?

:)

Rose W, Dec 12, 2016
  2. Rob3rt68 Win User

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

same problem, randomly my screen goes black and i get a notification that my display has been recovered.

Looking in the logs it seems the display driver. amdkmdap

No driver updates available using windows update, amd reports also latest driver installed.

Had this crash 3 times today, was doing standard desktop stuff (browser, email etc), no graphic stuff (such as movies, games etc)...

Anyone any idea?

Rob3rt68, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Critical Kernel-Power error when GPU is on load

Hi Gerry,

I used the Program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) for removing any AMD drivers whilst my old Gpu was still running. Then I shut down the PC, changed Graphics, booted, downloaded the latest GTX driver from nVidia site and installed it.

Afterwards I also did a clean up + registry cleanup with Ccleaner.

That "amdkmdap" is referring to my old AMD Radeon HD 7870. You see there aren't any more entrys past 20.Feb.2017, the date I bought and installed the GTX 1070.

My onboard Audio is from Realtek afaik. Nvidia has installed audio drivers for HDMI but I'm not using the HDMI audio, because it will play back the sound on the TV speakers - what I do not want.

My Audio is running through my onboard soundcard via stereo jack right into my hifi-amp

Bud_Spanker, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Rose W Win User

Re:I cannot quite determine which is having an issue.
    Revisiting the photoshop forums it appears it is Photshop cc 2017 has the problem and so far the workaround is to rename the folder 'Regquired/Plugins/Spaces to be ~Spaces.-(calling that libcef.dll in that folder appears to be the conflict)

Rose W, Dec 12, 2016
  5. Are you sure the date & the month are the correct way round as the Americans do it wrong ?

8/11/2016 could be 11/8/2016
    &
    12/7/2016 could be 7/12/2015

???

RoadBlaster, Dec 12, 2016
  6. Rose W Win User
    My immediate neighbour is 'America' but I (and we here in CA.) refer to it as the U.S. but we are influenced and effected by their structures including date format. My system uses Day, Month, Year .
    As it turns out the issue has been with Adobe and as I type an update for Photoshop is in progress. The issue of not cooperating with the graphics driver has been widespread according to their forum and the feedback forum.
    All these continuing upgrade/update downloads -seem to me- to be a breeding ground for errors. I don't see 'cumulative' being an asset.

Rose W, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Amd display driver amdkmdap question - Similar Threads - Amd display driver

2. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: When i tried to screen share on discord my screen went black completely all sounds stopped and then the screen recovered and every app was closed when i saw the event viewer i saw "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." with event id...
  3. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: When i tried to screen share on discord my screen went black completely all sounds stopped and then the screen recovered and every app was closed when i saw the event viewer i saw "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." with event id...
  4. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Question about AMD legacy drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about AMD legacy drivers: Hi Are there any available drivers for the radeon HD 5000 to 7000 series cards for 1809? I'm asking because just in case I buy a card that is in the said family I wouldn't have problems installing the drivers for it. Any tutorials for installing as well? Thanks! 178936
  6. Stop AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop AMD Display Driver: Please provide solution for completely stopping driver download for AMD Radeon. This hardware has gone bad and I can't remove it from mother board. I have a i7 laptop with SSD and it runs very fast except that now it has become useless because of windows auto install of...
  7. AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Display Driver: Hello Lovely Community, I faced a problem today, I saw a new update in the Settings it was an update about AMD Driver, I accepted the update, the update didn't go well, and the pc got hanged, so I had to restart the pc, when I logged in the desktop, my AMD display...
  8. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding: So I bought a new PC a month ago and whilst playing many games the PC will stop responding and crash. When I checked the event viewer it said that the Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding but recovered about 11 times before the event log reported system startup which...
  9. Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding: Hello, I have an intermittent issue when coming out of sleep mode. Sometimes things work find but maybe 1 out of 4 times either the screen will not get a signal from the video card or there will be an image but the entire pc is frozen including the mouse pointer. Each...
  10. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and recovered? Help?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and recovered? Help?: Recently I've bought an RX 460 Gigabyte 4GB OC edition for my HP 500-056 with used to run with integrated graphics from an A8-6500 APU. To account for the extra watts needed, I bought a 430W PSU from Corsair bronze certified. Ever since I've got it which has been about 2...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amdkmdap.sys location

2. aamd driver amdkmdap

3. display driver amdkmdap

4. amdkmdap.sys 2018