Windows 10: AMD display driver crashes windows

Discus and support AMD display driver crashes windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this because I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or a software issue. So I'm having a strange issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlfredTaylor2, May 7, 2021.

1. AMD display driver crashes windows

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this because I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or a software issue. So I'm having a strange issue with Windows freezing when I try to install the latest AMD display driver. The strange thing is the PC was working fine until my graphics card crashed, which is an issue I've been having that I'm pretty sure is unrelated, I think the card is just old and maybe getting worn out. The computer crashed in-game the graphics card and I had to force a shutdown and restart, when it rebooted it did make it into windows but it was VERY slow and

:)

AlfredTaylor2, May 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 Display Driver error SONY VAIO AMD 7500/7600M

I have a Sony VAIO SVE15136CN, with Windows 10(x64) installed. I recently formatted it. It worked fine for a few minutes, but crashed on restart. I checked my Hard Drive and recovery media, but they had no errors. I was unable to pin down the error. I formatted the laptop several times, but to no avail. Then I went step-by-step, installing the drivers manually as per the SONY website, not via Windows Update. That was when I figured out there was a problem with my Display driver (AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600M Series). Each time I installed it and restarted, my PC crashed. Even after I installed the drivers, some Windows updates were needed, so subsequently I let Windows Update run to install them. This installed the AMD Display driver also, and my PC crashed while finishing updates on restart.

So I used Windows Disk and Recovery Tools(DART), and via Disk Management, in the Drivers section, I disabled 'amdkmdap' and another similar driver which I can't recall. This has worked so far, but I get the error 'AMD drivers not installed' from AMD Install Manager on every startup. This allows me to use the PC, but unfortunately I cannot adjust brightness.

I used the 'automatically detect driver' and also manually selecting the driver and installing(amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit), but to no avail. This is the latest driver. Display driver still keeps crashing.

Can anyone suggest what I should do, so that I can get the 'adjust the brightness' setting back? Maybe a link from where I can download older official drivers of my AMD graphic card?

user635883, May 7, 2021
  3. AMD Display Driver Install Causing Crash on Windows 10

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • AMD R9 380x
    • Desktop or Laptop System
      • Desktop, custom
    • Operating System
      • Windows 10 64bit
    • Driver version installed
      • Trying to install Crimson Edition 16.3.2
    • Display Devices
      • Lenovo, HDMI
    • Motherboard
      • ASUS H110M-A
    • CPU/APU
      • Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz
    • Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
      • EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze
    • RAM
      • 8GB
    Describe your issue:

• Brand new system ran fine for a month. Two days ago screen randomly started to go green. Solid green not a tint. It was also flickering and having weird pixelated issues. Took out GPU and put it back in to check connection. Checked all power supply
      connections. Everything good. Turned PC on and got vertical white lines across the screen and couldn't make it to boot before going black. Plugged HDMI into onboard display and was able to boot but would crash to BSOD withing seconds and give video.tdr failure
      (atikmpag.sys). I safe mode booted and used ddu to uninstall display driver and boot from Windows Basic Display Adapter. At this point my build became stable and now I use the computer, without the graphics card. I downloaded latest display drivers from support.amd.com
      but when I attempt to install the system crashes to BSOD with same video.tdr failure. Upon looking at the display driver in the device manager (in safe mode again) I get a Code 52.
    • I have attempted to install the Crimson 16.3.2 edition for Windows 10 and 8.1 64bit edition, both with same results.
    • I attempted to alter the atikmpag.sys file through tutorials I found online to no result.
    • I attempted to block Windows Update from downloading the latest drivers and installing them with no result.
    • I attempted a fresh install but as soon as updates were downloaded and installed it crashed again.
    • I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Please help.

Mithrawn05, May 7, 2021
  4. AMD display driver crashes windows

Display Driver kept crashing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system as it the display drivers crashes.

Do let us know the error code/ error message of this issue when the drivers crashes?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after the latest update, we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check with the display driver status from Device Manager.

Press Windows + x, click on Device Manager, expand
    Display Adapter, right click on the driver, click on
    Properties. You will find the driver status.

Method 2: I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 3: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Also refer to: Troubleshoot black screen problems

Hope it helps. Try the above, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2021
Thema:

AMD display driver crashes windows

1. AMD display driver crashes windows - Similar Threads - AMD display driver

2. Amd drivers crash Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd drivers crash Windows 11: Yesterday, after installing an AMD rx590 and updating the drivers and restarting the computer, it turned on and started, but it did not open any type of application, not did it open the bios with the command. The computer also wouldn't shut down with the Windows button by...
  3. Amd drivers crash Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd drivers crash Windows 11: Yesterday, after installing an AMD rx590 and updating the drivers and restarting the computer, it turned on and started, but it did not open any type of application, not did it open the bios with the command. The computer also wouldn't shut down with the Windows button by...
  4. microsoft basic display driver AMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft basic display driver AMD: microsoft basic display driver AMD problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-driver-amd/c49b6b98-8c3a-4550-b9e6-c6e18aa30923
  5. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  6. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  7. Stop AMD Display Driver

Stop AMD Display Driver: Please provide solution for completely stopping driver download for AMD Radeon. This hardware has gone bad and I can't remove it from mother board. I have a i7 laptop with SSD and it runs very fast except that now it has become useless because of windows auto install of...
  8. AMD Display Driver Issue No Signal

AMD Display Driver Issue No Signal: Hi, I used this PC build for 3 month. One day I started my pc after showing gigabyte logo screen went No Signal, but keyboard and mouse lights are on. So, I reinstall window several times 1803, 1809, 1909 still same issue I started in safe mode it's work I deleted AMD...
  9. AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Display Driver: Hello Lovely Community, I faced a problem today, I saw a new update in the Settings it was an update about AMD Driver, I accepted the update, the update didn't go well, and the pc got hanged, so I had to restart the pc, when I logged in the desktop, my AMD display...
  10. Latest AMD Drivers Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest AMD Drivers Crashing: Hi guys I have an issue with the latest AMD Drivers on my Windows 10 Pro x64. Whenever I have the Crimson edition or 15.++ drivers (15.3 onwards) it crashes or gives a BSOD. The crash occurs repeatedly once you reach the desktop screen until you hit a BSOD but sometimes it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 tdr failure amd