Windows 10: AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.

Discus and support AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, recently I swopped my HDD for an SSD and installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my Laptop. I Updated all the drivers and my whole PC started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DenverTyrrell, Jun 1, 2020.

1. AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.

Hello, recently I swopped my HDD for an SSD and installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my Laptop. I Updated all the drivers and my whole PC started to stutter/freeze every 2 seconds. I found out the problem was the graphics driver. So I Rolled back onto an older version but then I couldn't connect my monitor to my laptop. When I update it, the monitor connects but the stuttering is back. Is there any fix for either of these problems?

Also on my old HDD I didn't encounter any of these problems.

Thanks in advance.

:)

DenverTyrrell, Jun 1, 2020

2. Stuttering Every Two Seconds

Every two seconds I get a stutter, the mouse freezes and then jumps forward. Audio stutters, games stutter, everything stutters very briefly (on the order of milliseconds) every two seconds.

This happens every two seconds like clock work. It happens on windows, it happens in browsers, it happens in games.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can find. I've tried a System restore to last month even though the problem just started today. I've tried closing out of programs and disabling various tasks.

I've tried various checks and all come back clean:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • CHKDSK /f

Please help!

BoostHungry, Jun 1, 2020
  3. ak800i Win User
    Micro-stuttering every few seconds in Windows 10.

For me it was a program called F.lux that cause a stutter every second exactly. Just exiting it fixed the stutter immediately.

ak800i, Jun 1, 2020
  4. AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.

.1 second d stuttering every 1.5 seconds exactly

This problem occured occured once before where my computer was stuttering very routinely twice every 3 seconds. I was able to stop it by getting a new hard drive, but the problem came back maybe a month after. The stuttering wasnt only while running games,
    but also on the desktop. It seems to stop everything in the pc including processes. Please help.

Dominic Spinozzi, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.

1. AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds. - Similar Threads - AMD Driver causing

2. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  3. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  4. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 seconds or so every 1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 seconds or so every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  5. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 seconds or so every 1 second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 seconds or so every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  6. Win10 lag/stuttering every second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 lag/stuttering every second: Hello,I recently started having a problem within the last day where the entire computer will freeze almost every second for a millisecond while audio sounds fine and is never interrupted.I don’t remember doing anything that would have started this besides disabling the...
  7. Constant stuttering every second

Constant stuttering every second: Hello,I recently started having a problem within the last day where the entire computer will freeze almost every second for a millisecond while audio sounds fine and is never interrupted.I don’t remember doing anything that would have started this besides disabling the...
  8. constant stutter every 10 seconds

constant stutter every 10 seconds: getting a constant system stutter every 6 seconds. mouse pauses, anything running pauses for half a second constantly just re installed windows 10 to an older dell inspirion 15 laptop. also replaced hard drive, memory card and battery. when ran diagnostic and getting this...
  9. .1 second d stuttering every 1.5 second day exactly

.1 second d stuttering every 1.5 second day exactly: This lroblem occured occured knce before where my computer was stuttering very routinely every second or so. I was able to stop it by getting a new hard drive, but the problem came back maybe a month after. The stuttering wasnt only during running video games, but also on the...
  10. Stutter every two seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Stutter every two seconds: My computer sometimes starts to--every two seconds--stutter for like a split second no matter what I'm doing. This is the entire desktop and it goes right over into making videos and games stutter like that, making things unplayable and videos a headache to watch. This...