Windows 10: AMD Driver for PC on Windows 10

Discus and support AMD Driver for PC on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Please can anyone help? I am on PC & running Windows 10. I am trying to use my graphics card for gaming minecraft etc but am not able to. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FreddieWootton, Mar 3, 2021.

1. AMD Driver for PC on Windows 10

Hello

Please can anyone help?

I am on PC & running Windows 10.

I am trying to use my graphics card for gaming minecraft etc but am not able to.

I believe we should be able to change the graphics card being used, from the internal one to the discrete one by going to Display Settings > Graphic Settings > Options on the app you want to use it on but my only option is to select the internal graphics card.

I have an AMD MSI Radeon 5700XT MEC OC. In Device Manager > Driver Details it states it is working properley.

I have installed the latest driver version on my PC 27.20.14501.18003.

I have tried different drivers, re-installing the graphics card, and all suggestions I have found online but still cant seem to use my discrete graphics card.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thank-you

:)

FreddieWootton, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 3, 2021
  3. AMD Driver for Windows 10 not Functioning

Hi,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problems with AMD Drivers.

Please follow the steps given below to resolve this issue.

Uninstall and Reinstall the AMD
    Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the AMDDrivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the AMDDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.
    On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    AMDDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 3, 2021
  4. AMD Driver for PC on Windows 10

Windows 10 AMD Driver Error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

After going through your issue description, I understand that you have graphics issue in Windows 10. I will certainly help you with this.
    This issue might happen due to the incompatibility of drivers with the operating system.

I suggest you to try compatibility mode for AMD graphics driver and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on AMD driver that you have downloaded.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

AMD Driver for PC on Windows 10

1. AMD Driver for PC on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - AMD Driver

2. AMD drivers replaced by windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD drivers replaced by windows update: Hi,I' m having the same problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-keep-disabling-my-amd-drivers/4800d7dc-4d7a-4e32-a9fb-c735c4e572faIt´s been more than a year. Is there a permanent fix for this?TIA...
  3. AMD drivers replaced by windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD drivers replaced by windows update: Hi,I' m having the same problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-keep-disabling-my-amd-drivers/4800d7dc-4d7a-4e32-a9fb-c735c4e572faIt´s been more than a year. Is there a permanent fix for this?TIA...
  4. AMD drivers replaced by windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Amd drivers crash Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd drivers crash Windows 11: Yesterday, after installing an AMD rx590 and updating the drivers and restarting the computer, it turned on and started, but it did not open any type of application, not did it open the bios with the command. The computer also wouldn't shut down with the Windows button by...
  6. Amd drivers crash Windows 11

Amd drivers crash Windows 11: Yesterday, after installing an AMD rx590 and updating the drivers and restarting the computer, it turned on and started, but it did not open any type of application, not did it open the bios with the command. The computer also wouldn't shut down with the Windows button by...
  7. i cant fin my amd driver, after i attemp uninstalling it and reset my laptop after that....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant fin my amd driver, after i attemp uninstalling it and reset my laptop after that....: this was my device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-fin-my-amd-driver-after-i-attemp/f76da311-b640-4a5b-8aef-7b77dbf10b29
  8. i cant fin my amd driver, after i attemp uninstalling it and reset my laptop after that....

i cant fin my amd driver, after i attemp uninstalling it and reset my laptop after that....: this was my device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-fin-my-amd-driver-after-i-attemp/f76da311-b640-4a5b-8aef-7b77dbf10b29
  9. Video Color Adjustment Problem With AMD 24.1.1 Adrenalin Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Color Adjustment Problem With AMD 24.1.1 Adrenalin Driver: Hi All I have just upgraded my VGA and purchased a AMD RX 6700. I downloaded and applied its latest driver which is 24.1.1 Adrenalin. However this driver really makes me crazy because I can’t find its video color adjustment settings. There is a display settings part in...
  10. Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue

Blackscreen, AMD Drivers issue: Hi, my PC has been blackscreening during random times, whether gaming or idle. The PC processes still runs, but no display. The only way to get it back up and running is to cut off its power supply for a few hours and then reboot it, and everytime it reboots, it runs on low...