Windows 10: AMD Driver not working at all

Discus and support AMD Driver not working at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My AMD driver has not been working for a long time and I have given up on all of it. I tried everything restarting PC installing new software and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brandontuan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. AMD Driver not working at all

My AMD driver has not been working for a long time and I have given up on all of it. I tried everything restarting PC installing new software and it all seems not to work. Every time I uninstall and install again it install the wrong driver before Giving me bluescreens of all sorts "DRIVER POWERSTATE FAILURE, atikmdag.sys blue screen" among other bluescreens. Is there a way to fix this. My laptop information is Dell Inspiron 15-3567 IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.9GHz

:)

Brandontuan, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 25, 2021
  3. AMD Drivers not working

Hi Swathi 1709 and thanks for coming back to me.

I've tried all the troubleshooting steps that I can think of, including uninstalling the 'failed' drivers and following all the various steps to troubleshoot available in Windows.

I've downloaded the AMD HD5000 driver and the HD4200 but cannot get them to install. The process stops c. 75% into 'Analyzing' and then huffs and puffs for an eternity - or until I lose my patience. It won't let me cancel. When I try to do so I'm ignored
    and the puffing continues. The X button doesn't work either so the only way I can get out of it is to do a restart.

The last time I tried - (the 4th) I found the following:-

Error opening file for writing - Can't write C:\AMD-Catalyst-15.9.1Beta-64bit-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Sept30\Bin64\ATILog.dll

I changed the compatibility to Windows 8 as you suggested before trying to install.

Whether I'm being over-ridden by the keenness of Windows to reinstall the original failed drivers I don't know but I see that already they've been re-installed.

Sorry, but I can't give you any more info to work on but I appreciate your attention

GordonW

Black Darter, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

AMD Driver not working at all

1. AMD Driver not working at all - Similar Threads - AMD Driver working

2. AMD Drivers not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Drivers not working properly: I have been using a laptop with 2 GPUs Intel 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series but when i try to use AMD GPU it shows Microsoft basic display adapter. It also says that drivers are not installed or not working properly. I have tried DirectX Diagnostics and updating my...
  3. AMD Drivers not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Drivers not working properly: I have been using a laptop with 2 GPUs Intel 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series but when i try to use AMD GPU it shows Microsoft basic display adapter. It also says that drivers are not installed or not working properly. I have tried DirectX Diagnostics and updating my...
  4. No Drivers for AMD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Drivers for AMD: Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023 AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor. Lately, I think just after this last update, I'm getting a notice as follows: I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA) video card installed, with up-to-date drivers, which should bypass the AMD built-in...
  5. No Drivers for AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Drivers for AMD: Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023 AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor. Lately, I think just after this last update, I'm getting a notice as follows: I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA) video card installed, with up-to-date drivers, which should bypass the AMD built-in...
  6. AMD driver

AMD driver: hey So, my amd driver is from last year, figured I should update it. a few error's and help pages later, I download wushowhide.diagcab to hide said update. because windows wants to install this outdated driver claiming its the newest. but that microsoft tool cant see said...
  7. AMD DRIVER

in Windows 10 Customization
    AMD DRIVER: processorCPU- AMD Ryzen 5 355oH with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx Average speed - 2.110 GHzGPU 0 - Radeon RX 560XGPU 1 - AMD RadeonTM Vega 8 graphic RAM - 8gb when it comes and I installed 16 GB ram nowAnd my question is When you right-click on AMD icon I mean on the right in...
  8. AMD Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Drivers: Hi everyone. So I have an AMD Radeon R7 M265 on my windows 10 64bit laptop and also have radeon adrenaline software installed. As AMD doesn't have a solid support page and I cant ask them for support, I'm asking it here. How many types of radeon softwares are out there except...
  9. Amd driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amd driver: I want to change Intel to Amd[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver/c102a49a-2152-4aa3-af5e-04e2e75f2371
  10. All drivers are not working

All drivers are not working: My lenovo ieapad320 is not working properly.when i turned on my laptop and try to connect it wifi with my android there is no wirless option to add.then i tried to connect it with usb cable but it doesn't.when i open network and sharing setting there is nothing.i think my all...