Windows 10: AMD driver timeout

Discus and support AMD driver timeout in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since driver version 21.5.1 onwards, i have been experiencing driver timeouts , much more frequently with modern or latest drivers Recommended or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul CyrillNavales, Jul 21, 2021.

1. AMD driver timeout

Since driver version 21.5.1 onwards, i have been experiencing driver timeouts , much more frequently with modern or latest drivers Recommended or Optional. Been encountering this with different games like Valorant, fallout, Gta V and Resident evil village. I even used DDU but nothing happened. I Rolled back into 2020 drivers, version 20.11.2 , still im encountering this issue.i took a look at events viewer and i found this.my graphics card is Gigabyte RX 5500 XT 8gb .how to solve this issue?

:)

Paul CyrillNavales, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Driver host process timeout.

Hi,

The default timeout interval for the Driver host process is 60 seconds. If the driver couldn't respond as expected within this period, it's possible that the driver is outdated or incompatible with the operating system. We'll be able to provide the appropriate
    steps to resolve the timeout error once we have more information, so please answer these questions:

• Just to confirm, did this error only happen after you installed Fall Creators Update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you encounter this error while your computer was idle, or were you using a specific program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Jul 21, 2021
  4. stormy13 Win User

AMD driver timeout

No Drivers for AMD

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Despite it being a custom board, the chipset drivers still come from AMD regardless of what HP may have renamed them.

stormy13, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

AMD driver timeout

1. AMD driver timeout - Similar Threads - AMD driver timeout

2. AMD Software Detected that a Driver timeout has occurred - AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Software Detected that a Driver timeout has occurred - AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, Help!: Hello,I have a Ryzen 5, The ram I use is TeamGroup Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Hz my motherboard is an ASUS prime b550-plus, 1 - 500GB W_D black SSD and a 1TB SSD, 1000W PSU with a Radeon RX 7900 XTX.I've just upgraded from a Radeon RX 6500 XT, I also upgraded my SSD and PSU.when...
  3. AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YxvFNcI just got a driver timeout error message from AMD which doesn't seem good. I tried using a second monitor for the first time on my brand-new 6950XT I got a week ago, so I guess it's an issue with the 2nd monitor or my 6950XT. That...
  4. AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YxvFNcI just got a driver timeout error message from AMD which doesn't seem good. I tried using a second monitor for the first time on my brand-new 6950XT I got a week ago, so I guess it's an issue with the 2nd monitor or my 6950XT. That...
  5. AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Fix AMD Driver Timeout has occurred error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix AMD Driver Timeout has occurred error: [ATTACH]Some users that have AMD graphics cards installed on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, are reporting the issue whereby in the course of the normal use of the computer or during gaming, out of the blue, the PC screen goes black and then reloads and displays the error...
  7. Fix AMD Driver Timeout Detection and Recovery errors on Windows computers

in Windows 10 News
    Fix AMD Driver Timeout Detection and Recovery errors on Windows computers: [ATTACH]Response problems from a graphics card can prevent an operating system from receiving a signal or an input within a certain amount of time. This issue is referred to as Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR). What can be the possible causes of this issue and...
  8. AMD driver timeout/random colour screen crashes and flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD driver timeout/random colour screen crashes and flickering: Hello, Recently I have been having this problem where whenever I load up a slightly graphically demanding software such as any game or in some cases YouTube I have been met with flickering on my screen of any colour which causes my game to crash with this random colour...
  9. AMD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD driver: hey So, my amd driver is from last year, figured I should update it. a few error's and help pages later, I download wushowhide.diagcab to hide said update. because windows wants to install this outdated driver claiming its the newest. but that microsoft tool cant see said...
  10. Amd driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amd driver: I want to change Intel to Amd[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver/c102a49a-2152-4aa3-af5e-04e2e75f2371