Windows 10: AMD Driver Updated, but I can't access the settings for the diver from my desktop when I...

Discus and support AMD Driver Updated, but I can't access the settings for the diver from my desktop when I... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello whoever will be my savoir, I was just updating my AMD Vega 8 driver so that I could use the freesync feature so that TF2 (Team Fortress 2)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by some gamer, Jun 5, 2019.

1. AMD Driver Updated, but I can't access the settings for the diver from my desktop when I...

Hello whoever will be my savoir,

I was just updating my AMD Vega 8 driver so that I could use the freesync feature so that TF2 (Team Fortress 2) wouldn't lag in full screen. When I updated my driver and restarted my laptop, when I right clicked on my desktop, the option to change the settings disappeared. I've already have watched a video on youtube to see if it would fix it, but it wouldn't work. Somebody please help me.

P.S: I believe that I have the software already installed and I barely know that much about divers and all that.

(so correct me all you guys want, I would love to learn about this kind of stuff)

In a despite state,

some gamer

:)

some gamer, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Updating AMD Driverswindows 10 how to update the AMD drivers without any of their Private Branding components

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    If the issue still persists then i suggest you to contact the AMD manufacturer support website and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same.

http://support.amd.com/en-us

Hope this helps regarding updating the AMD display drivers. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

AMD Driver Updated, but I can't access the settings for the diver from my desktop when I...

AMD Graphic Driver

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    If that issue persist try to install in Compatibility mode

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

AMD Driver Updated, but I can't access the settings for the diver from my desktop when I...

1. AMD Driver Updated, but I can't access the settings for the diver from my desktop when I... - Similar Threads - AMD Driver Updated

2. Fail diver amd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail diver amd: Hola bns tardes Necesito ayuda con mi pcInstalo driver de tarjeta grafica amd y a la hora deninstalarlos se queda en 85%He tenido q reinstalar sistema varias veces y aun no da Ayuda plssYa mo c q hacer...
  3. Fail diver amd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fail diver amd: Hola bns tardes Necesito ayuda con mi pcInstalo driver de tarjeta grafica amd y a la hora deninstalarlos se queda en 85%He tenido q reinstalar sistema varias veces y aun no da Ayuda plssYa mo c q hacer...
  4. Updating diver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating diver: I am using Dell Vostro 5402. I found that I need to update the network driver. I downloaded the .exe file and ran it. After run the installer file and reboot my device, I went to check the driver in device manager and I found that my driver was not update, pls tell me what...
  5. I updated my drivers and can't access my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I updated my drivers and can't access my laptop: Hello! I was updating my drivers first time and this blue screen appeared when I restarted my pc. I tried to get some tutorials but i couldn't enable safe mode,I sont know what to do now....
  6. I cant access setting from anywhere on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant access setting from anywhere on my desktop: Hey I haven't been able to access my settings for a few days now and I'm not quite sure when this started. I've tried clicking start then settings and got nothing. I've tried typing in the search bar 'settings' and hitting enter and got nothing. I've tried clicking settings...
  7. I can't see my AMD Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't see my AMD Settings: Hello. I have a problem. I have Ryzen 3 2200G and when i click right click on my desktop i can't see AMD Settings, I can't find settings in search too. I think it is because of drivers, i have 1903 version of Windows 10 Pro, and i have Ryzen 2000 ready on my motherboard so...
  8. I can't access "change desktop icon settings"

I can't access "change desktop icon settings": Every time I click on desktop icon settings this pops up. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-change-desktop-icon-settings/71fe899d-787a-48cb-aaaa-ee14bf02dc3a
  9. I can't access desktop? windows update?

I can't access desktop? windows update?: Whenever I exit out all windows, it just shows start menu, like it's my desktop or home menu? Idk if Windows did Automatic Update or not.. and If I try to make a window smaller, it will just push it to one side of the screen??? you can't put windows on top of each other......
  10. I can't access SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't access SETTINGS: Well, well, well...... I'm back after a failed Refresh. lol. It started to Refresh, I went in the other room, and after returning I saw a screen with a " *Sad " smiley mentioning an error and prompting me to search for the error "Inaccessible boot device".... Then it...