Windows 10: AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/:

Discus and support AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/: in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I know a lot about Windows and fixing software and programing. But this is bothering me I have 2 pc s one Lenovo and one Asus Lenovo has windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NimaDejbord, Feb 18, 2021.

1. AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/:

Hi

I know a lot about Windows and fixing software and programing.

But this is bothering me

I have 2 pc s one Lenovo and one Asus

Lenovo has windows 10 pro 1909 and i installed all drivers

when i try to update, It will crash after update in boot screen after logo in gone UEFI

so i installed windows 10 20h2 with USB and try to install driver, it crash and freeze in desktop and i should turn off with button, and again crash and freeze in boot /:
    I installed in Safe mode and again freeze in boot.

I disable the AMD Radeon in bios and install driver and enable it, again freeze in boot.

after these I find out that I cant update to 20h1 or 20h2.
    my pc can handle programing , gaming and photoshop very well but this update .......

I think it is time to change to linux /:

My laptop
    Lenovo G510

Intel Core I3 4110m

6 gig of ram

AMD Radeon HD 8750m 1gig model

WD blue 7200rpm HDD.

Windows 10 Pro.

plz help /:

:)

NimaDejbord, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 18, 2021
  3. mverzz Win User
    AMD Graphics Driver freezes after 20H2 feature update, need help!

Dear Support forum,

Yesterday I installed the feature update 20H2.

After logging back-on a pop-up showed that the AMD graphic driver was not installed, which it was before the update.

However whenever I try to install any AMD graphic driver, the screen freezes completely.

When I restart by hard reset, the screen freezes already during the loading process (for example the circling dots before log-in screen).

The only way I can still log-in is by starting in Safe Mode, and/or by disabling the graphic driver completely as otherwise Windows is trying to install any update.

I have tried restoring my system via System Restore, didnt help. Tried to roll back the feature update, but unable to, Windows is asking me to completely reset.

I have tried installing a new driver via AMD website, Driver Booster, Windows Update, Device Manager.. nothing worked, everytime during the installing process the screen will freeze completely.

Some computer data, hope its sufficient:

ACER Aspire E1 Series

Windows

Windows 10 Home - 64 bits

Version 20H2, OS build 19042.546

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.29 GHz

Graphic Cards

AMD Radeon HD 8750M

Intel HD Graphics Family

I hope any of you have any suggestions to help me out!

Kind regards,

Max

mverzz, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/:

Updating AMD Driverswindows 10 how to update the AMD drivers without any of their Private Branding components

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    If the issue still persists then i suggest you to contact the AMD manufacturer support website and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same.

http://support.amd.com/en-us

Hope this helps regarding updating the AMD display drivers. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Tenforo, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/:

1. AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/: - Similar Threads - AMD driver crash

2. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  3. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  4. Windows 10 20H2: Realtek & AMD drivers problem

Windows 10 20H2: Realtek & AMD drivers problem: I have a problem with the amd drivers, when I try to take a clip or a recording it does not save the sound, I have astro a10 headphones, connected by a splitter to the back of the MB, however if I connect an xbox control and I take a clip the audio is recorded.I had the new...
  5. Windows 20h2 update crashes AMD drivers

Windows 20h2 update crashes AMD drivers: Hi. I've recently updated my Windows version to the latest build, and since then I've had multiple restarts when playing games. I have tried using DDU to remove my drivers AMD and reinstalling different versions of them, but all of them cause that launching a game and...
  6. Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems: I have several Intel based Windows Systems and they have all received the latest 20H2 Update. I also have several AMD based Windows Systems and none of them have been offered the latest 20H2 Update. I did download the latest version of Windows from the Microsoft Site this...
  7. Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 20H2 Update for AMD Systems: I have several Intel based Windows Systems and they have all received the latest 20H2 Update. I also have several AMD based Windows Systems and none of them have been offered the latest 20H2 Update. I did download the latest version of Windows from the Microsoft Site this...
  8. amd driver update

amd driver update: i cant update amd drivers and cant adjust brightness pls help when i update driver error comes no such interface supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver-update/ec11253a-e224-4183-9475-6a36f5c5404a
  9. amd driver update

in Windows 10 Customization
    amd driver update: i cant update amd drivers and cant adjust brightness pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver-update/ec11253a-e224-4183-9475-6a36f5c5404a
  10. Latest AMD Drivers Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest AMD Drivers Crashing: Hi guys I have an issue with the latest AMD Drivers on my Windows 10 Pro x64. Whenever I have the Crimson edition or 15.++ drivers (15.3 onwards) it crashes or gives a BSOD. The crash occurs repeatedly once you reach the desktop screen until you hit a BSOD but sometimes it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd graphics cards update crashing windows 10 20h2

2. 20h2 amd freeze