Windows 10: AMD drivers error

Discus and support AMD drivers error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope someone can help with the following issues. I am getting the message ‘No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Timedelay, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Timedelay Win User

AMD drivers error

I hope someone can help with the following issues.

I am getting the message ‘No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not

functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.’

This is preventing my graphics card to run, AMD software to run and some of my apps are displaying in minimum screen size and will not maximise.

I have tried uninstalling the AMD driver and software installed for my graphic card ‘AMD Radeon R7 200 Series driver - Sapphire Radeon R7 240 with Boost Gr’, after which I have booted up to safe mode and run DDU, then cleaned the registry. I then installed the latest version of AMD software from the full download, without success. The same message was displayed.

I then tried uninstalling AMD again rebooting in to safe mode, and using amdcleanuputility.exe, to clearinstalled AMD driver files and registry entries’ left over.

I then installed the recommended software ‘win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-19.12.2-dec12’. But I still get the same message.

I’ve also tried reinstalling older versions of AMD.

Following advice I have created the folders TileDataLayer\Database\ inC:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\. The files should have been in there were automatically created. I did a reboot to be sure it registered, but unfortunately I am still getting the same message.

I have run several diagnostics

DxDiag

There is a problem with AMD Radeon R7 200 Series device. For more information, search for “graphics device driver error code 52”.

Another error message received:

Windows cannnot find C:/Program Files\AMD\CIMBin64\InstallManagerAPP.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again.

I also received the following error:

Update Drivers - AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. ‘ AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent

hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. Code 52

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers.

I ran:

sfc /scannow – and received no errors

I did another installation of a recommended version and did a factory reset. Still I get the same message.

I have checked the Even View and Event Log Explorer and get quite a number of errors in various folders. I followed this up by searching for the error on the internet without any success.

One of the errors under Device Manager, was:

‘Device PCl\VEN_1002&DEV_6613&SUBSYS_E263174B&REV_00\4&3834d97&0&0008 had a problem starting.’

I even clicked on Event Log on-line help – what help?

I’ve searched the internet for help, sent a message to AMD and AMD forum. I did get a reply from the forum and a suggestion TileDataLayer\Database\, this did populate the folder with files, but did not allow AMD software to work or allow the graphic card to be activated in Device Manager, and I continued to get the same error message.

I am running Windows 10 version 1903 OS Build 18.362.592

System:

Desktop

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18362 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202

System Motherboard: Asus Z97-K/USB 3.1 S1150 Intel Z97 DDR3 USB3.1 ATX F6M0AJ107487

Processor: Intel Core I5 4690k - 3.5 Ghz - 4 Cores - 4 Thread Batch CM8064601710803

Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 240 With Boost Graphics Card - Radeon R7 240 - 4 GB

Power Supply Unit: CIT/PSU/017 CiT 550W Black Edition PSU 12cm Dual 12v CE PFC Model 550UB Batch 550UB

Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA3 3.5"

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2243

All Drivers are up-to-date via DriverBooster 7

System Model: All Series

BIOS: 0702 type: UEFI

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16324MB RAM

Page File: 2801MB used, 15954MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Describe your system:

· Driver version installed

o E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

· Display Devices

o Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter

o One line for each display device connected

· Motherboard

o Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe

· CPU/APU

o Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590

· Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage

o E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold

If anyone can assist with this I would be most grateful, if not I would have no other alternative but to go for a clean install of Windows.

Many thanks

:)

Timedelay, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Display Driver error SONY VAIO AMD 7500/7600M

I have a Sony VAIO SVE15136CN, with Windows 10(x64) installed. I recently formatted it. It worked fine for a few minutes, but crashed on restart. I checked my Hard Drive and recovery media, but they had no errors. I was unable to pin down the error. I formatted the laptop several times, but to no avail. Then I went step-by-step, installing the drivers manually as per the SONY website, not via Windows Update. That was when I figured out there was a problem with my Display driver (AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600M Series). Each time I installed it and restarted, my PC crashed. Even after I installed the drivers, some Windows updates were needed, so subsequently I let Windows Update run to install them. This installed the AMD Display driver also, and my PC crashed while finishing updates on restart.

So I used Windows Disk and Recovery Tools(DART), and via Disk Management, in the Drivers section, I disabled 'amdkmdap' and another similar driver which I can't recall. This has worked so far, but I get the error 'AMD drivers not installed' from AMD Install Manager on every startup. This allows me to use the PC, but unfortunately I cannot adjust brightness.

I used the 'automatically detect driver' and also manually selecting the driver and installing(amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit), but to no avail. This is the latest driver. Display driver still keeps crashing.

Can anyone suggest what I should do, so that I can get the 'adjust the brightness' setting back? Maybe a link from where I can download older official drivers of my AMD graphic card?

user635883, Feb 9, 2020
  4. AMD drivers error

Windows 10 AMD Driver Error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

After going through your issue description, I understand that you have graphics issue in Windows 10. I will certainly help you with this.
    This issue might happen due to the incompatibility of drivers with the operating system.

I suggest you to try compatibility mode for AMD graphics driver and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on AMD driver that you have downloaded.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

AMD drivers error

1. AMD drivers error - Similar Threads - AMD drivers error

2. AMD driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD driver error: iam using windows 11 and when i treying to install AMD drivers it says could not write value to /Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run . verify you have access to that key any solutions??...
  3. AMD driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD driver error: iam using windows 11 and when i treying to install AMD drivers it says could not write value to /Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run . verify you have access to that key any solutions??...
  4. Graphics driver error AMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver error AMD: At random intervals, my graphics driver AMD RadeonTM Graphics stops working. Enabling, disabling, uninstalling, reinstalling, checking for updated drivers has not fixed the problem. No option exists to roll back the driver. I have found that the only way to fix it is to...
  5. Graphics driver error AMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics driver error AMD: At random intervals, my graphics driver AMD RadeonTM Graphics stops working. Enabling, disabling, uninstalling, reinstalling, checking for updated drivers has not fixed the problem. No option exists to roll back the driver. I have found that the only way to fix it is to...
  6. Amd Driver Blue Screen Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amd Driver Blue Screen Error: Hi Microsoft, I am having an issue with my AMD Driver. It showing me a blue screen error usually it happened when I didn't update my AMD driver but as a game developer I don't wanna update my AMD driver because when I open unreal engine after some minutes my screen freezes...
  7. AMD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD driver: hey So, my amd driver is from last year, figured I should update it. a few error's and help pages later, I download wushowhide.diagcab to hide said update. because windows wants to install this outdated driver claiming its the newest. but that microsoft tool cant see said...
  8. AMD DRIVER

in Windows 10 Customization
    AMD DRIVER: processorCPU- AMD Ryzen 5 355oH with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx Average speed - 2.110 GHzGPU 0 - Radeon RX 560XGPU 1 - AMD RadeonTM Vega 8 graphic RAM - 8gb when it comes and I installed 16 GB ram nowAnd my question is When you right-click on AMD icon I mean on the right in...
  9. Amd driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amd driver: I want to change Intel to Amd[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver/c102a49a-2152-4aa3-af5e-04e2e75f2371
  10. New AMD driver Update error

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New AMD driver Update error: Anyone else not able to install the "Crimson ReLive Edition 17.5.2 " driver? I keep running into an error while installing. 84861

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CIMBin64

2. AMD\CIMBin64