Windows 10: AMD Global Wattman FIX for (RX5xx GPU)

Discus and support AMD Global Wattman FIX for (RX5xx GPU) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just finished upgrading my PC. When I got done I had one issue. The Global Wattman kept crashing when gaming. Seems AMD's default settings on Global... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Raner, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Raner Win User

AMD Global Wattman FIX for (RX5xx GPU)

I just finished upgrading my PC.
    When I got done I had one issue.
    The Global Wattman kept crashing when gaming.
    Seems AMD's default settings on Global Wattman are not set properly.
    I found this fix and it works, so I thought I'd post it just in case
    some one is fighting the crash issue.
    Just follow this short video.
    YouTube
    FYI Note: If you getting a error message (No internet connection or corrupt file) when you open
    Radeon Settings App.
    You need to make a (Outbound Rule) on your firewall. (For some reason the latest set of drivers
    have this small bug... "Enjoy Your Gaming" *Smile*Tongue*Wink

:)

Raner, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 15, 2019
  3. AMD GPU issues on Windows 10

I have a dual GPU laptop, with a power saving GPU, integrated, from Intel and and a "high performance" GPU by AMD. Now, I just noticed this, but despite my settings in AMD's Catalyst Control Center, no application was running on the "high performance" GPU.
    To try to fix this, I decided to uninstall both drivers completely, starting with Intel then AMD, the opposite of what I usually do. Then, I installed AMD first then Intel, again the opposite of what I do usually.

This seems to have fixed the issue where no app is running on the AMD card, but created a new one. Whenever I open or close an application that is set to run on the AMD GPU, the computer freezes for a few seconds, and only then moves on. Using the application
    feels normal and fine, except when opening and closing them.

Another issue is Windows 8 apps (I tried Asphalt 8, specifically) can't run in full screen using the AMD GPU. When I click the full screen button, said app crashes.

For reference, my GPUs are:

Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Intel core i3-2330M)

AMD Radeon 6470M (now referred to by Windows as AMD Radeon 7400M Series)

Please help.

João Carrasqueira, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Nikitachi Win User

AMD GPU ERRORS

I have elitebook 8560p , it has amd6470m, after reinstall of win 7 64, the gpu refuses to accept its driver n i get BSOD with atikmpag errors. I have tried ALL..yes, ALL amd drivers in vain, in device mngr my gpu shows as microsoft basic vga. Now listen
    carefully, i have found that it is WINDOWS tht is REJECTING the AMD driver bcoz the DRIVER IS NOT SIGNED!!, i knw bcoz after battling for MONTHS, every time i get it to work, AFTER RESTART, WINDOWS NOTICES THAT AMD DRIVER IS NOT SIGNED, WINDOWS DISPLAYS THE
    WARNING ERROR MSG THAT AMD DRIVER NOT SINGNED SO WINDOWS WILL NOW STOP AND SHUTDOWN! , srry 4 the bold letters jus wanna mke sure u get it, question is HOW DO WE GET WINDWS TO ACCEPT AMD DRIVER, in safe mode everything works as it should DISABLING DRIVER
    ENFORCEMENT DZNT WORK B4 utell me to do it

Nikitachi, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

1. AMD Global Wattman FIX for (RX5xx GPU) - Similar Threads - AMD Global Wattman

2. Selecting a Global GPU Preference in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting a Global GPU Preference in Windows 11: Hello all!I'm I have a 2021 Dell XPS 15. Running Windows 11.GPU and CPU:GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 TiCPU: Intel® Core™ i9-10885H Processor----------------------------------------------------------------------One Sentence Problem Description:This particular i9 CPU has an...
  3. Selecting a Global GPU Preference in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting a Global GPU Preference in Windows 11: Hello all!I'm I have a 2021 Dell XPS 15. Running Windows 11.GPU and CPU:GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 TiCPU: Intel® Core™ i9-10885H Processor----------------------------------------------------------------------One Sentence Problem Description:This particular i9 CPU has an...
  4. AMD GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Drivers: So I may be able to get a new GPU. Currently looking at a 3090,6900xt or a 3080Ti. I know they really are overkill for 1440p 165hz gaming but, as it's going to be a while before I could potentially upgrade my GPU again I want something that will last a few years...
  5. set global preferred gpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    set global preferred gpu: Hi, I know it's possible to set preferred GPU app by app, but can I set one globally? My intention is to set iGPU as default and I'll just add "exception" apps that should run dGPU to save battery life. I've already set default gpu to igpu in nvidia control panel, but it...
  6. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  7. Set Global GPU In Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Global GPU In Windows 10 21H1: Hello, I have a laptop with dual-gpu's i would like to choose which one to use globally for all of windows with a switch, but can't find one.The closest I have been is to set it for one app at a time, this is not what I want. I want to set it globally for all apps in windows....
  8. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  9. Radeon Wattman

Radeon Wattman: What is Radeon Wattman? Is this a driver that is a default on my computer or something that has to be downloaded to the computer. I keep getting a message is has crashed but been restored. I get this message all day everyday and I have no clue even what it is. If it is a...
  10. AMD GPU

AMD GPU: So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU. Can anyone tell me how I can make my RX570 the default GPU? Thanks in advance Please reply ASAP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon wattman keeps crashing

2. cant find wattman on global setting

3. miner tools windows 10

4. turbo windows 10,
  5. wattman amd download windows 10,
  6. Global wattman setting files,
  7. amd cant find global wattman,
  8. wattman not working,
  9. wattman global settings,
  10. global wattman guide,
  11. win10 global wattman settings,