Windows 10: AMD GPU crashing all time

Discus and support AMD GPU crashing all time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello!I have problem with my R9 380 amd GPUIt freezes the screen, some secounds after this it frezees the mouse,after this black screen and screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tadeusz425, Jul 15, 2021.

1. AMD GPU crashing all time

Hello!I have problem with my R9 380 amd GPUIt freezes the screen, some secounds after this it frezees the mouse,after this black screen and screen comes back after 5-10 secoundsIt gives me display error 4101In event logger : The amdkmdag display driver stopped responding but recovered.Sorry for my english if i made mistakes.Please help me.

:)

Tadeusz425, Jul 15, 2021

2. AMD GPU issues on Windows 10

I have a dual GPU laptop, with a power saving GPU, integrated, from Intel and and a "high performance" GPU by AMD. Now, I just noticed this, but despite my settings in AMD's Catalyst Control Center, no application was running on the "high performance" GPU.
    To try to fix this, I decided to uninstall both drivers completely, starting with Intel then AMD, the opposite of what I usually do. Then, I installed AMD first then Intel, again the opposite of what I do usually.

This seems to have fixed the issue where no app is running on the AMD card, but created a new one. Whenever I open or close an application that is set to run on the AMD GPU, the computer freezes for a few seconds, and only then moves on. Using the application
    feels normal and fine, except when opening and closing them.

Another issue is Windows 8 apps (I tried Asphalt 8, specifically) can't run in full screen using the AMD GPU. When I click the full screen button, said app crashes.

For reference, my GPUs are:

Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Intel core i3-2330M)

AMD Radeon 6470M (now referred to by Windows as AMD Radeon 7400M Series)

Please help.

João Carrasqueira, Jul 15, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 15, 2021
  4. AMD GPU crashing all time

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

AMD GPU crashing all time

1. AMD GPU crashing all time - Similar Threads - AMD GPU crashing

2. AMD GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Drivers: So I may be able to get a new GPU. Currently looking at a 3090,6900xt or a 3080Ti. I know they really are overkill for 1440p 165hz gaming but, as it's going to be a while before I could potentially upgrade my GPU again I want something that will last a few years...
  3. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  4. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  5. GPU at 0% all the time Windows 10

GPU at 0% all the time Windows 10: My GPU always stays at 0% usage I have Windows 10 64-bit, and these are my specs: IntelR CoreTM i5 CPU 4096 RAM NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS Driver version: 342.01 My GPU usage is always at 0% usage, when I play games such as Valorant and also when I don't. For instance,...
  6. BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU

BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU: I have been getting a lot of BSOD crashes when playing games, but I never got any of these crashes until I got a Red Devil RX 5700 XT GPU. I have gotten: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY kmode_exception_not_handled IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL All of my drivers are up to date...
  7. Games crashing all the time

in Cortana
    Games crashing all the time: [ATTACH]this wont stop crashing my games any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-crashing-all-the-time/b9526734-cd85-4b94-a49a-d824f5406bca"
  8. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  9. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Support
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  10. AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU: So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU. Can anyone tell me how I can make my RX570 the default GPU? Thanks in advance Please reply ASAP...