Windows 10: AMD GPU Driver Crashing

Discus and support AMD GPU Driver Crashing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaylaAnderson3, Jun 4, 2021.

1. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my PC would suddenly turn off. The monitor would go black but for a couple of seconds, I could still hear the audio running. The lights and fan of my PC remained on until I manually turned off my PC. Then after rebooting it would sometimes cause my GPU driver to disable Code 22. Upon enabling I would get a code 31. This

:)

KaylaAnderson3, Jun 4, 2021

2. GPU Driver Error

Thank you...I did have an AMD GPU installed previously, I just was unsure how to find the drivers to uninstall. I currently have an AMD CPU, are any of the drivers/other software listed here needed for the CPU or can I uninstall all of them?

• AMD PCI Device Driver
    • AMD SMBus Driver
    • AMD PSP Driver
    • AMD Problem Report Wizard
    • Balanced Power Plan
    • OEM Application Profiles
    • AMD Radeon Settings

crazyteacher4u, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

AMD GPU Driver Crashing

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

AMD GPU Driver Crashing

1. AMD GPU Driver Crashing - Similar Threads - AMD GPU Driver

2. Gpu driver crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gpu driver crashing: I bought a new laptop intel i5 12th gen 1240P / RTX 3050 / 8 gb Ram / windows 10 i intially installed geforce expeirience to install latest gpu driver but a BSOD appears with stop code VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR i tried a new clean instllation after using ddu but the BSOD...
  3. Gpu driver crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gpu driver crashing: I bought a new laptop intel i5 12th gen 1240P / RTX 3050 / 8 gb Ram / windows 10 i intially installed geforce expeirience to install latest gpu driver but a BSOD appears with stop code VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR i tried a new clean instllation after using ddu but the BSOD...
  4. Gpu driver crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AMD GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Drivers: So I may be able to get a new GPU. Currently looking at a 3090,6900xt or a 3080Ti. I know they really are overkill for 1440p 165hz gaming but, as it's going to be a while before I could potentially upgrade my GPU again I want something that will last a few years...
  6. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  7. AMD GPU crashing all time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU crashing all time: Hello!I have problem with my R9 380 amd GPUIt freezes the screen, some secounds after this it frezees the mouse,after this black screen and screen comes back after 5-10 secoundsIt gives me display error 4101In event logger : The amdkmdag display driver stopped responding but...
  8. AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU: So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU. Can anyone tell me how I can make my RX570 the default GPU? Thanks in advance Please reply ASAP...
  9. Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?: I have an amd 7970 top edition card.. I use the amd radeon settings for driver updates.. The settings say I have driver 18.8.1 installed and that there is a new driver 18.5.1 recommended to install, plus an optional 18.8.2.. I have windows update open and it says that there...
  10. GPU Driver Crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Driver Crash: Once the drivers are installed the screen goes black, after rebooting it'll reach the Windows logo then the screen goes black again or gets to the login screen and flashes blue and white. Thanks in advance 45093