Windows 10: AMD GPU Driver issues

Discus and support AMD GPU Driver issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am experiencing driver issues after replacing my CPU cooler. My CPU worked before but it was running too hot under load. And now when i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JindraS, May 18, 2024.

1. JindraS Win User

AMD GPU Driver issues

Hello,I am experiencing driver issues after replacing my CPU cooler. My CPU worked before but it was running too hot under load. And now when i try to utilize GPU, driver just times out. I was using it before the swap for like a week and than i switched it and it worked for like 10 hours and while playing GTA V it gave me a driver timeout error crash thing.Here is the latest error in device managerAMD GPU Driver issues :Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_73FF&SUBSYS_65051EAE&REV_C7\6&2c9ce418&0&00000019 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem15.inf Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} S

:)

JindraS, May 18, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2024
  3. GPU Driver Error

Thank you...I did have an AMD GPU installed previously, I just was unsure how to find the drivers to uninstall. I currently have an AMD CPU, are any of the drivers/other software listed here needed for the CPU or can I uninstall all of them?

• AMD PCI Device Driver
    • AMD SMBus Driver
    • AMD PSP Driver
    • AMD Problem Report Wizard
    • Balanced Power Plan
    • OEM Application Profiles
    • AMD Radeon Settings

crazyteacher4u, May 18, 2024
Thema:

AMD GPU Driver issues

1. AMD GPU Driver issues - Similar Threads - AMD GPU Driver

2. AMD GPU Driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD GPU Driver issues: Hello,I am experiencing driver issues after replacing my CPU cooler. My CPU worked before but it was running too hot under load. And now when i try to utilize GPU, driver just times out. I was using it before the swap for like a week and than i switched it and it worked for...
  3. AMD GPU Driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU Driver issues: Hello,I am experiencing driver issues after replacing my CPU cooler. My CPU worked before but it was running too hot under load. And now when i try to utilize GPU, driver just times out. I was using it before the swap for like a week and than i switched it and it worked for...
  4. AMD GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Drivers: So I may be able to get a new GPU. Currently looking at a 3090,6900xt or a 3080Ti. I know they really are overkill for 1440p 165hz gaming but, as it's going to be a while before I could potentially upgrade my GPU again I want something that will last a few years...
  5. AMD driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD driver issue: So if any other users have had this issue but windows 11 and 10 do this i went back to windows 10 to see if it fixed it but nope but it just started for a month ago and now its sticking around so if you install AMD drivers new windows will roll back to a older one no matter...
  6. AMD driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD driver issue: So if any other users have had this issue but windows 11 and 10 do this i went back to windows 10 to see if it fixed it but nope but it just started for a month ago and now its sticking around so if you install AMD drivers new windows will roll back to a older one no matter...
  7. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  8. AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650g GPU driver issue

AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650g GPU driver issue: Hello,I bought this new processor. Was previously using Intel. My windows 10 with insider version had issues and I did not manage no install drivers properly. It was crashing a lot.I did a fresh install of windows 10 and still have the same problem. I don't manage to run...
  9. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  10. Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?: I have an amd 7970 top edition card.. I use the amd radeon settings for driver updates.. The settings say I have driver 18.8.1 installed and that there is a new driver 18.5.1 recommended to install, plus an optional 18.8.2.. I have windows update open and it says that there...