Windows 10: AMD GPU

Discus and support AMD GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU. Can anyone tell me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Josh9834, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Josh9834 Win User

AMD GPU

So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU.

Can anyone tell me how I can make my RX570 the default GPU?

Thanks in advance

Please reply ASAP

:)

Josh9834, Oct 16, 2019

2. AMD GPU issues on Windows 10

I have a dual GPU laptop, with a power saving GPU, integrated, from Intel and and a "high performance" GPU by AMD. Now, I just noticed this, but despite my settings in AMD's Catalyst Control Center, no application was running on the "high performance" GPU.
    To try to fix this, I decided to uninstall both drivers completely, starting with Intel then AMD, the opposite of what I usually do. Then, I installed AMD first then Intel, again the opposite of what I do usually.

This seems to have fixed the issue where no app is running on the AMD card, but created a new one. Whenever I open or close an application that is set to run on the AMD GPU, the computer freezes for a few seconds, and only then moves on. Using the application
    feels normal and fine, except when opening and closing them.

Another issue is Windows 8 apps (I tried Asphalt 8, specifically) can't run in full screen using the AMD GPU. When I click the full screen button, said app crashes.

For reference, my GPUs are:

Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Intel core i3-2330M)

AMD Radeon 6470M (now referred to by Windows as AMD Radeon 7400M Series)

Please help.

João Carrasqueira, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Nikitachi Win User
    AMD GPU ERRORS

I have elitebook 8560p , it has amd6470m, after reinstall of win 7 64, the gpu refuses to accept its driver n i get BSOD with atikmpag errors. I have tried ALL..yes, ALL amd drivers in vain, in device mngr my gpu shows as microsoft basic vga. Now listen
    carefully, i have found that it is WINDOWS tht is REJECTING the AMD driver bcoz the DRIVER IS NOT SIGNED!!, i knw bcoz after battling for MONTHS, every time i get it to work, AFTER RESTART, WINDOWS NOTICES THAT AMD DRIVER IS NOT SIGNED, WINDOWS DISPLAYS THE
    WARNING ERROR MSG THAT AMD DRIVER NOT SINGNED SO WINDOWS WILL NOW STOP AND SHUTDOWN! , srry 4 the bold letters jus wanna mke sure u get it, question is HOW DO WE GET WINDWS TO ACCEPT AMD DRIVER, in safe mode everything works as it should DISABLING DRIVER
    ENFORCEMENT DZNT WORK B4 utell me to do it

Nikitachi, Oct 16, 2019
  4. kyajibhai Win User

AMD GPU

Please Help.. How to combine AMD & NVIDIA GPUs in windows 10.. ??

Dear Santosh,

I have been asked to pose my query here as my question involves the steps to be taken to enable "Explicit Multi-Adapter" config in Windows 10..

Please Help.. How to combine AMD & NVIDIA GPUs in windows 10.. ??

If anybody can help me to configure a simultaneous combination of both AMD & NVIDIA GPUs, I would be very grateful..

Thanks in Advance..

kyajibhai, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

AMD GPU

1. AMD GPU - Similar Threads - AMD GPU

2. GPU No signal detected after i uninstall AMD Software Adrenalin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU No signal detected after i uninstall AMD Software Adrenalin: my FPS counter on the AMD Adrenalin shows as n/a and because i dont find any solution i want to reinstall the amd software to see if its gonna solve the problem. After i uninstall the amd software adrenalin it prompt me to restart my pc but after i restart my pc all i got is...
  3. GPU No signal detected after i uninstall AMD Software Adrenalin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU No signal detected after i uninstall AMD Software Adrenalin: my FPS counter on the AMD Adrenalin shows as n/a and because i dont find any solution i want to reinstall the amd software to see if its gonna solve the problem. After i uninstall the amd software adrenalin it prompt me to restart my pc but after i restart my pc all i got is...
  4. GPU No signal detected after i uninstall AMD Software Adrenalin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update: There is this ongoing bug in Windows 11 where it keeps replacing the AMD GPU drivers with old ones all the damn time. I tried to disable the automatic device driver update but it does not do anything at all. The only thing that helps is to pause the updates for 6 weeks. This...
  6. Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update

Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update: There is this ongoing bug in Windows 11 where it keeps replacing the AMD GPU drivers with old ones all the damn time. I tried to disable the automatic device driver update but it does not do anything at all. The only thing that helps is to pause the updates for 6 weeks. This...
  7. Unable to play games and task manager not responding amd gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play games and task manager not responding amd gpu: Ever since I installed windows 11 this year I have been experiencing many issues with gaming. Although my build is leaning towards high end and on paper capable of 1440p gaming; simple games like fortnite and valorant are struggling to start up without freezing and my task...
  8. Unable to play games and task manager not responding amd gpu

Unable to play games and task manager not responding amd gpu: Ever since I installed windows 11 this year I have been experiencing many issues with gaming. Although my build is leaning towards high end and on paper capable of 1440p gaming; simple games like fortnite and valorant are struggling to start up without freezing and my task...
  9. Computer rebooting Event ID 41 after lanching game on AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooting Event ID 41 after lanching game on AMD GPU: My computer is suddenly shutting down and restarting after I start Second Life, my PC restarts about 30-60 minutes after I start the game.I run a Ryzen 5 5600X with a Radeon RX 6800. The issue started to happen when I try updating my graphics drivers, any version beyond...
  10. Computer rebooting Event ID 41 after lanching game on AMD GPU

Computer rebooting Event ID 41 after lanching game on AMD GPU: My computer is suddenly shutting down and restarting after I start Second Life, my PC restarts about 30-60 minutes after I start the game.I run a Ryzen 5 5600X with a Radeon RX 6800. The issue started to happen when I try updating my graphics drivers, any version beyond...