Windows 10: AMD graphics card messed up my screen’s brightness settings?

Discus and support AMD graphics card messed up my screen’s brightness settings? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Just today I found out that for the past two years, for some unknown reason, my computer has been running on the Intel graphics card only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mariana_F, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Mariana_F Win User

AMD graphics card messed up my screen’s brightness settings?

Hello,

Just today I found out that for the past two years, for some unknown reason, my computer has been running on the Intel graphics card only instead of using the native AMD Radeon graphics card it came with.

As it turns out, the software for this drive wasn’t installed and I only noticed this when I tried playing Dragon Age Inquisition and the FPS was extremely low. So, after some research and eventually finding out my graphics card was to blame, I went to AMD’s website and installed the software. So far so good, the driver seemed to be working as the FPS of my game increased exponentially, no lag, no anything.

It was only now, a couple hours later, that I found out that somehow my computer has lost the ability to change the brightness of the screen. The function keys do not work, I can’t find a brightness slider anywhere as they’re simply gone from where they’re supposed to be. They’re not in the settings, not in the windows sidebar, nowhere.

I have no idea what to do here. I’m not a computer expert by any means, but I think I did not mess with any settings whatsoever that could’ve caused this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, before I mess up anything further!

Thank you!

:)

Mariana_F, Oct 1, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 1, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Ryan Win User

Samsung laptop won't adjust screen brightness

I have a Samsung Ativ Book 6 NP680Z5E-X02US and recently updated to Windows 10. It uses Intel HD 4000 Graphics and has and AMD Radeon 8770M graphics card. Since updating I am no longer able to adjust screen brightness.

I have tried uninstalling the monitor and restarting. Updating all the graphics drivers. Disabling/Enabling the generic PnP monitor in device manager. Changed all of the power settings. The monitor still stays at what seems to be 100% brightness.

Any other suggestions?

Ryan, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. AMD graphics card messed up my screen’s brightness settings? - Similar Threads - AMD graphics card

2. No screen brightness control in Windows 10, AMD Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No screen brightness control in Windows 10, AMD Graphics Card: When going through my Windows Display Settings, there is no such thing as the brightness bar, same for when I click the Action Center or Network Icon on the right of my taskbar. When trying to update the driver of my AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT, it tells me the best driver is...
  3. No screen brightness control in Windows 10, AMD Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No screen brightness control in Windows 10, AMD Graphics Card: When going through my Windows Display Settings, there is no such thing as the brightness bar, same for when I click the Action Center or Network Icon on the right of my taskbar. When trying to update the driver of my AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT, it tells me the best driver is...
  4. No screen brightness control in Windows 10, AMD Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black screen when using an AMD graphics card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when using an AMD graphics card.: I recently got a new computer with a GTX 6800 XT. After a few days, my computer started black screening for no apparent reason. It occurs when doing general purpose browsing, or playing spotify, nothing particularly demanding. When I first it, I was able to complete stress...
  6. Black screen when using an AMD graphics card.

Black screen when using an AMD graphics card.: I recently got a new computer with a GTX 6800 XT. After a few days, my computer started black screening for no apparent reason. It occurs when doing general purpose browsing, or playing spotify, nothing particularly demanding. When I first it, I was able to complete stress...
  7. Wide screen after updating AMD graphics card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wide screen after updating AMD graphics card.: The issue happen 2 days ago by the time this post is submitted, I was updating the graphics driver then the screen was turned black, and then I restarted it and suddenly everything on the screen is wide, if you're gonna tell me how did I know the answer is the text on my...
  8. Wide screen after updating AMD graphics card.

Wide screen after updating AMD graphics card.: The issue happen 2 days ago by the time this post is submitted, I was updating the graphics driver then the screen was turned black, and then I restarted it and suddenly everything on the screen is wide, if you're gonna tell me how did I know the answer is the text on my...
  9. AMD Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Graphics Card: Hello, I have an issue with my windows 10 laptop. It has an AMD Radeon 520 - 2GB Graphics Card. Yet on device manager it says I have AMD Radeon R5 M435. I'm assuming this is a 4GB card hence when I play GTAV it says I have a 4GB and gameplay gets really choppy.When I...
  10. AMD Graphics card problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Graphics card problem: Hi,I am having a problem with my AMD graphics card. Everything was fine, till about a month and half ago. My pc just got stuck, so I restarted the pc and I had these horizontal lines across my screen, then this old loading screen that looked like windows vista, then I got a...