Windows 10: AMD Graphics Driver Didn't Update?

Discus and support AMD Graphics Driver Didn't Update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So after I installed Windows 10, AMD told me it needed to update. Great, because my computer looked like I didn't have a working graphics card.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brandibug, Jul 29, 2015.

1. brandibug Win User

AMD Graphics Driver Didn't Update?

So after I installed Windows 10, AMD told me it needed to update. Great, because my computer looked like I didn't have a working graphics card.

Installed, rebooted, but nothing changed. So I changed the DPI, which I found on these forums. It was already at 100%. I changed to 125%, then signed out, then returned to 100%. Still looked grainy.

http://i58.tinypic.com/35mqttj.png

EDIT: Updated title, since it's not JUST font. Games are affected. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the AMD driver for Windows 10 to no avail! Help! *Sad

:)

brandibug, Jul 29, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

DX11 Feature Level 10.0 is required to run this engine

As far as I know there are no Windows 10 AMD drivers from AMD for some graphics only drivers from Microsoft. The MS drivers may not give the required levels of video performance expected by the game and that may be why you see the message. You didn't say
    which AMD graphics you have, if it is 2000,3000 or 4000 series then try installing Windows 8 drivers from AMD's website.

Note recommended seems to be:

Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU.

neilpzz, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your computer for these changes to take effect!

Which driver should I remove?

I have 2 AMD drivers listed:

amd radeon R5 M320

amd radeon (TM) R5 graphics

It's a rather lousy solution for this problem to be honest . We are now february 2017 and microsoft didn't make a decent solution?

Or is it because there are to drivers installed?

belly dancemuseum, Jul 29, 2015
  4. derek10 Win User

your screenshot was apparently resized by tinypic and all blurry so can't see how the font looks, can you upload directly to the forum (attachment function)?

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  5. brandibug Win User
    AMD Graphics Driver Didn't Update? [​IMG]

Is this better?

brandibug, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Joanne Win User
    Hello

Perhaps you would like to read this thread of mine: blurry text.

It is still the same today, on my Windows 10 Home. I am not expecting it to get fixed any time soon. For MS perhaps this is not even considered as a bug / issue.

Joanne, Jul 29, 2015
  7. derek10 Win User
    yes.
    try to run the Cleartype wizard (in desktop control panel >fonts)

yours look exactly like the right box

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  8. brandibug Win User

Cleartype doesn't change anything. I just tried and when I pressed finish, nothing happened :/

brandibug, Jul 29, 2015
  9. pyramid10 Win User
    The default font size of 9 is blurry text on mine. I would have preferred 10.5, which means I'm neither happy with 10 nor 11.

pyramid10, Jul 29, 2015
  10. brandibug Win User
    So I've booted a couple of video games and it carries on into them. Not just font, everything is... Grainy?

brandibug, Jul 29, 2015
  11. derek10 Win User
    Maybe monitor/gpu/drivers issue?

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  12. brandibug Win User
    It was perfect in Windows 8.1. ;^;

brandibug, Jul 29, 2015
  13. brandibug Win User

Everything is up to date with monitor and GPU.

brandibug, Jul 30, 2015
  14. brandibug Win User
    Accidental second post.

brandibug, Jul 30, 2015
  15. brandibug Win User
    Driver Packaging Version 15.20.1062.1002-150715a-187327C
    Catalyst Version 15.7.1
    Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1500
    2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000
    Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01128
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.13399
    Mantle Driver Version 9.1.10.0077
    Mantle API Version 98308
    AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2015.0727.1507.25359
    AMD Audio Driver Version 9.0.0.9905

brandibug, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. AMD Graphics Driver Didn't Update? - Similar Threads - AMD Graphics Driver

2. AMD graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD graphics driver: HelloEver since i updated my windows from 10 pro to windows 11, my AMD software stopped working. It continues to send an error message,like windows update have automatically replaced AMD graphics driver, anytime I want to open the app. Please is there a way i can rectify this...
  3. AMD graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD graphics driver: HelloEver since i updated my windows from 10 pro to windows 11, my AMD software stopped working. It continues to send an error message,like windows update have automatically replaced AMD graphics driver, anytime I want to open the app. Please is there a way i can rectify this...
  4. AMD Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Graphics Driver: Hello, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 and recently I got an error message telling me that the installed Graphics Driver was out of date and hat known problems. It then redirected me to the AMD website to the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition download page. I downloaded it and...
  5. AMD Graphics Driver

AMD Graphics Driver: Hello, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 and recently I got an error message telling me that the installed Graphics Driver was out of date and hat known problems. It then redirected me to the AMD website to the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition download page. I downloaded it and...
  6. AMD Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. AMD graphic drivers

AMD graphic drivers: Hi there i get this pop up every time windows updates to a new version via insider program, now it states the settings need to be reset but you cant reset them as you have to open AMD's GPU application to do so & when you attempt to open said application you get this box, now...
  8. AMD Graphics Driver

AMD Graphics Driver: I updated my drivers through AVG driver update. I am now getting a message that I do not have an AMD graphics driver installed and the computer screen is showing graphics properly. Where do I get the driver and how do I install it?...
  9. AMD graphics driver

AMD graphics driver: Sir, After updating the windows 10 , a message popped on the screen that no AMD Graphics driver is installed....help me out to resolve the said problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-graphics-driver/29b087f0-765b-4609-b18f-3b705e3e50c2
  10. Problem updating AMD Graphics driver

Problem updating AMD Graphics driver: I cannot update my AMD graphics driver in windows 10, i've tried the WHQL & Beta drivers & i've also downloaded the driver from AMD & it still won't install. I've also lost some of my favourite websites on the last windows 10 update, I would like to know how to get round this...