Windows 10: AMD Graphics Driver freezes after 20H2 feature update, need help!

Discus and support AMD Graphics Driver freezes after 20H2 feature update, need help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Support forum, Yesterday I installed the feature update 20H2. After logging back-on a pop-up showed that the AMD graphic driver was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mverzz, Nov 2, 2020.

1. mverzz Win User

AMD Graphics Driver freezes after 20H2 feature update, need help!

Dear Support forum,

Yesterday I installed the feature update 20H2.

After logging back-on a pop-up showed that the AMD graphic driver was not installed, which it was before the update.

However whenever I try to install any AMD graphic driver, the screen freezes completely.

When I restart by hard reset, the screen freezes already during the loading process for example the circling dots before log-in screen.

The only way I can still log-in is by starting in Safe Mode, and/or by disabling the graphic driver completely as otherwise Windows is trying to install any update.

I have tried restoring my system via System Restore, didnt help. Tried to roll back the feature update, but unable to, Windows is asking me to completely reset.

I have tried installing a new driver via AMD website, Driver Booster, Windows Update, Device Manager.. nothing worked, everytime during the installing process the screen will freeze completely.

Some computer data, hope its sufficient:

ACER Aspire E1 Series

Windows

Windows 10 Home - 64 bits

Version 20H2, OS build 19042.546

Processor

IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.29 GHz

Graphic Cards

AMD Radeon HD 8750M

Intel HD Graphics Family

I hope any of you have any suggestions to help me out!

Kind regards,

Max

:)

mverzz, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

AMD Graphic Driver

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    If that issue persist try to install in Compatibility mode

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

AMD Graphics Driver freezes after 20H2 feature update, need help!

1. AMD Graphics Driver freezes after 20H2 feature update, need help! - Similar Threads - AMD Graphics Driver

2. Need help with graphic driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with graphic driver updates: Greetings! I hope everyone is doing well. I have a small issue regarding driver updates. Last year, I bought an HP Victus laptop with an RTX 3060 6GB graphics card, running Windows 11, an Intel Core i5 processor, and 16GB of RAM.I wanted to download some good games that were...
  3. Need help with graphic driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with graphic driver updates: Greetings! I hope everyone is doing well. I have a small issue regarding driver updates. Last year, I bought an HP Victus laptop with an RTX 3060 6GB graphics card, running Windows 11, an Intel Core i5 processor, and 16GB of RAM.I wanted to download some good games that were...
  4. AMD Graphics Driver

AMD Graphics Driver: Hello, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 and recently I got an error message telling me that the installed Graphics Driver was out of date and hat known problems. It then redirected me to the AMD website to the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition download page. I downloaded it and...
  5. Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver: Hello! I wanted To play minecraft 1.17.1 But it saysi need to update my graphics driver. I am using Integrated graphics of almost 2gb, Open gl 4.4 is required for minecraft. I was playing 1.16.5 and it worked fine.Please Tell me how to update my driver.Thank You!...
  6. Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver: Hello! I wanted To play minecraft 1.17.1 But it saysi need to update my graphics driver. I am using Integrated graphics of almost 2gb, Open gl 4.4 is required for minecraft. I was playing 1.16.5 and it worked fine.Please Tell me how to update my driver.Thank You!...
  7. Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver

8. AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD driver will crash in 20H2 Update/:: Hi I know a lot about Windows and fixing software and programing. But this is bothering me I have 2 pc s one Lenovo and one Asus Lenovo has windows 10 pro 1909 and i installed all drivers when i try to update, It will crash after update in boot screen after logo in gone...
  9. AMD Graphics Driver

AMD Graphics Driver: I updated my drivers through AVG driver update. I am now getting a message that I do not have an AMD graphics driver installed and the computer screen is showing graphics properly. Where do I get the driver and how do I install it?...
  10. AMD graphics driver

AMD graphics driver: Sir, After updating the windows 10 , a message popped on the screen that no AMD Graphics driver is installed....help me out to resolve the said problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-graphics-driver/29b087f0-765b-4609-b18f-3b705e3e50c2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd driver windows 10 crash 20h2

2. amd Radeon drivers ssd freeze

3. amd hd 8750 driver freeze