Windows 10: AMD HD Audio not working

Discus and support AMD HD Audio not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All OK I had an issue yesterday where I shut down and had an update and when I rebooted I had no sound. This was the thread I posted that did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dave1776, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Dave1776 Win User

AMD HD Audio not working

Hi All

OK I had an issue yesterday where I shut down and had an update and when I rebooted I had no sound. This was the thread I posted that did resolve the sound issue

Sound vanished! Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Problem I am having now and reason I started a fresh thread to deal with this connected but separate issue is I have an AMD HD Audio on my system and whatever this update did it seems to have added a new audio driver or something as before I just had the AMD HD Audio now I have that and a REALTEK HD AUDIO (SST) in there as well under SOUND VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLERS.

But I do have sound.

the way I fixed the above issue was I had an intel HD Audio in a category for OTHER DEVICES that had an exclamation mark on it and someone said to right click that and update driver but BROWSE my computer for that driver and that resolved my sound issue.

But now I noticed that when I right click my speaker icon and select sound and then the playback tab I noticed my AMD is all showing as grey with a red down arrow over the icon and it says not plugged in. There are 3 of those and then the REALTEK one that was added with the above fix. It's like it's forcing the realtek one over the AMD one.

And while sound does work I noticed that one item I loved is now missing. That being when I am on headphones (95% of the time) I have the volume set to 12% but when I unplug the headphones to use speakers it use to then return the speakers back to 100% as I will then use the volume control via my scroll wheel in my media program to adjust the volume as needed when on speakers.

but it will no longer go back and forth between 12% and 100% depending is headphones or speakers.

Any idea how to get this feature back or how to get the AMD HD Audio working again?

It was all working fine before the update yesterday and seems others are also experiencing the same issues now as saw another post on this and others posted in my thread they too had same issues following the update.

Also forgot to add am on an HP Omen laptop and I have done troubleshooting scans with no success!

Thanks
    Dave

:)

Dave1776, Oct 13, 2018

2. Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Towly Win User
    Front audio not working

Thanks Robal
    I'm currently on via's site now...
    Here is the list of supported audio chips: VIA HD Audio Codecs VT1702S, VT1705, VT1708B, VT1708S, VT1716S, VT1718S, VIA HD Audio Codecs VT2010, VT2002P, VT2020S, VIA HD Audio Codecs VT1812S, VT1818, VT1828S

The VIA VT1708A is not listed here...Should it make a difference in sound chip versions?

Towly, Oct 13, 2018
  4. n0hammad Win User

AMD HD Audio not working

Audio not working

My computer had been turned off for a month while I was away from college and once I came back the audio was working fine. The next day, however, I launched CSGO in Steam and my headphones were no longer receiving any sound. I restarted and there was still
    no sound. I do not have an internal audio output, so I may only use headphones and such so I decided to test if it were my headphones that were the problem, but they worked fine with my phone. I used a different pair and they were not receiving any sound either,
    however, the sound symbol on the bottom right of the desktop says there is sound "Headphone VIA HD Audio". I'm not exactly sure how to know what my sound card is since my friend custom built this desktop, but I think it is AMD. I've tried playing around with
    device manager, and trying to update drivers, but nothing has worked. Under Audio inputs and outputs there is listed: Headphone (VIA HD Audio), Microphone (VIA HD Audio), and Speakers (VIA HD Audio). When I troubleshoot, the troublehshooter says the problem
    is fixed and to restart the computer, but every time I do the problem is not fixed. It lists the problems found as "Audio driver cannot start" and "Audio device isn't set as default" and says both are fixed, but the sound still does not work. I checked playback
    devices and my headphones aren't listed there either. I'm at loss of ideas on what to do next and would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Update:

I checked the devices that are detected in devices and printers, and it shows my microphone as detected (which is a part of my headset), but not my headphones. The microphone works but the headphones are not receiving any audio.

Update 2:

I went to the device manager once more and uninstalled the AMD High Definition Audio device under Sound, video, and game controllers and restarted the computer. The audio still doesn't work, however, under playback devices, speakers and headphones are being
    recognized. Furthermore, the bars next to them show that there is audio playing, but none is still being received by the headphones. I then went to device manager and now under Sound, video and game controllers there is AMD HD Audio Device and also VIA HD
    Audio. Still not sure where to go from here.

Solved:

I updated the VIA HD Audio driver that had just shown up and then restarted. Audio now works. Idk **** I even did.

n0hammad, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

AMD HD Audio not working

1. AMD HD Audio not working - Similar Threads - AMD Audio working

2. The AMD HD problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The AMD HD problem: Is it possible to delete AMD High Definition Audio with the help of gpedit. msc ?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-is-not-uninstalling/caf34309-be84-46f0-8dd2-9b3c7a83f538...
  3. The AMD HD problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The AMD HD problem: Is it possible to delete AMD High Definition Audio with the help of gpedit. msc ?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-is-not-uninstalling/caf34309-be84-46f0-8dd2-9b3c7a83f538...
  4. The AMD HD problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek HD Audio Not Working

Realtek HD Audio Not Working: Hello, I am having an issue with Realtek not working on my computer, or better yet not even showing up anywhere in device manager. The only places Realtek pops up is in the task manager under start up and services and in the program files, but I don't believe all the files...
  6. Realtek HD Audio not WORKING

Realtek HD Audio not WORKING: ok. I have been working on this for about 6 hours. Realtek Drivers will not install. They install but do absolutely nothing. I have tried many different sources thinking I just installed the wrong one. Realtek does not show up in my Device Manager. NONE of my inputs or...
  7. Realtek HD Audio not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio not working: So I was playing GTA 5 and then I shut the flap of my laptop and didn't shut it down but just put it to sleep. After a while, I opened it again and there was no sound. I checked the Playback devices and it only said Speakers(7.1 Surround Sound) and the Realtek audio wasn't...
  8. HD Audio Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD Audio Controller not working: This morning I went to use my laptop and I discovered that the HD Audio Controller isn't working. After some digging, I think it's a driver issue but I have no idea how to fix it. submitted by /u/interimeclipse [link] [comments]...
  9. VIA HD Audio microphone not working

VIA HD Audio microphone not working: So, after fruitless attempts at fixing the issue using other people threads I've decided to create my own. I'm one of those unlucky to be bugged by sound issues after an upgrade to Win10 from Win7. My Siberia v2 headset microphone doesn't work. What I've tried:...
  10. HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200

HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200: Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv4 with AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphic controller. When I installed Win 10, I was able to use the HDMI port to watch movies in my TV. Some time ago, the HDMI output didn't work anymore. I guess some Win 10 update broke the driver or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd audio not working

2. amd sound driver not working

3. amd audio driver not working

4. amd hd audio not working,
  5. microphone jack not working on amd radeon 6790,
  6. hp amd ryzen audio not working,
  7. How to get AMDs ReLive to work with RealTek Audio,
  8. amd radeon make my headphones not working,
  9. audio not working after amd hd not working,
  10. amd sound drivers not working until reset computer,
  11. hd audio isnt working amd,