Windows 10: AMD High Definition Audio Device

Discus and support AMD High Definition Audio Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I find out which AMD High Definition Audio Device I need for my computer? My sound device uninstalled during a Windows 10 update on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FruitfulSeasons LLC, Oct 11, 2018.

1. AMD High Definition Audio Device

How can I find out which AMD High Definition Audio Device I need for my computer? My sound device uninstalled during a Windows 10 update on 10/10/2018.

:)

FruitfulSeasons LLC, Oct 11, 2018

2. AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

John,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the sound playback device was greyed out again this morning and reads: "AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In".

Once again, uninstalling AMD High Definition Audio Device and deleting the driver in the Device Manager and rebooting brought the sound device back.

Any other ideas?

Nada Realname, Oct 11, 2018
  3. jhickman Win User
    AMD High Definition Audio Device

the device AMD High Definition Audio Device was accidently removed.. where do i go to be able to reinstall this? please help thanks

jhickman, Oct 11, 2018
  4. AMD High Definition Audio Device

AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

Yes, that worked.

Starting with the sound playback device greyed out, I performed the clean boot steps, and upon rebooting, the AMD High Definition Audio Device was live and selected as the default device. I then followed the steps to start normally, and after rebooting the
    playback device was still live.

If this does not permanently solve the problem, how do I go about finding which service is disabling the playback device? There are only 8 startup items in the task manager (Skype, Outlook, Dropbox, and others from major corporations), and they've all been
    installed for years. And since the problem started after the anniversary update, wouldn't that suggest that a Microsoft service is suspect? But the clean boot excluded Microsoft services from being disabled.

The only non-Microsoft service in System Configuration that looks relevant is the AMD External Events Utility; if the problem continues, I'll start by disabling it.

UPDATE:

No, that wasn't a permanent fix. 24 hours later, the sound device was again greyed out.

Any suggestions. And thanks.

Nada Realname, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

AMD High Definition Audio Device

1. AMD High Definition Audio Device - Similar Threads - AMD High Definition

2. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  3. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  4. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.: I don't know what happened suddenly my speakers aren't working. I always you HP support assistant to update my drivers. MY model is HP 14s - fq1024 AURyzen 3 5300U. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.Things I did* uninstalling and reinstalling the amd high definition audio...
  6. No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.

No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.: I don't know what happened suddenly my speakers aren't working. I always you HP support assistant to update my drivers. MY model is HP 14s - fq1024 AURyzen 3 5300U. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.Things I did* uninstalling and reinstalling the amd high definition audio...
  7. AMD high definition audio device 10.0.1.23 NEED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD high definition audio device 10.0.1.23 NEED: I simply need this driver to update my system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-audio-device-100123-need/330bc446-9384-4a39-bfe1-6f52e9db84a7
  8. AMD high definition audio device 10.0.1.23 NEED

AMD high definition audio device 10.0.1.23 NEED: I simply need this driver to update my system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-audio-device-100123-need/330bc446-9384-4a39-bfe1-6f52e9db84a7
  9. high definition audio device

high definition audio device: Hello, I have tried for days. Everytime I get a windows update my sound is shut off. I have tried a dozen times to download "high defintion audio device" but it will not show up in device manager under sound to install it. Any advice?...
  10. High Definition Audio Controller Code 10 and only AMD High definition Audio Device as...

High Definition Audio Controller Code 10 and only AMD High definition Audio Device as...: My PC doesnt detect any plugged audiodevice. I also miss the High Definition Audio Device.[ATTACH] My High Definition Audio Controller start with Code 10 [ATTACH] I already tried to deinstall the drivers and restart the PC. I also reset my PC already. Nothing has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd high definition audio greyed out windows 10

2. amd high definition device not plugged in win 10