Windows 10: AMD High Defnition Audio Driver disconnects when swapping displays

Discus and support AMD High Defnition Audio Driver disconnects when swapping displays in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's the process that recreates this issue: 1) Normally I run 3 monitors, 1x SAMSUNG QN32Q50RAFXZA Flat 32" QLED 4K 32Q50 Series Smart TV, 1x HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bulky-Bluebird-3366, Feb 19, 2021.

1. AMD High Defnition Audio Driver disconnects when swapping displays

Here's the process that recreates this issue:

1) Normally I run 3 monitors, 1x SAMSUNG QN32Q50RAFXZA Flat 32" QLED 4K 32Q50 Series Smart TV, 1x HP QLED 32" monitor, a 27" Lenovo 4k monitor.

Process:
    1) While in 3 monitors or 2 monitors, the AMD High Definition Audio Device is connected and works just fine as I would expect and I can then use the TV for my speaker system (connected by bluetooth)

2) When I use the WINDOW key + P to bring up the monitor swap...when I swap back to only using the Samsung Monitor, that's when it disconnects the AMD High Definition Audio Device which shows a Code 45 (Device not connected) when, in fact, it definitely is.

3) When swapping back to multi-monitor, the AMD High Definition Audio Device reconnects and works normally.

4) Most recent driver is installed for the AMD Radeon 580x and Windows has been updated to the most recent updates.

I have tried the following:
    1) Uninstalling/reinstalling both the RX 580 and the AMD HD Audio device both separately.
    2) Stripping the driver out using the AMD driver removal tool, then reinstalling.
    3) Sfc /scannow which did repair some files, but nothing that made a difference with this.
    4) DISM to clean the driver image, cleaned successfully and rebooted, but, no results.

None of the above work.

SO to wrap up this...I've tried everything I KNOW how to do and am at a loss. This device should be working when connected as a single monitor, and it's unclear as to why this only works with dual or three monitors...and I don't know what to do at this point. Any advise or ideas are welcome!

ALSO, I'm not sure what kind of tool you'd like me to use to share my system specs. Please advise and I'll share. I have Speccy, but it's super verbose and fills up this space with far more than Reddit allows. (40k characters)

submitted by /u/Bulky-Bluebird-3366
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bulky-Bluebird-3366, Feb 19, 2021

2. AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

John,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the sound playback device was greyed out again this morning and reads: "AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In".

Once again, uninstalling AMD High Definition Audio Device and deleting the driver in the Device Manager and rebooting brought the sound device back.

Any other ideas?

Nada Realname, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

AMD High Defnition Audio Driver disconnects when swapping displays

1. AMD High Defnition Audio Driver disconnects when swapping displays - Similar Threads - AMD High Defnition

2. Cannot use earphones because of driver issue, High defnition audio driver having a yellow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use earphones because of driver issue, High defnition audio driver having a yellow...: Hello,I've been trying to use my earphones on my computer, but I can't and I'm not sure why I'm using aux earphones and trying to use it. I don't use it that much so I'm not sure if it uses to work before or not. I use an Inspiron 3647. I've done everything I could've deleted...
  3. Cannot use earphones because of driver issue, High defnition audio driver having a yellow...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use earphones because of driver issue, High defnition audio driver having a yellow...: Hello,I've been trying to use my earphones on my computer, but I can't and I'm not sure why I'm using aux earphones and trying to use it. I don't use it that much so I'm not sure if it uses to work before or not. I use an Inspiron 3647. I've done everything I could've deleted...
  4. Cannot use earphones because of driver issue, High defnition audio driver having a yellow...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. High definition audio drivers

High definition audio drivers: I was previously using the high definition audio drivers from windows but I wanted to try out realtek, after using realtek I wanted to switch back to my windows audio drivers but it disappeared and I can only find it in the Audio Inputs and outputs section on the device...
  6. Stop AMD Display Driver

Stop AMD Display Driver: Please provide solution for completely stopping driver download for AMD Radeon. This hardware has gone bad and I can't remove it from mother board. I have a i7 laptop with SSD and it runs very fast except that now it has become useless because of windows auto install of...
  7. AMD Display Driver Issue No Signal

AMD Display Driver Issue No Signal: Hi, I used this PC build for 3 month. One day I started my pc after showing gigabyte logo screen went No Signal, but keyboard and mouse lights are on. So, I reinstall window several times 1803, 1809, 1909 still same issue I started in safe mode it's work I deleted AMD...
  8. AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Display Driver: Hello Lovely Community, I faced a problem today, I saw a new update in the Settings it was an update about AMD Driver, I accepted the update, the update didn't go well, and the pc got hanged, so I had to restart the pc, when I logged in the desktop, my AMD display...
  9. AMD High Definition Audio Device

AMD High Definition Audio Device: How can I find out which AMD High Definition Audio Device I need for my computer? My sound device uninstalled during a Windows 10 update on 10/10/2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-audio-device/507b8744-66b7-4ac7-9421-ba39c3057bb1
  10. Screen Goes Black When Installing AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Goes Black When Installing AMD Display Driver: When installing the AMD display diver my screen becomes black. My computer does do anything and I have to manually turn it off and turn it on again. When this happens and my computer boots up again the driver is not installed. I ran DDU before I tried installing the driver....