Windows 10: amd High precision event timer wont install says pending Has been a consistent issue since...

Discus and support amd High precision event timer wont install says pending Has been a consistent issue since... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; amd High precision event timer wont install says pending Has been a consistent issue since the 2nd win 10 upgrade a long time ago and still remains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by trfjerryLee, Sep 27, 2018.

1. amd High precision event timer wont install says pending Has been a consistent issue since...

amd High precision event timer wont install says pending​

Has been a consistent issue since the 2nd win 10 upgrade a long time ago and still remains causes blue screen fail

:)

trfjerryLee, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

HOW do I turn off High Precision Event Timer ??

It's exactly as it sounds. A high precision event timer. It's supposed to be more reliable than programmable timers and the real time clock. It's basically dedicated hardware for hardware interrupt timers with a high level of precision and accuracy.

I also just looked through the manual for the Sabertooth 55i and there is no mension of the HPET. Maybe the board forces it to be on, in which case you're out of luck.

Why do you need to disable HPET anyways? It's best to keep it on.

Aquinus, Sep 27, 2018
  3. itsakjt Win User

Just go to Device manager and expand the "System Devices" section. Look for High Precision Event Timer. Right click on it and click disable.. It should do the job.

itsakjt, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

amd High precision event timer wont install says pending Has been a consistent issue since...

That disables the driver not the hardware that runs the HPET. You can only fully disable it through the BIOS. If you've looked everywhere it's possible that you might not be able to disable it.

Aquinus, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

amd High precision event timer wont install says pending Has been a consistent issue since...

1. amd High precision event timer wont install says pending Has been a consistent issue since... - Similar Threads - amd High precision

2. High Precision Event Timer Malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High Precision Event Timer Malfunction: Hello There. I'm having some issues with HPET. This motherboard shipped with BIOS version 7B18v15 2019-04-01. I have the MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk. After experiencing a windows corruption, I decided to flash the OS from Windows Media Creation Tool via a USB boot drive. After...
  3. High Precision Event Timer Malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Precision Event Timer Malfunction: Hello There. I'm having some issues with HPET. This motherboard shipped with BIOS version 7B18v15 2019-04-01. I have the MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk. After experiencing a windows corruption, I decided to flash the OS from Windows Media Creation Tool via a USB boot drive. After...
  4. High Precision Event Timer Malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it Worth Disabling "High Precision Event Timer HPET" for Troubleshooting in 2023?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Worth Disabling "High Precision Event Timer HPET" for Troubleshooting in 2023?: hi, I am currently trying to sort out an issue where my games will have a little stutter when dropping below 60fps, and it's more noticeable at 58fps than 59. I've gone through probably 20 different things, and currently I'm waiting on a DisplayPort 1.4 cable to replace my...
  6. Is it safe to disable HPET High Precision Event Timer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to disable HPET High Precision Event Timer ?: Is it safe to disable?, i've heard that by disabling it, it will increase laptop performance especially for gaming activity, what is HPET for?...
  7. Is it safe to disable HPET High Precision Event Timer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to disable HPET High Precision Event Timer ?: Is it safe to disable?, i've heard that by disabling it, it will increase laptop performance especially for gaming activity, what is HPET for?...
  8. High precision event timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High precision event timer: I read that disabling high precision event timer in bios and windows can improve games fps, input/output, micro stuttering and dpc latency (nvidia cards) . I disabled mine in windows, only slight improvements. I further disabled it in bios, still monitoring the result. Any...
  9. Can disabling HPET High Precision Event Timer cause issues with my machine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can disabling HPET High Precision Event Timer cause issues with my machine?: I've heard that disabling HPET can get rid of some micro stutter while gaming. I know that the programs I use do not rely on HPET to function so disabling wouldn't cause an issue there. I can only access the option via Windows, and not my BIOS option not there. Could this...
  10. High precision event timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High precision event timer: WinZip says I need to update my hpet to version 7.0.1.1011. How can I find out whether I really need to do this or is WinZip just trying to sell me something I don't need? (This is a subject waaay over my knowledge level.) 106301

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd highprecision