Windows 10: AMD L3 cache problem in 22471?

Discus and support AMD L3 cache problem in 22471? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does famous AMD L3 cache problem addressed in 22471 build if not how to fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by necros2k7, Oct 24, 2021.

1. necros2k7 Win User

AMD L3 cache problem in 22471?

Does famous AMD L3 cache problem addressed in 22471 build if not how to fix it?

:)

necros2k7, Oct 24, 2021
  2. LMiller7 Win User

Changing L3 Cache

The L3 cache is built into the CPU itself and it's size is an inherent characteristic. It cannot be changed.

LMiller7, Oct 24, 2021
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    Changing L3 Cache

The L3 cache is special memory built into the CPU package. There is no setting anywhere that can change it's size. Even Intel or AMD could not change this for an existing CPU.

There is a registry setting referring to the L2 cache that is sometimes mentioned in Internet articles. Maybe that is what you are referring to. It's purpose was to tell Windows the size of the L2 cache which it used to make some minor optimizations. But the setting was only needed for some very old CPUs that are incapable of running Windows 10 anyway. In modern CPUs Windows is able to obtain this information from the CPU itself and does so routinely. The full size of the cache is always known to and used by the CPU.

There were many Internet articles that got this wrong in various ways. I will not mention it's location here as it would serve no useful purpose and may cause confusion. I doubt that Windows 10 even reads the setting if it was crested.

LMiller7, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Bo$$ Win User

AMD Athlon II X3 L3 cache ?

try buying a Phenom II X2, maybe you can get a quad + L3 cache, and if it doesnt you still have the L3

Thema:

1. AMD L3 cache problem in 22471? - Similar Threads - AMD cache problem

2. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  3. L3 cache write/copy speed cut on AMD CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    L3 cache write/copy speed cut on AMD CPU: Today I upgraded my PC to Windows 11 from 10. I have already known that initially Win11 had a problem with L3 cache on AMD-based platforms. And I also read in news feeds that the problem had been solved in 2021-10 Cumulative Update, so I hoped it wouldn't appear now. But,...
  4. L3 cache write/copy speed cut on AMD CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    L3 cache write/copy speed cut on AMD CPU: Today I upgraded my PC to Windows 11 from 10. I have already known that initially Win11 had a problem with L3 cache on AMD-based platforms. And I also read in news feeds that the problem had been solved in 2021-10 Cumulative Update, so I hoped it wouldn't appear now. But,...
  5. AMD L3 cache problem in 22471?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD L3 cache problem in 22471?: Does famous AMD L3 cache problem addressed in 22471 build if not how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-l3-cache-problem-in-22471/5d5340c0-b752-49f4-a088-4012292a2bde
  6. Cache Hierarchy Error AMD Ryzen 3700

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cache Hierarchy Error AMD Ryzen 3700: Hi all, I've been having random reboots with my fairly new system that I built in September 2021. When I look in Event Viewer, I get WHEA-Logger 18 events. Reported by component: Processor Core. Error Source: Machine Hierarchy Error Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error....
  7. amd problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    amd problem: hello there I have a lenovo Z51_70 laptop with intel and amd R9 M375 geraphic card. I can't see my graphics card listed in device manager and also i can't update it. i got error 173 i use DDU before install the update, i install the different versions of drivers, I've...
  8. Cache problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cache problem: I am finding I have to dump my cache at least once a day or web pages don't load properly. Any info/ideas much appreciated. Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cache-problem/59bfbd56-bca9-4811-a177-89cf6a92c3f1
  9. Changing L3 Cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing L3 Cache: Hey, I have viewed through all 14 pages in performance & maintenance tutorial's but I haven't found the thread for changing L3 cache in Windows 10 environment. Anyone know how to change this? *Smile Sorry for making a thread where the same question was asked but I don't...
  10. Icon Caching Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Caching Problem: Folks, I'm having an icon caching problem that I've not been able to solve. What precipitated this event was that I was trying to get Adobe Connect to work. From what I could tell Shockwave was having an argument with Windows 10. I've tried everything suggested on this...