Windows 10: AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10

Discus and support AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]A graphics card is computer hardware that is responsible for displaying the image you see on your computer screen. It is a great way of […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 29, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card

Hi,

(Laptop) Specs:

Asus R558UF-XO044T

Intel i5-6200U, Intel HD Graphics + Nvidia GT930M, 8GB RAM.

Windows 10 Home Single Language (Version: 1703; Build: 15063.608)

So a few months ago I switched from Windows 10 to Ubuntu. I wasn't using Nvidia drivers while I was using Ubuntu. So I (fresh) installed Windows 10 tonight (not dual-boot; also ran updates after install) but for some reason my Nvidia card is not showing
    up in the Display Adapters section of Device Manager. And Nvidia Driver installer says "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". The last time I used Windows I never encountered this issue.

Relevant Screenshots:

Device Manager

System Information - Display (msinfo32)

Nvidia Installer Error

What I've tried:

• Attempt to install latest Nvidia drivers.
    • Attempt to install Nvidia drivers available from Asus' website
    • Attempt to install latest Nvidia drivers in safe mode.
    • Attempt to install latest Nvidia drivers after "bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedisable" (Source)
    • Attempt to install latest Nvidia drivers after installing (same/most recent available) BIOS.
    I've been getting the same error message, so the installation does not proceed any further. I can't think of anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arjunsinh Jadeja.

itsarjunsinh, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Nvidia graphics card not detected

I have an ASUS laptop with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card. The graphics card stopping working suddenly, and I attempted a multitude of things to try to make it work again. I downloaded new updates, but that didn't help as the nvidia driver was
    oddly incompatible. Anyways, the main issue now seems to be that Windows can't even detect the existence of the card. Before multiple restarts, it was hidden in Device Manager and I could see it when I clicked 'Show hidden items', which then said there was
    a Code 45 issue. Now it doesn't appear at all. Anyone know how to troubleshoot Windows/Nvidia graphics card issues?

LegendaryCitrus, Jun 29, 2020
  4. AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10

1. AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - AMD NVIDIA Graphics

2. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  3. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  4. NVIDIA graphics card not detecting HDMI on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA graphics card not detecting HDMI on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If your NVIDIA graphics card is not detecting HDMI monitors, here are some troubleshooting suggestions you can follow to fix the issue. Even if you have already through some basic steps to make it work again, you should follow all the below-mentioned solutions again....
  5. Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card: Last night, I reset my pc and reinstalled windows. When my pc finally finished resetting, it won't detect my GeForce RTX 2060. I tried to install Nvidia drivers but Nvidia keeps saying that the driver package is not compatible with my version of Windows. I already checked for...
  6. Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!

Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!: Hello Everybody, I'm using Asus vivobook x556uj Laptop which has 2 GPUs one for intel and the other one is nvidia 920m. I latterly found my laptop crashes a lot even without using a heavy programs so i started to figure the problem and suddenly found the problem that Nvidia...
  7. Windows 10 does not detect the graphic card AMD Radeon HD7650A

Windows 10 does not detect the graphic card AMD Radeon HD7650A: Since I installed Windows 10 in my Inspiration One 2330 the graphic card AMD Radeon HD7650A is not detected. For the last three months I have been reading about this issue and suggestions resolve it. Unfortunately, the problem persisted after I followed the suggestions posted...
  8. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: I have an ASUS laptop with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card. The graphics card stopping working suddenly, and I attempted a multitude of things to try to make it work again. I downloaded new updates, but that didn't help as the nvidia driver was oddly incompatible....
  9. Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card

Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card: Hi community! I need some help concerning my 2nd driver for my laptop. For some reason my laptop isn't detecting my NVIDIA GPU anymore. Earlier today I noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop, the NVIDIA control panel no longer shows up in the drop-down menu. I go...
  10. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...