Windows 10: AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update

Discus and support AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop with AMD A10-7300 with R6 graphics. The graphics "AMD Radeon R6 Graphics" is not working after the Windows 10 1903 update. The error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lewis_G, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Lewis_G Win User

AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update

I have a laptop with AMD A10-7300 with R6 graphics.

The graphics "AMD Radeon R6 Graphics" is not working after the Windows 10 1903 update.

The error message that I get is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

The device works perfectly well in Windows 10 1809 and all previous windows 10 builds.

It doesn't create any issues when I rolled back the Windows 10 1903 update to Windows 10 1809.

When I scan for hardware changes in Device manager or if I try to install AMD Display drivers, the display goes black except the cursor.

Also tired clean installing windows 10 1903 using the ISO files but the same issue persists.

:)

Lewis_G, Jul 13, 2019
  2. RickFA Win User

Windows 10 , Integrated Graphics AMD Radeon R6

I have a HP Pavilion Notebook with AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G

16 Gigs of RAM, Windows 10, and an integrated Video Card that is technically 2 video cards: An

AMD Radeon R8 M365DX (2 GB) and AMD Radeon R6 Graphics card (512MB).

My problem is I have gone through the Device manager and both cards have a "Device install requested" in their events with the information "Device PCI ... Reguires further installation" How can I fix this? Troubleshooting doesn't seem to detect anything.
    Somehow only the AMD Radeon R6 graphics card is working while the other one has been disabled or isn't noticed by the computer and I don't know how to re-enable it.

I wasn't even aware of the AMD Radeon R8 M365DX videocards existence until recently because I haven't been able to run any games all too well, but according to these specs I should.

An AMD Catalyst Control Center is available on my laptop and I have enabled "AMD Radeon Dual Graphics" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

RickFA, Jul 13, 2019
  3. How to switch my primary AMD graphics card

I bought a new laptop (HP Pavilion 15-ab111la Notebook) with 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, AMD A-10 CPU and Radeon R8 graphics card.
    I started to download and install games from my steam account and noticed most of them freeze every 2-10 seconds.

Checked my devices administrator, as well as AMD Radeon Graphics settings utiliy and it says I have a R6 primary graphics card and a R8 linked graphics card.

AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update ko778.jpg
    <br>
    (Click images to enlarge)

I tried configuring AMD Radeon Dual Graphics to use both of them on my games but it only seemed to end in an even worse performance.
    When configuring graphics or 3d accelerator on a game like Skyrim here:

AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update KoEgC.jpg

I can only choose the R6 card (500MB of dedicated memory) and never the R8 card (2GB of dedicated memory) so I can't run any game properly (Not even Age of Empires, for God's sake!!!)
    Is there a way to set my R8 card as primary and default graphic card instead of the R6? How can I take advantage of my AMD Radeon R8 graphics card?

Bricio Velazquez, Jul 13, 2019
  4. myboyjack Win User

Intermittant Display Problem with HP AIO / AMD Radeon R6 graphics under WIN 10 1607

On start up the display is grainy and the colors are not true. There is also a faint line down the middle of the display and a slight jitter visible on the screen. Sometimes the problem clears up on its own - sometimes it does not. The AMD/HP software
    is the AMD Catalyst Software Suite version 15.201.1301-150819a-188593c-HP which is the latest HP blessed release. The AMD Graphics chipset is the AMD Radeon(TM) R6 Graphics / BIOS version 015.048.000.061. The HP AIO is Model# 23-q152m, Product # N0X19AV#ABA.
    Help!!!

myboyjack, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update - Similar Threads - AMD Graphics Primary

2. Wide screen after updating AMD graphics card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wide screen after updating AMD graphics card.: The issue happen 2 days ago by the time this post is submitted, I was updating the graphics driver then the screen was turned black, and then I restarted it and suddenly everything on the screen is wide, if you're gonna tell me how did I know the answer is the text on my...
  3. Sound device not detected after AMD graphics update in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound device not detected after AMD graphics update in windows 10: Hi, I have a strange problem with my Realtek HD audio driver and the AMD graphics, so any help will be appreciated. I had a windows 10 working installation on a notebook, when I moved the drive to my desktop computer everything was working fine audio included using the...
  4. Win 10 2004 update No AMD graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 2004 update No AMD graphics: I'm also working on another Acer that I have upgraded today to Ver 2004. I now get a message that the driver isn't installed. I deleted the driver and booted with no difference. This is a machine that was originally Win 7 so it's doing pretty good for it's age. *Smile 161363
  5. Win 10 2004 update No AMD graphics

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 2004 update No AMD graphics: I'm also working on another Acer that I have upgraded today to Ver 2004. I now get a message that the driver isn't installed. I deleted the driver and booted with no difference. This is a machine that was originally Win 7 so it's doing pretty good for it's age. *Smile 161363
  6. AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10

AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10: Issue: I have an ASUS N551ZU notebook with switchable graphics, an AMD Radeon R7 integrated GPU and a Radeon R9 M280X discrete GPU. I have the latest version of Windows 10 as well as AMD software installed on my laptop. Unfortunately, for months I couldn't have my games run...
  7. AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated): Hello everyone I have this problem for about 2 years now, I am trying to switch from AMD Radeon (TM) 520 [Discrete/Switchable Graphics] because it is more powerful than my AMD Radeon R4 [Primary/Integrated Graphics] When I try go to Switchable graphics section in the AMD...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Update on AMD laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 Update on AMD laptop: Hello! I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on an ASUS TUF FX505DU laptop and when I tried to update it to the latest version, it said that the 1903 update is on its way and still not available for my laptop. What can I do? The update installed just fine on all my other...
  9. Primary Graphics Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update

Primary Graphics Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update: I have a laptop with AMD A10-7300 with R6 graphics. The graphics "AMD Radeon R6 Graphics" is not working after the Windows 10 1903 update. The error message that I get is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". The device works...
  10. Graphics card related issues after updating windows 10 to 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics card related issues after updating windows 10 to 1903 update: Hello, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903, and after this update, i have started to face some graphics card related issues with third party apps like MSI gaming app, and it's not just third party apps, but also Windows 10 Night light settings feature has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer a8-7410 memory controller bootloop in windows 10