Windows 10: AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue

Discus and support AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Was using my PC when it unexpectedly crashed. Restarting caused windows to attempt and automatic repair, which does not succeed. Booting into Safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GraemeSeaman, Mar 17, 2020.

1. AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue

Was using my PC when it unexpectedly crashed. Restarting caused windows to attempt and automatic repair, which does not succeed.

Booting into Safe Mode does work, and from there, if I reinstall AMD driver software Adrenaline 20.2.2 with factory reset, the computer the reboots into normal mode successfully. However, the display device listed in the device manager will be Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor, with the R9 270 nowhere in site.

Attempting to install Adrenaline 20.2.2 again results in a forced reboot resulting in the "Attempting automatic repair" and we're back to where we started.

Running on Windows 10 1909, which is a recent update - if that helps.

Attempted to use amdcleanuputility to ensure clean install - Didn't help

Attempted to roll back to an Windows 10 1907 - Didn't work

Would really appreciate any help in getting this fixed

:)

GraemeSeaman, Mar 17, 2020
  2. DirtyDan Win User

Waterblock for Gigabyte R9 270

I am currently building a watercooling loop for my PC because I am idling at 59-66 c on my gpu and cpu with fans maxed out. I found everything but a block for my gpu. A r9 270 is basically a 7870 and I found a 7870 waterblock from EK that listed an HIS r9 270 is compatable. Could it work with my card?

Compatibility list for EK-FC7870 - Nickel | CoolingConfigurator.com

BTW, I know this is impractical, but I prefer temperatures and silence over practicality.

DirtyDan, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    AMD drivers causing computer to black screen without a cursor

Hello krise1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the make and model of the PC?

Generally, this issue is caused by incompatible devices. It can also occur due to connection problem with your display, display adapter driver update or due to issues with recent updates or installations. Kindly follow the below
    suggestions and check if it helps.

Method 1: Boot into Safe Mode.

If you are unable to boot to the desktop due to black screen, I recommend you to get into safe mode through WinRE. Wherein, safe mode starts Windows in a basic state using limited set of files and drivers. For more information,
    you may refer the article on
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and refer to the suggestions provided under ‘From a black or blank screen’.

Method 2: Update the Graphics drivers.

If the latest edition of driver is causing the issue, you may revert to the previous edition and check if the issue persists. To do that,

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate to Display adapters in Device Manager and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    • Select Driver tab and hit on
      Roll Back Driver
      option.

Else, you can uninstall the latest drivers from the device manager and re-install the old drivers from

AMD Radeon R9 270 Drivers
    website.

Additional Information: You may also refer to the article on

Troubleshoot black screen errors
    for further information.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 17, 2020
  4. NussOkeh Win User

AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue

How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270?

Hey guys, I ended up ordering the DVI to VGA cable I listed before and it works great! Thanks for the help everyone.
    AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue [​IMG]

NussOkeh, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue

1. AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue - Similar Threads - AMD 270 failing

2. AMD R9 285 issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD R9 285 issue: I put a computer together recently and bought a used Radeon R9 285. It was working fine for the first few days but all of a sudden it stopped working. The PSU is brand new. It works if I uninstall the drivers but as soon as I do install the drivers I get a black screen right...
  3. AMD R9 285 issue

AMD R9 285 issue: I put a computer together recently and bought a used Radeon R9 285. It was working fine for the first few days but all of a sudden it stopped working. The PSU is brand new. It works if I uninstall the drivers but as soon as I do install the drivers I get a black screen right...
  4. AMD R9 M375 driver installation problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD R9 M375 driver installation problem: Hello everyone Recently, my laptop suddenly freezed during a gameplay, so i restarted, but the screen is black and the windows won't boot normally, so i booted the windows in safe mode, i found that the graphics driver causes the windows to freeze, so i disabled the...
  5. R9 270 vs GTX 1660

R9 270 vs GTX 1660: I'm trying to upgrade my video card around the $200 mark but I don't know much about them so would a GTX 1660 be a better card and does the brand mean anything?
  6. Waterblock for Gigabyte R9 270

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waterblock for Gigabyte R9 270: I am currently building a watercooling loop for my PC because I am idling at 59-66 c on my gpu and cpu with fans maxed out. I found everything but a block for my gpu. A r9 270 is basically a 7870 and I found a 7870 waterblock from EK that listed an HIS r9 270 is compatable....
  7. AMD Radeon R9 380X

AMD Radeon R9 380X: (For those thinking of getting an upgrade for 1080p gaming this Christmas... *Smile ) AMD Radeon R9 380X review feat. Sapphire: The best graphics card for 1080p gaming, priced to fight AMD's Radeon R9 380X fills a gaping hole in the world of graphics cards, and it's...
  8. Best AMD R9 280X Display Driver for W10?

Best AMD R9 280X Display Driver for W10?: Hey guys. What is the best known functioning Windows 10 display driver for the ASUS AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB graphics card? I tried to update to the latest available from the AMD drivers & support page and I keep constantly experiencing my display driver crashing. It just...
  9. How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270?

How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270?: So I have a r9 270 which only has 1 HDMI port. I was wondering if there's a way to have 2 HDMI monitors running on my 270 which only has 1 HDMI port. Would it be worth upgrading graphics cards for this reason? I'm in need for more space so utilize live streaming and editing...
  10. AMD Radeon R9 380 Windows 10 bulid 10162 Driver Issues

AMD Radeon R9 380 Windows 10 bulid 10162 Driver Issues: Hi i cant install amd drivers on windows 10 on my r9 380 card at all. hope amd relesese a driver to fix it When i have my 7970 card the win 10 driver works good then but windows update didnt want to update the driver on my R9 380 card at all. 7848

Users found this page by searching for:

1. r9 270 failure

2. r9 270 fix wont take dribers

3. nu vot