Windows 10: AMD R9 285 issue

Discus and support AMD R9 285 issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I put a computer together recently and bought a used Radeon R9 285. It was working fine for the first few days but all of a sudden it stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JLuchinski, Oct 27, 2021.

1. AMD R9 285 issue

I put a computer together recently and bought a used Radeon R9 285. It was working fine for the first few days but all of a sudden it stopped working. The PSU is brand new. It works if I uninstall the drivers but as soon as I do install the drivers I get a black screen right after post. Another weird thing that was happening was the CPU is an AMD A10 7800 APU, when I look at the device manager it says it's running off of the APU while to the GPU when it's clearly running off of the video...

Read more

JLuchinski, Oct 27, 2021
  2. badrobot Win User

AMD Radeon R9 380X

(For those thinking of getting an upgrade for 1080p gaming this Christmas... AMD R9 285 issue :) )

AMD Radeon R9 380X review feat. Sapphire: The best graphics card for 1080p gaming, priced to fight

AMD's Radeon R9 380X fills a gaping hole in the world of graphics cards, and it's competitively priced, too.

With the launch of the new Radeon R9 380X, AMD’s stepping up to fill a massive hole in the graphics card universe, between the “it’s solid for most games at 1080p” Radeon R9 380 / GeForce GTX 960 tier at roughly $200, and the “This rocks for 1440/high” R9 390 / GTX 970 at roughly $300.

More...

badrobot, Oct 27, 2021
  3. K0MB Win User
    AMD R9 M375 driver installation problem

Hello, my name is Marco and I am an Independent Advisor. I will do my best to help you.

Did you try the previous driver?

You can download it here:
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

4. dani.j Win User

AMD R9 285 issue

AMD Radeon R9 M265X. Software issue. Windows 10

I've finally found a solution!

For people encountering the same issue, here's what I've did:

- Removed Windows.old folder using Disk Cleanup

- Used DDU to remove all the software related to my AMD graphics card

- Downloaded the latest version from AMD website.

So, that's what I have now:

Driver's name and version as shown in Device Manager: AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series 16.200.1025.0

Radeon Software version: 16.6.1

Everything is working fine now.

dani.j, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

AMD R9 285 issue

1. AMD R9 285 issue - Similar Threads - AMD 285 issue

2. AMD R9 285 issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD R9 285 issue: I put a computer together recently and bought a used Radeon R9 285. It was working fine for the first few days but all of a sudden it stopped working. The PSU is brand new. It works if I uninstall the drivers but as soon as I do install the drivers I get a black screen right...
  3. AMD R9 390X Display Issues with Ultrawide Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AMD R9 390X Display Issues with Ultrawide Monitor: Hi everyone, Just bought the Lenovo Legion Legion Y44w-10 + Ultrawide Monitor, and hooked it up to my PC. Windows for some reason think my recommended display setting is 3840 x 2160 (recommended). But the resolution should be 3840 x 1200. When I select that resolution, the...
  4. AMD R9 M375 driver installation problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD R9 M375 driver installation problem: Hello everyone Recently, my laptop suddenly freezed during a gameplay, so i restarted, but the screen is black and the windows won't boot normally, so i booted the windows in safe mode, i found that the graphics driver causes the windows to freeze, so i disabled the...
  5. AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue: Was using my PC when it unexpectedly crashed. Restarting caused windows to attempt and automatic repair, which does not succeed. Booting into Safe Mode does work, and from there, if I reinstall AMD driver software Adrenaline 20.2.2 with factory reset, the computer the...
  6. Just replaced AMD 6870 with AMD R9 390 getting constant BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just replaced AMD 6870 with AMD R9 390 getting constant BSODs: When I start some games, I get BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and have to manually restart. Usually happens within 2 minutes of starting the game, often sooner. I've got all the recent drivers, Windows 10 home, X58 Pro-E (MS-7522) motherboard, AMD R9 390. It has freezing...
  7. AMD Radeon R9 380X

AMD Radeon R9 380X: (For those thinking of getting an upgrade for 1080p gaming this Christmas... *Smile ) AMD Radeon R9 380X review feat. Sapphire: The best graphics card for 1080p gaming, priced to fight AMD's Radeon R9 380X fills a gaping hole in the world of graphics cards, and it's...
  8. Best AMD R9 280X Display Driver for W10?

Best AMD R9 280X Display Driver for W10?: Hey guys. What is the best known functioning Windows 10 display driver for the ASUS AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB graphics card? I tried to update to the latest available from the AMD drivers & support page and I keep constantly experiencing my display driver crashing. It just...
  9. AMD Radeon R9 380 Windows 10 bulid 10162 Driver Issues

AMD Radeon R9 380 Windows 10 bulid 10162 Driver Issues: Hi i cant install amd drivers on windows 10 on my r9 380 card at all. hope amd relesese a driver to fix it When i have my 7970 card the win 10 driver works good then but windows update didnt want to update the driver on my R9 380 card at all. 7848
  10. Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro

Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro: A couple of hours ago I installed a new driver they told me about. I decided to play FC2 and was going along when 'black screen' and sound locked. So I had to crash pc out of it, task manager said it wasn't there. I rebooted and some text came up - starting 'watch dog' and...