Windows 10: AMD Radeon checkerboard crash; possible memory error?

Discus and support AMD Radeon checkerboard crash; possible memory error? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I've recently been having this problem where my desktop graphics would randomly crash after watching videos or playing games. I would usually see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnnyequinox, Aug 30, 2021.

1. AMD Radeon checkerboard crash; possible memory error?

Hello,I've recently been having this problem where my desktop graphics would randomly crash after watching videos or playing games. I would usually see a checkerboard going across the screen before the screen would shut off after at least 20 seconds. Sometimes it will:A. Restart the PC with a few components brokenB. Stay on a black screen where I would hard restart itC. Give me a BSODWhen C popped up, it showed this code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT; I also received this minidump shown here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Aiq2ZmwgJ3KM75Z4pN80b202cdpoNspn?usp=sharingThis is not my first tim

:)

johnnyequinox, Aug 30, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

AMD Radeon Settings update CRASHES

Hi,

It is possible your AMD Radeon Settings crashes after update due to compatibility issue. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you get any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Does this happen only when you watch videos?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 30, 2021
  3. AMD RADEON Graphis

After following these steps
    • Press Windows key + R.
    • Type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter.
    • Click on View Tab, Select Show hidden devices.
    • Click on Scan for Hardware changes.
    • Check if any unknown devices show up and expand the Display Adapters listed in the device list.
    • If the Display device is listed, right click on it >click Properties.
    • In General tab, under device status check for the message. Post back if there is any error message.
    i found AMD RADEON R7 M265 in display adapters but when i was search AMD in windows ,i was not found further when i click right button of touch pad for refresh also not found AMD Graphics catalyst.also i not found any AMD driver in control pannel installed
    programm list...why?

KANCHAN PRASAD, Aug 30, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

AMD Radeon checkerboard crash; possible memory error?

Windows 10 crashing during Installation of AMD Radeon Drivers Installation and is also not in Task Manager

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that the PC crash when trying to install AMD drivers. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “every attempt of reinstalling it causes the PC to crash”, do you receive a Blue Screen error?
    • What is the error message that you get?

I would suggest you to try downloading the AMD Auto-Detect software, which will automatically detect the graphics card and install the drivers. To download AMD Auto-Detect, visit the website
    https://www.amd.com/en/support and click on Download Now for Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows.

You can also try installing an older version of drivers from
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Tenforo, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

AMD Radeon checkerboard crash; possible memory error?

1. AMD Radeon checkerboard crash; possible memory error? - Similar Threads - AMD Radeon checkerboard

2. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon Graphics Crash: my friend has an intel laptop from dell with radeon r7 m440 g card but all of a sudden his card has stopped working, whenever open a game his gpu times out / crash its utilizations goes the 0-1% to straight 100% then 0% again and then stays zero. we tried so many things like...
  3. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd Radeon Graphics Crash: my friend has an intel laptop from dell with radeon r7 m440 g card but all of a sudden his card has stopped working, whenever open a game his gpu times out / crash its utilizations goes the 0-1% to straight 100% then 0% again and then stays zero. we tried so many things like...
  4. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon: AMD Radeon software is not opening in my laptop. Error says driver version do not match. AMD the thing is there is not any Driver Version string and strings. I have attached a picture with it. you can better understand with it. Please any one give me a solution....
  6. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon: Hi Folks, I got this:- - [img] - When I used Device Manager to get updated driver I got:- - [img] Can you please advise? 164406
  7. AMD Radeon error message

AMD Radeon error message: how do I fix AMD Radeon error message 'windows cannot find 'Bin64\installmanagerAPP.exe' when trying to update drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-error-message/61fc27d3-d42f-4d88-b1f0-8be19c69c860
  8. AMD Radeon

AMD Radeon: Why do I have this on my computer? I don't play games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon/6b7296b3-6ea9-4f13-9a55-8e2384167250
  9. AMD radeon crash help please

AMD radeon crash help please: Basically when I play certain games the screen randomly turns to a random color and audio stops, I have to turn my pc off and on to do anything. When I get on I get this error message that says some like "AMD radeon settings have been reset to default due to unexpected system...
  10. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon: I have given up on my Nvidia card GeForce GTX 750ti as too much of a nearly bad thing. I am naow awaiting delivery of my Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI 1.4, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port 1.2, 256-Bit). According to the...