Windows 10: AMD Radeon HD 3450

Discus and support AMD Radeon HD 3450 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I recently purchased a refurbished PC, which is: Dell Optiplex 980 x64 based. It has the following basic specs: CPU: i5 650, 3.20GHz (Dual-Core)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZingClassy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. AMD Radeon HD 3450

So I recently purchased a refurbished PC, which is: Dell Optiplex 980 x64 based. It has the following basic specs:
    CPU: i5 650, 3.20GHz (Dual-Core)
    RAM: 8GB
    Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 3450

When I tried to run a few games like osu!, Minecraft, and CS: GO, I received an error message in all of these games. And they all basically mean that my PC doesn't have enough graphics drivers to run these programs. When I checked my device information, I found out that my Graphics card is recognized, but no drivers are installed. The inf file my card uses is "oem4.inf (ati2mtag_Legacy section)."

I tried to install the ATI Catalysts, but that didn't help. It resulted in "OK" messages. I did try literally all versions for my driver. Another fix I tried to do was roll back driver, which apparently worked for a few people, even for people who have the same problem with the same driver. But in my case, the rollback driver option is greyed out (meaning I cannot do that). Since no PC can run without a graphics driver, my graphics are currently run through Microsoft Basic Display Adapter which is the most basic thing you can expect in a computer. The status of the driver is "Not Available/No updates required."

I read a post similar but with an NVidia driver which can be found here. I am not completely sure if this can work. I think downgrading my Windows to Windows 7 might be a solution as the official website only has the catalysts for Windows Vista/7/8.1, but I do not want to do that because Microsoft is soon going to stop support for Windows 7 (and everyone can agree that Windows 8.1 is Windows 10 but worse). So downgrading my OS is not an option yet.

I am also not sure if my PC has integrated graphics, and if switching to integrated might help or not. I could have tried that right when I got that but the website I bought it through enabled a BIOS password, and Dell PCs do not have easy backdoor passwords. I will be honest here, I am a newbie and lazy so I do not bother to reset my BIOS password. Has anyone had a similar problem, not necessarily with this exact Graphic card or ATI cards at all? If yes did you fix it? Buying a new graphics card is not in my budget at the moment, but apparently, that is the only option I have. Unless there's a solution. In case I didn't provide enough system information please reply here and I will disclose it if it's okay to share that.

:)

ZingClassy, Dec 7, 2018
  2. NMUK Win User

AMD ATI Radeon HD 3450

Hi,

After many users reporting the same issue after AMD Windows 10 Nov 2017 update where rolling back driver was not working we found the steps to resolve this for all of them at AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Extracted steps from this article and post by psylocyble/jcorallo:

• Device Manager
    • Display Adapters and right click on your installed adapter
    • Choose Update Driver
    • "Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    • In the list choose an older driver and click Next

In our case it was the 2015 driver which resolved the issue for most users.

Microsoft or ATI/AMD have made an major mistake in releasing these updates as we have received many calls in the last 3 working days from clients, for some reason is using Microsoft generic drivers instead after the update.

Hope this helps you and others.

NMUK, Dec 7, 2018
  3. sanworker Win User
    AMD ATI Radeon HD 3450

On Thanksgiving day my Dell XPS 420 that is on 24/7 has an enlarged background display with icons rearranged and distorted. I check display and personalized settings and they are in order. I check system and see that my ati radeon hd 3450 card is showing
    a install on 11/22/2017 the day before when my computer although built in 2009 was functioning with no problems at all. I looked into rolling back but was met with a notice that it was not possible. I see the original install and driver entries, is there
    any way to get back to them.

Is there any solutions to my corrupted enlarged display?

sanworker, Dec 7, 2018
  4. AMD Radeon HD 3450

Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

AMD Radeon HD 3450

1. AMD Radeon HD 3450 - Similar Threads - AMD Radeon 3450

2. AMD Radeon HD 8500M Crashes When Enabled.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon HD 8500M Crashes When Enabled.: Hi, I have a Lenovo G50-70 Which is updated to Windows 10. However whenever Radeon HD is updated, it freezes and then shows a BSOD usually driver timout and kernel. I update my drivers from windows update and am not using any amd software. Here are my PC Specs:Processor:...
  3. AMD Radeon HD 6620G updat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G updat: How do I update AMD Radeon HD 6620G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-hd-6620g-updat/5121767e-b05b-4dc5-8a68-8f8ce430b31d
  4. AMD RADEON HD 7670 M IS NOT DETECTED

AMD RADEON HD 7670 M IS NOT DETECTED: HELLO, I HAVE DELL INSPIRON 15 3521 INTEL[R] CORE i3 3227U WITH INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4000 AND AMD RADEON HD 7670 M BUT NOW ONLY INTEL IS WORKING AMD IS NOT. I HAVE TRIED RESETTING MY PC AND REINSTALLED FRESH WINDOWS BUT AMD IS STILL NOT FOUND WHEN I RUN RADEON SOFTWARE IT POPS...
  5. Graphic Drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450

Graphic Drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450: I have been trying to play Minecraft and Overwatch however experience reoccurring issues with my graphics. I tend to get a large red "x" claiming that I have an issue with my graphics card. I went to check if it could be updated, only for it to claim it's already up-to-date....
  6. AMD Radeon HD 7400M driver not founded

in Windows 10 Customization
    AMD Radeon HD 7400M driver not founded: [ATTACH]I can't find a driver forAMD Radeon HD 7400M if there is a solution plz tell me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-hd-7400m-driver-not-founded/374a768e-af80-42a8-b303-91ab6e3b13d7
  7. after 1703 upgrade, ATI Radeon HD 3450 does not recognise two monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    after 1703 upgrade, ATI Radeon HD 3450 does not recognise two monitors: I was using two monitors under Windows 10 for more than a year, with ATI Radeon HD 3450 in a Dell Optiplex 580 box. But on 29-Sep-2017, my system got upgraded to version 1703 of Windows 10. After than time, the system does not automatically recognise two monitors. After every...
  8. HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200

HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200: Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv4 with AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphic controller. When I installed Win 10, I was able to use the HDMI port to watch movies in my TV. Some time ago, the HDMI output didn't work anymore. I guess some Win 10 update broke the driver or...
  9. AMD RADEON HD 7730M not compatible with windows 10

AMD RADEON HD 7730M not compatible with windows 10: I am running a Windows 8.1 laptop which has recently had the 'Get Windows 10' icon pop up. Clicking on 'Check your PC' within 'Get Windows 10' it says that I will experience problems with my display. Is there anything I can do so that I don't have any problems? I've...
  10. AMD Radeon HD 6700 Disconnects - Any Ideas?

AMD Radeon HD 6700 Disconnects - Any Ideas?: OS Name MicrosoftWindows 10 Home Version 1O.8.14393Build 14393 System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model XPS8300 System Type x64-basedPC Processor Intel(R)Core(TM) 17-2600 CPU el 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz,4 Core(s), 8 Logical Pro Installed.Physical Memory RAM 8.00GB Total...