Windows 10: AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen

Discus and support AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a Dell Inspiron 17r 5737 with an AMD Radeon HD 8870 and Windows 10 Home x64. For the first look about half years ago i realized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BalazsBenyei, Jul 29, 2018.

1. AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen

Greetings,

I have a Dell Inspiron 17r 5737 with an AMD Radeon HD 8870 and Windows 10 Home x64.

For the first look about half years ago i realized that my VGA isn't work, just only the integrated Intel HD Graphics Family card. If i wanted to install the newest (or the oldest from the Dell Support Site) driver its my Notebook is freezing. I needed to hold to Powerbutton to reboot. After the boot, the System stops at a black screen before the Log in screen.

The Device Manager didn't sort the AMD between the Videocards. My VGA is at the Other Devices. At the Device Status stand: No drivers are installed to the Device. If i want to search on the Internet or at a Local place my PC freezing also. If i want to delete it, also freezing in a half minute.

I hade tried a lots of things, checked the whole Internet and can't find any solution. Please give me an Update what should i do to get back my AMD Card. I don't want to buy a new Laptop.

Thanks and Regards,

B.

:)

BalazsBenyei, Jul 29, 2018
  2. domzorg0 Win User

Windows 10 freeze randomly (black screen), AMD R9 290X driver

I've installed build 10547.

After the installation, login screen, enter, installation finishes and few seconds after when I've clicked on the start menu, the left screen becames black, the cursor was moving for 2 secs and then the computer freeze.

I can see the cursor since I have two screens. The left screen is plugged to the AMD R9 290X and the right one to the Intel HD Graphics 4600. When the left screen goes black and the computer will freeze, I can see the cursor moving on the right one.

Then, I reboot. Run msconfig, start in Safe mode.

Uninstall the AMD Radeon R9 200 Series driver version 15.200.1062.1004.

Restart, go back to the device manager and check that no AMD driver is loaded. Fine.

I've decided to update all drivers for the BIOS and the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 motherboard.

During the time I've not AMD driver loaded, no problem. I've used Microsoft Edge to search, download files, ...

and no black screen. Approximately during two hours.

Then I've decided to re-install the AMD driver.

I've downloaded the AMD drivers using the AutoDetect utility.

The version 15.7.1 was the correct version assuming the utility.

I've launched the installer, just wait it uncompress all files and do not launch the catalyst installer.

Go back to the device manager and click the update driver. Manual selection and select the folder where the drivers have been uncompressed.

The installation runs properly, check the driver version in Device manager.

Restart.

At the first logon, once in, simply click the start menu, it freezes.

Hard reset, since nothing to do. No power off button, ctrl+alt+del, ....

Retry, once logged-in, wait for one or two minutes.

Starts Microsoft Edge, go to youtube and check if it freezes during video playback. Play videos full-screen, back, full-screen... No problem.

Then click again on the start menu on the left screen, black screen - freeze again.

As I said before, In Startup and Recovery options, I've set :

- Write an event to the system log

- Automatically restart

- Kernel memory dump

- Change the location of the dump file to the second disk (not the one hosting the OS)

- Disable automatic deletetion .....

When it freezes, no dump. Why ?

Drivers are in kernel, then why no dump files are generated.

For now, the only choice I have is to disable the driver to be able to work and not rebooting every seconds.

What can I do to identify the problem ?

Have a nice day,

D.

domzorg0, Jul 29, 2018
  3. AMD Radeon HD 3300 "device requires further installation"

I have a PC with an Asus M4A78T-E AMD compatible motherboard, which has integrated AMD Radeon HD 3300 graphics. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 1607, and now I have a wake from sleep problem .... namely that when I wake from sleep, the monitor does
    not turn on (black screen).

The AMD website says the Windows 10 driver for HD 3300 is to be obtained thru Microsoft Update, and in fact the driver installed automatically during the 7 -> 10 upgrade. But I looked at Device Manager for the HD 3300 graphics, and I see a message:

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9614&SUBSYS_834D1043&REV_00\4&456635&0&2808 requires further installation.

which I suspect could be the problem. I tried updating the HD 3300 driver thru the Device Manager, and the response is that I already have the best driver installed. I tried uninstalling the HD 3300 device, so that it falls back to generic low resolution
    graphics, and then rebooting, several times, and I still get the message above and the monitor black screen upon wake.

Ideas to diagnose and/or resolve appreciated. Thanks, Gus

RodolfoLaCuadrillaMaestro, Jul 29, 2018
  4. zplugger Win User

AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen

1. AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen - Similar Threads - AMD Radeon 8870

2. I think that AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think that AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series does not work.: Hello! My name is Razvan and I have a problem with the AMD Radeon 7600M Series video card. This problem is in my laptop which is about 12 years old. The problem appeared at the beginning of the summer, making the blue screen when I wanted to open a video game. I somehow...
  3. I think that AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think that AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series does not work.: Hello! My name is Razvan and I have a problem with the AMD Radeon 7600M Series video card. This problem is in my laptop which is about 12 years old. The problem appeared at the beginning of the summer, making the blue screen when I wanted to open a video game. I somehow...
  4. Black screen after AMD driver install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after AMD driver install.: I recently did a clean Windows install on my old machine. I literally installed only Battlefield 4, Eset and Chrome. I noticed that Windows update also automatically installed AMD Radeon Drivers. After a few days i started seeing some glitches while playing BF4. One day the...
  5. Driver Update Issue - AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Update Issue - AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series: Greetings Guys, Myself Anish, I am facing an issue while updating my Display Adaptors - AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series. OS System reboots with a Blue Screen of Death. It works well when i disable It. Can Anyone help me to rid off from this Annoying Process. Regards,...
  6. AMD Radeon HD 5770 and Windows 10 Pro Black Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon HD 5770 and Windows 10 Pro Black Screen: Hi, I have AMD Radeon HD 5770 (GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD) Until 30th June 2020 I was using Microsoft Driver for AMD Radeon HD 5700, after that day I have Black Screen problem. All the drivers from Catalyst, Crimson, Adrenaline, IObit Driver Booster and actual Microsoft driver...
  7. Black screen after amd catalyst install

Black screen after amd catalyst install: Hello. Today I installed windows 10 and after that I started to install drivers. I could install Intel graphics but after I installed amd radeon 5000 series driver and restarted, I got a black screen before sign in screen. I restored using a restore point but again after...
  8. AMD Radeon HD 3450

AMD Radeon HD 3450: So I recently purchased a refurbished PC, which is: Dell Optiplex 980 x64 based. It has the following basic specs: CPU: i5 650, 3.20GHz (Dual-Core) RAM: 8GB Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 3450 When I tried to run a few games like...
  9. AMD HD 7400m black screen after install

AMD HD 7400m black screen after install: Hello! I have come here out of desperation. So i took out my old laptop HP Probook, 4431s, Base Model, i5 2450m, 8gb ram, intel hd 3000 & amd radeon hd 7400m. I upadated to windows 10 from 7, was working fine until my laptop updated windows 10, then all the issues started....
  10. AMD Radeon HD 5000 series update - Jan 31 2015

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    AMD Radeon HD 5000 series update - Jan 31 2015: It's good to know that the guys from Advanced Micro Devices are working diligently to keep the video card of my choice to up to date. That's why a multi-monitor setup on Windows 10 is a breeze for me. I know this belongs to a bottom-of-the-line card, but I am just happy it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows freeze after amd radeon install

2. dell inspiron 5737 amd driver freezing solve

3. dell inspiron 17r 5737 freez amd install driver