Windows 10: AMD Radeon r4 display driver causing micro-stuttering and mouse lag in Dell Inspiron 3541

Discus and support AMD Radeon r4 display driver causing micro-stuttering and mouse lag in Dell Inspiron 3541 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since the last Windows update (Novembe 2019), my computer has been experiencing micro-stuttering. This is primarily visual (not in audio). It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kss214, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:47 AM.

1. kss214 Win User

AMD Radeon r4 display driver causing micro-stuttering and mouse lag in Dell Inspiron 3541

Ever since the last Windows update (Novembe 2019), my computer has been experiencing micro-stuttering. This is primarily visual (not in audio). It makes typing, scrolling, and especially watching any kind of video or game-playing frustrating.

I discovered it was the AMD Radeon display driver, as every time I uninstall the device, the lag immediately disappears. I have tried reinstalling the driver through the AMD website. I have used a DDU as well before reinstalling it. I did a trial run of linux to ensure that I wasn't having a hardware problem.

This is basically making my computer unusable.

Any suggestions?

:)

2. LeLam1 Win User

Windows 10 stutters every 2 seconds

Every 2 seconds, especially when the mouse is moving, my computer skips frames on a two second interval.

Machine: Dell Inspiron 3541

Operation System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Memory: 8 GB

Motherboard: Dell Inspiron 3541

Video Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics

3. John Sarc Win User
    Mouse and Touchpad lag caused by AMD Radeon R4 Graphics Driver 22.19.677.257

Hi,

This has something to do with a compatibility issue. Having said that you have updated AMD Radeon R4 graphics driver, you can consider updating the driver of the mouse and touchpad. Most of the time, updating driver like that for graphics would conflict/compatibility
    with the other so the other would need to be updated as well.

Let us know what happens after updating drivers

4. AMD Radeon r4 display driver causing micro-stuttering and mouse lag in Dell Inspiron 3541

Mouse and Touchpad lag caused by AMD Radeon R4 Graphics Driver 22.19.677.257

My mouse and touchpad pointer lag after the above mentioned driver update. If I simply move the pointer back and forth quickly, it will stop after a few movements and then start again in a second or so. Disabling the AMD Radeon device, in Device Manager,
    allows the pointers to work correctly. Not sure how to fix it yet. Does anyone know what to do about this?

VirginiaZane, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:17 PM
Thema:

AMD Radeon r4 display driver causing micro-stuttering and mouse lag in Dell Inspiron 3541

1. AMD Radeon r4 display driver causing micro-stuttering and mouse lag in Dell Inspiron 3541 - Similar Threads - AMD Radeon display

2. AMD Radeon HD 7670M (Dell Inspiron 15R 5520)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Radeon HD 7670M (Dell Inspiron 15R 5520): Recently i had problems with windows. So i reinstalled windows 10. Then i downloaded official graphic driver from amd website. When installing the graphic driver the system stuck for some 10 minutes and blue screen errors start coming. Each time i boot blue screen( video tdr...
  3. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon: Why do I have this on my computer? I don't play games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon/6b7296b3-6ea9-4f13-9a55-8e2384167250
  4. AMD Radeon drivers

AMD Radeon drivers: Why do AMD graphics card drivers need Windows to be fully updated unlike NVIDIA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-drivers/9f190e98-7db9-4a9e-96f1-e1ae719c3731
  5. AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Display Driver: Hello Lovely Community, I faced a problem today, I saw a new update in the Settings it was an update about AMD Driver, I accepted the update, the update didn't go well, and the pc got hanged, so I had to restart the pc, when I logged in the desktop, my AMD display...
  6. Mouse stuttering/Lag?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stuttering/Lag?: So i have been having this issue for a while and have gotten pretty annoyed at what's happening. Whenever i play a game, regardless of what it is even league of legends my mouse is skipping across the screen when i move it. Sometimes the mouse is fine and even when i leave...
  7. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon: I have given up on my Nvidia card GeForce GTX 750ti as too much of a nearly bad thing. I am naow awaiting delivery of my Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI 1.4, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port 1.2, 256-Bit). According to the...
  8. Dell Inspiron M5030 Display Issue

Dell Inspiron M5030 Display Issue: I was brought my Uncle's Dell Inspiron M5030 laptop. He had brought it to someone who said that his issue was the lcd panel, and they quoted him like 300$ to replace it. He laughed and brought it to me. I got the lcd replacement off of amazon for 45$. The issue is that it...
  9. Occasional micro-stuttering / lag-spikes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Occasional micro-stuttering / lag-spikes: Good day, I have recently discovered that my laptop (running Windows 10 now) is suffering from a form of millisecond-stuttering or lag spikes (whatever floats your boat to call it) I have done quite some research on it already, so you don't have to do it. *Smile So, the...
  10. Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag: Hi All, Just wondering if anyone else has seen these type of issues. I did an in-place upgrade on my brand new m3800 laptop and am getting graphics stuttering and lag. I also have noticed that if I open the nvidia control panel, the 3D preview window is completely grey and...