Windows 10: AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver BSOD crashes Windows 10 - Solved?

Discus and support AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver BSOD crashes Windows 10 - Solved? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The thread I initiated on this issue ('Continuing BSOD crashes with Windows 10 and AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver' - created April 10 2018)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blennerhasset, May 30, 2019.

1. AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver BSOD crashes Windows 10 - Solved?

The thread I initiated on this issue ('Continuing BSOD crashes with Windows 10 and AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver' - created April 10 2018) has been locked so I cannot report what looks like a solution. Nor will those who have a tag on that thread receive this update.

I won't repeat the many methods I and others tried to fix the problem and were unsuccessful. Look in that old thread if interested.

It looks like having an in-depth clean out of all AMD drivers (possibly combined with subsequent installation of Windows 10 1903 - build 18362.116) is the fix. Note that uninstalling the AMD drivers with Control Panel uninistall before installing new drivers had been tried unsuccessfully before.

AMD recommend using the DDU application to do a full clear out of old AMD drivers (search on 'AMD DDU' to find a full explanation on the AMD web site). I ran this app in Windows Safe Mode (as recommended) then downloaded and installed AMD's latest package of graphics drivers for Windows 10.

Installing the new drivers had worked before but Windows Update had subsequently overwritten them with the old, crashing driver on several occasions. However, I now installed the 1903 release of Windows 10, which had just appeared, and that caused no problem.

I ran Update successfully afterwards and also picked up the latest Cumulative Release (18362.145) today, also without problems. Device Manager shows the newest AMD driver is still in place (version 26.20.11015.5009 dated 22 May) and I have had no crashes since.

This may be the solution to the long-running issue. Does it help others? Mention this to someone you know who has this problem?

:)

Blennerhasset, May 30, 2019

2. Continuing BSOD crashes with Windows 10 and AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver

You may have seen my previous posts on this issue: it began for me with the 1709 release of Windows 10. Getting BSOD crashes because of 'Thread Stuck In Device Driver' with the driver for the Radeon R7 M265 adapter.

I have kept the adapter disabled to allow Windows update to accumulate and hopefully resolve the problem. I am now at Windows 10 1709 334.

I installed AMD's latest driver from their support web site yesterday (dated 22 March 2018 version 23.30.15033.5003) and this ran OK. Note that I had deinstalled and deleted all previous AMD drivers before performing that installation.

However, this morning's Window Update overwrote that driver with the same one that has been the source of the BSOD crashes in the past (dated 22 June 2015 version 15.200.1045.0). Consequently, I had a BSOD crash again. I've had to disable the AMD adapter
    again.

If I perform an 'Update Driver' in Device Manager that old driver is the one picked up if I use the 'Search Automatically...' option: it prefers that to the new AMD one when I have had that running.

That is puzzling as is also Windows Update preference. The latest driver I see listed in Windows Catalog for the Radeon R7 M265 is dated 24 April 2017 version 22.19.162.4. (I have to assume that is superior to the June 2015 one.) Why isn't Windows Update
    providing at least that April 2017 driver?

I have downloaded Microsoft's tool for selecting a driver to leave alone during update but it does not list the Radeon driver so I can't freeze it. Obviously, I do not want to go so far as to freeze all driver or other updates.

Is anyone else still experiencing such an issue? Is anyone aware of a fix?

3. Continuing BSOD crashes with Windows 10 and AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver

The issue is, if anything, worse with 1803 (couldn't even install).

Windows Update today attempted installation of 1803 on my machine. I had disabled the display adapter prior to that.

There were 2 BSOD crashes back-to-back during the latter part of the install process. Prior to that, I was concerned when there were two blank screen events when installation was ongoing (suggested display adapter issue).

Error message is the same 'Thread stuck in device driver'. Windows Update shows the 1803 update didn't install and the error code is 0xc1900101.

I can only assume the issue is with Windows attempting to install the same broken driver for the AMD Radeon R7 M265 display adapter.

After second BSOD Windows restored my previous version and this is running (as can be seen...). The display adapter is still shown disabled and with the updated AMD driver I'd sourced directly from them.

It seems clear I will lose my machine again every time Windows Update attempts to go ahead.

Follow up on Tuesday 2 May:

I managed to install 1803 late Monday by uninstalling the adapter device AND its driver from Device Manager. It automatically picked up the 22 March 2018 driver after a few moments. The 1803 install went ahead and this time to conclusion. When I tried Update
    Driver the newer driver was recognised as the latest and, unlike before, did not go to the 22 June 2015 driver again.

Infuriatingly and frustratingly, this morning's Windows Update has reinstalled the failing 22 June 2015 driver for the M265 adapter. Luckily I spotted it was happening and disabled the adapter immediately after the install and reverted to the 22 March 2018
    one. I am leaving the adapter disabled.

I will not descend into abuse as many people do under similar circumstances, but I have no doubt you can imagine my feelings. 'Disbelief' doesn't begin to describe it.

4. AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver BSOD crashes Windows 10 - Solved?

AMD RADEON Graphis

After following these steps
    • Press Windows key + R.
    • Type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter.
    • Click on View Tab, Select Show hidden devices.
    • Click on Scan for Hardware changes.
    • Check if any unknown devices show up and expand the Display Adapters listed in the device list.
    • If the Display device is listed, right click on it >click Properties.
    • In General tab, under device status check for the message. Post back if there is any error message.
    i found AMD RADEON R7 M265 in display adapters but when i was search AMD in windows ,i was not found further when i click right button of touch pad for refresh also not found AMD Graphics catalyst.also i not found any AMD driver in control pannel installed
    programm list...why?

KANCHAN PRASAD, May 30, 2019
Thema:

AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver BSOD crashes Windows 10 - Solved?

1. AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver BSOD crashes Windows 10 - Solved? - Similar Threads - AMD Radeon M265

2. Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver: I have a pretty old HP laptop with intel core i5 2nd gen. It has AMD Radeon 6470M as dedicated graphics card and intel hd 3000 as integrated graphics. I fresh-installed windows 7 sp1 with which the laptop originally came and then installed intel graphics driver. It was all...
  3. Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes on installing AMD Radeon 6470M graphics driver: I have a pretty old HP laptop with intel core i5 2nd gen. It has AMD Radeon 6470M as dedicated graphics card and intel hd 3000 as integrated graphics. I fresh-installed windows 7 sp1 with which the laptop originally came and then installed intel graphics driver. It was all...
  4. Continuous black screen with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous black screen with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513: Hello, I have a problem with my AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513. Indeed, once the update is done and after restarting the pc, the screen remains black from the login screen and I no longer have an image, even after logging in. So I'm forced to enter safe...
  5. Continuous black screen with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513

Continuous black screen with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513: Hello, I have a problem with my AMD Radeon R7 Graphics driver version 22.19.180.513. Indeed, once the update is done and after restarting the pc, the screen remains black from the login screen and I no longer have an image, even after logging in. So I'm forced to enter safe...
  6. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon Graphics Crash: my friend has an intel laptop from dell with radeon r7 m440 g card but all of a sudden his card has stopped working, whenever open a game his gpu times out / crash its utilizations goes the 0-1% to straight 100% then 0% again and then stays zero. we tried so many things like...
  7. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

Amd Radeon Graphics Crash: my friend has an intel laptop from dell with radeon r7 m440 g card but all of a sudden his card has stopped working, whenever open a game his gpu times out / crash its utilizations goes the 0-1% to straight 100% then 0% again and then stays zero. we tried so many things like...
  8. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Amd A-10 7870k r7 graphics drivers crashing and seem to be missing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Amd A-10 7870k r7 graphics drivers crashing and seem to be missing: Hello im having a problem with my display drivers for my a-10 7870k with built in r7 graphics. I downloaded the latest drivers from amds website and sometimes my computer crashes and I boot back up but my resolution reverts to a lower one and my computer tells me I am missing...
  10. Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10: Latest AMD Radeon Video Driver Released [img] Information Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Optional Release Date: March 26, 2018 Driver Version: 17.50.33.05 (Windows Driver Store Version 23.20.15033.5003) AMD CCC WHQL Video Driver Download Link Release...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon r7 m265 freezes

2. windows 10 1909 amd radeon r7 m 265 driver download