Windows 10: AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10

Discus and support AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Issue: I have an ASUS N551ZU notebook with switchable graphics, an AMD Radeon R7 integrated GPU and a Radeon R9 M280X discrete GPU. I have the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ariarostami, May 2, 2020.

1. AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10

Issue:
    I have an ASUS N551ZU notebook with switchable graphics, an AMD Radeon R7 integrated GPU and a Radeon R9 M280X discrete GPU. I have the latest version of Windows 10 as well as AMD software installed on my laptop. Unfortunately, for months I couldn't have my games run on the discrete high-performance R9 graphics, even though I have set the power option to High performance. Clean installation of drivers and Windows, updating BIOS, and installing older versions of drivers have not resolved my problem. I've also sent an email to ASUS, and they responded the problem is not of their making. Please help, it's really annoying.

Some system specs:
    ASUS N551ZU
    System: Notebook
    CPU: AMD FX-7600P 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
    GPUs: AMD Radeon R7 graphics Integrated DDR3 + AMD Radeon R9 M280X Discrete GDDR5
    Driver version: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2
    Display: 15.6" 16:9 IPS FHD 1920x1080
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. N551ZU
    BIOS: N551ZU.307
    RAM: 8GB Single-Channel DDR3

P.S.: I guess the last time I had no problem dates back to Windows 10 v. 1511. I can attach more detailed information and screenshots if required.

:)

ariarostami, May 2, 2020
  2. PW.Cloud Win User

AMD Radeon Switchable Graphics - No driver update working (HD 5470)

Hello @ all!

I have a question maybe relating to the AMD Switchable Graphics problem.

When I first started Win10 after freshly installing it, I faced the Black-Screen Issue which is well known. Long story short, the only way I could use my notebook
    Acer Aspire 4625G was to set Graphics mode in Bios to 'Integrated', only using my
    ATI Mob Radeon HD 4250. Furthermore, only using the original OEM chipset driver was working for me (from http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/2229;-;Aspire 4625G) .

Now that I read that the Switchable Graphics issue might be solved, I want to update to the 15.11 Beta driver. As it turns out, I cannot fully update my drivers:

• When working, device manager shows me ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (it would show me my
      HD 5470 as well, but only in safe mode as it will blackscreen if I use switchable graphics).
    • After an update (via device manager), I only see ATI ... 4200 Series. Further to that, display resolution maxes out at 1024x768. This might be due to the fact that when looking at
      advanced display details => display adapter settings, it will only show
      Microsoft basic display adapter
    So basically my system lets me update the drivers via device manager, but does not fully recognize any other version than the OEM driver version. Can anyone help me with that? Did anyone encouter a similar problem?

My specs in short:

Acer Aspire 4625G

Switchable ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470/ 4250

AMD Phenom II X3 Mobile Processor8GB RAM

PW.Cloud, May 2, 2020
  3. thewamp Win User
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 Updates wipe out Switchable Graphics Tools by Intel and AMD

amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe, when run for compatibility with Windows 8, restored the AMD and Intel Tools for controlling the Switchable Graphics.

But, a short while later Windows Update wiped them out when,

Driver Updates, Shown in Update History, for AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series and Intel(R) HD Graphics, replaced the Display Adapter drivers with the exact same drivers that were there before the automatic update. This automatic updating wiped out the
    Switchable Graphics Controls.

QUESTION: Can the automatic updating of these two Display Adapter drivers be turned off in this latest version of Windows 10 Pro, 1909?

amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe, was run for compatibility with Windows 8, again, and restored the AMD and Intel Tools for controlling the Switchable Graphics.

thewamp, May 2, 2020
  4. Sumit4941 Win User

AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10

AMD Switchable graphics option gone

AMD switchable graphics option is gone after windows 10 update. What to do.?

Sumit4941, May 2, 2020
Thema:

AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10

1. AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - AMD RADEON switchable

2. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon Graphics Crash: my friend has an intel laptop from dell with radeon r7 m440 g card but all of a sudden his card has stopped working, whenever open a game his gpu times out / crash its utilizations goes the 0-1% to straight 100% then 0% again and then stays zero. we tried so many things like...
  3. amd radeon graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd radeon graphics: So my laptop has Intel core i5 Amd radeon graphics and when I click on amd radeon software application it doesn't open help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-graphics/f326cf36-98dd-478d-bca4-937082c0f99a
  4. amd radeon graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amd radeon graphics: So my laptop has Intel core i5 Amd radeon graphics and when I click on amd radeon software application it doesn't open help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-graphics/f326cf36-98dd-478d-bca4-937082c0f99a
  5. AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics not working: When i go to device manager, the Vega 8 Graphics driver has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it. I've tried updating the driver, but there aren't any updates. I also can't roll it back. I just wanted to know if it's safe to reinstall, or if there are any...
  6. AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics not working: When i go to device manager, the Vega 8 Graphics driver has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it. I've tried updating the driver, but there aren't any updates. I also can't roll it back. I just wanted to know if it's safe to reinstall, or if there are any...
  7. Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics): Hello! I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV series notebook with Intel Core i5-8250u and AMD Radeon 540 graphics. These are seperate chips on the mainboard, they are not built into just one like some newer Intel chips come with an embedded AMD GPU. This one is not...
  8. Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 5576. 265 SSD and 1TB HDD. I have AMD R5 and Rx560. The 560 is the dedicated, 4G. Adrenaline (the driver software) can see the RX560. Device Manager can see the RX560. Neither World of Warcraft nor Windows sees anything but the integrated R5,...
  9. AMD / Intel Switchable graphics Issue - Windows 10 9926

AMD / Intel Switchable graphics Issue - Windows 10 9926: My Switchable Graphics option is there but I cannot configure it at all. I have tried modded drivers, original drivers and running with compatibility settings. For some reason when I select Configure Switchable Graphics it takes me to the Creating and Arranging Desktops...
  10. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem: hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics. How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter? specs in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd rx560 driver

2. switchable graphics windows 10