Windows 10: AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness.

Discus and support AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,The brightness slider in settings and in the notification center have both disappeared, and the keyboard shortcuts fn+f6 and fn+f7 are not doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 804408, Jan 27, 2023.

1. 804408 Win User

AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness.

Hello,The brightness slider in settings and in the notification center have both disappeared, and the keyboard shortcuts fn+f6 and fn+f7 are not doing anything. There is no option to add the brightness slider in the notification center. In device manager, the AMD RadeonTM Graphics is disabled code 22. Its driver date is August 30th, 2022, and its driver version is 31.0.12028.2. I also no longer have the option to put my computer in sleep mode from the Windows start button, only to shut down or restart. Also, when I close the lid of my computer, it shuts down instead of going into sleep mod

:)

804408, Jan 27, 2023

2. Brightness changes while "Adaptive Brightness" is disabled in Windows 8.1/10 with Intel HD Graphics

I've looked around the web and there appear to be several possible causes and solutions to this problem depending on your Windows version and hardware. Here's a compilation of how to turn off adaptive brightness.

1. Go to Power Options > Display > Enable Adaptive Brightness > Set it to Off in both places

AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness. twsi4.png

1. Go to AMD Catalyst Control Center > Power > PowerPlay > Uncheck the "Enable Vari-Bright" box

AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness. dGHb1.png

1. Go to the Intel Media and Graphics Control Panel > Power > Disable Intel Power Saving Technology

AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness. BUPxLVq.png

1. Go to Services > Disable the Adapative Brightness service

AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness. LHm6W.png

1. In regedit:

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\media\Brighten Movie and change ProcAmpBrightness to 0

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\media\Darken Movie and change ProcAmpBrightness to 0

Pikamander2, Jan 27, 2023
  3. petersv Win User
    Brightness changes while "Adaptive Brightness" is disabled in Windows 8.1/10 with Intel HD Graphics

Just found a suggestion that solved my problem here.

It is the Intel "Display Power Saving Technology" that is to blame.

Disable it like so:

1. Launch "Intel HD Graphics Control Panel" by right clicking and selecting "Graphics Properties..." from your Intel HD Graphics tray icon
    2. Click Power
    3. Choose "On battery"
    4. Select "Disable" for Display Power Saving Technology
    5. Click Apply

AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness. tj7GZ.jpg

petersv, Jan 27, 2023
  4. AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness.

Brightness automatically changes in Windows 10

Hello Pam,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

In this scenario, for us to be able to understand the issue better, let us know the make and model of the desktop you are using.

Also, do you have any active Power plan you have set in Windows?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to
    disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows).

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off

Next, if you’re sure that the adaptive brightness or auto brightness is disabled on your PC, then it could be because your PC using Intel HD graphics, and the Intel power saver technology is trying to save some power by
    automatically decreasing backlight intensity.

Note: You need to refer to the manufacturer provided manual for more information on how to access Intel Graphics Panel and its properties.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness.

1. AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness. - Similar Threads - AMD RadeonTM Graphics

2. AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: I have a problem with my gaming laptop for the past month and it is related to the graphics driver. I am currently using an external monitor so that I can use this machine as I have problems with its monitor.I checked the Device Manager and I see that the graphics for my...
  3. AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: I have a problem with my gaming laptop for the past month and it is related to the graphics driver. I am currently using an external monitor so that I can use this machine as I have problems with its monitor.I checked the Device Manager and I see that the graphics for my...
  4. Code 43 - AMD Radeon Graphics

Code 43 - AMD Radeon Graphics: So I own an Asus TUF A15 Laptop with an AMD 4800H and an RTX 3050. I would like to clarify that I need the Radeon Graphics Software properly running so I can run my display at 144hz, which is the issue I am currently trying to deal withEvery now and then, drivers would...
  5. Code 43 - AMD Radeon Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 43 - AMD Radeon Graphics: So I own an Asus TUF A15 Laptop with an AMD 4800H and an RTX 3050. I would like to clarify that I need the Radeon Graphics Software properly running so I can run my display at 144hz, which is the issue I am currently trying to deal withEvery now and then, drivers would...
  6. AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness.

AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness.: Hello,The brightness slider in settings and in the notification center have both disappeared, and the keyboard shortcuts fn+f6 and fn+f7 are not doing anything. There is no option to add the brightness slider in the notification center. In device manager, the AMD RadeonTM...
  7. AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD RadeonTM Graphics is Disabled Code 22 and can't change brightness.: Hello,The brightness slider in settings and in the notification center have both disappeared, and the keyboard shortcuts fn+f6 and fn+f7 are not doing anything. There is no option to add the brightness slider in the notification center. In device manager, the AMD RadeonTM...
  8. how to change a amd graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change a amd graphics card: so there is 2 graphics card in my laptop one is AMD Radeon TM and the other is Radeon RX 5500Mso my problem is i cant find the thing called the gpu workload option in the amd graphics software adrenaline editionso someone pls help me wiht this missin GPU workload option...
  9. how to change a amd graphics card

how to change a amd graphics card: so there is 2 graphics card in my laptop one is AMD Radeon TM and the other is Radeon RX 5500Mso my problem is i cant find the thing called the gpu workload option in the amd graphics software adrenaline editionso someone pls help me wiht this missin GPU workload option...
  10. AMD Graphics Driver keeps getting disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Graphics Driver keeps getting disabled: I really need help with this. My AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics adapter gets disabled after a while. It crashes when I play and so I must restart the PC and then go to manually select the driver. So it works again but then It finally crashes again.The first error I see when...