Windows 10: amd runtime extract error 9

Discus and support amd runtime extract error 9 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 on a friend's new laptop, running win10/64, to enable him to see his emails. I have done this to my win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by owen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. owen Win User

amd runtime extract error 9

I was trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 on a friend's new laptop, running win10/64, to enable him to see his emails. I have done this to my win10 PC without any problems.
    I keep getting the message "AMS Runtime Extract error 9"; before I do more searching; does anyone have an answer to this problem?

Thanks

:)

2. slance310 Win User

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance FPS issue

Hi,

The DirectX Runtime error you posted mentions August 2007...

I am just guessing, but that particular runtime is probably one of the optional runtimes included in DirectX Runtime June 2010... Here Is a link to the full downloadable version... Not a web install...

Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

This is a self extracting package. It will extract after double clicking on it so be sure to note the location where you\it extracted.

Then open the folder and double click DXSETUP.

I have read other posts in which the files needed to be in a specific location for the game to find them, not the standard location...

I also noticed that you have dual graphics GPUs... It is possible that you are not running the games off of the AMD... I'm sure it can probably handle a higher framerate than the Intel...

I have an older machine with a similar setup, except mine is a Intel HD4000 and a AMD HD7700... At one time there were issues with the drivers and the switchable graphics... It seems to be working properly now though, after newer stuff became available...

One thing I did find out though... If the Intel drivers were installed first, things didn't come out right with the switchable graphics... It required installing the AMD drivers first...

But... the error you received kind of points to the optional runtime files, not the hardware or it's drivers... There are six or seven files specifically for August 2007...

Another thing you might check if the Compatibility Mode... I know you mentioned it, but didn't say if this was for the install or after... After the install you may need to set the compatibility of the individual .EXE files that launch and\or run the game...
    I don't do much with gaming, but the same type of thing happens with some of my other stuff...

slance310, Aug 19, 2016
  3. slance310 Win User
    The source files could not be found. Error: 0x800f081f

Hi,

What is happening that is causing you to try to Setup DirectX 9 ?

If this is due to a gaming issue, r similar, you may need an optional DirectX Runtime package...

This is a self extracting package. It will extract after double clicking on it so be sure to note the location where you\it extracted.

Then open the folder and double click DXSETUP.

Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

slance310, Aug 19, 2016
  4. owen Win User

I created an ISO install disc and all went well.

Thema:

1. amd runtime extract error 9 - Similar Threads - amd runtime extract

2. Runtime Error!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Runtime Error!: Program:This application has requested the Runtime to terrminate it in an unusual way.Please contact the application's support tearm for more information.cmdsfcBUG0x00000142 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-error/c7c5fbf4-a798-4806-a508-274917ae509f
  3. runtime error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    runtime error: how to fix this errorwhen i going to install this game this error come. it worked in win 10 but now i cant install this in win11please helpis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-error/a0fe3306-6400-45c1-86a2-d190cf964152
  4. runtime error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    runtime error: how to fix this errorwhen i going to install this game this error come. it worked in win 10 but now i cant install this in win11please helpis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-error/a0fe3306-6400-45c1-86a2-d190cf964152
  5. Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime Error: I'm getting a Runtime Error when attempting to install Adobe Photoshop CS5 physical software, it's not part of the Creative Cloud. I installed Adobe Illustrator CS5 just fine, took about five minutes total. I followed the same exact process to install the Photoshop software...
  6. Runtime Error

Runtime Error: I'm getting a Runtime Error when attempting to install Adobe Photoshop CS5 physical software, it's not part of the Creative Cloud. I installed Adobe Illustrator CS5 just fine, took about five minutes total. I followed the same exact process to install the Photoshop software...
  7. Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Runtime Error: I am getting a "Runtime Error at 126:756: Incorrect function" while installing games. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-error/84ba4241-4747-43ff-9fb6-24ce5baa128c
  8. Runtime Error!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Runtime Error!: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error Window appears when attempting to use Microsoft Adobe Acrobat Standard on Windows 10 platform. Program closes! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-error/e32d5a92-c046-483e-9667-afa7db911e67
  9. Runtime Error!

Runtime Error!: Hi people I am hoping you can help me out with a problem that as of yet I have been unable to solve. I am having a Runtime Error when playing one certain game. I realise that the error is most likely due to some poor coding in the game however other people I play with are not...
  10. Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Runtime Error: I have upgraded from Win 7 home premium to 10 & had continual problems, with system crashing, blurred text, fractured text, etc. (I have found a 3rd party program that fixes blurred text). Now when I right click the desktop I get a runtime error message. I also get this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extract error 9

2. how to fix amd runtime extract error 9

3. exe Extract error: 9