Windows 10: AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update?

Discus and support AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, Just finished putting the final touches on my upgraded rig. The main reason for the upgrade was because it was a bit long in the tooth. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Raner, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Raner Win User

AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update?

Hi All,
    Just finished putting the final touches on my upgraded rig. The main reason
    for the upgrade was because it was a bit long in the tooth.
    The main hardware was around 9 years old.
    I upgraded to the following hardware:
    MSI B450 Pro Carbon MB, Ryzen 7 1700x CPU, RX590-8 GB GPU, 16 GB's DDR4 RAM.
    I perched a Windows 7 Pro x 64 retail license from Microsoft when I originally
    build the PC, I had no trouble at all when it came to reactivating windows 10
    with the new hardware.
    Microsoft put me on the holding list on the new update because of the
    Ryzen 7 CPU. Today I see that Microsoft addressed the compatibility issue with
    the Ryzen 7 because the update is ready for download and installation.
    I've been following "Brinks Trend"(Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903),Seems Microsoft is working hard in fixing the issues the New Update caused.
    The reason for the post is to get some feed-back from persons running a Ryzen 7 CPU.
    Did you have to deal with any major issues after the 1903 update.
    My PC is working just fine at this point. If I get negative feed-back, I put off installing
    the update for a while since Microsoft is giving me the option. If the feed-back is
    positive I'll go ahead and install it today, because I know the update is going to mess
    up all my custom settings. Today I have time to set windows 10 back to the feel I like.
    Thanks...

:)

Raner, Aug 4, 2019

2. Cumulative Update KB4056892 will not install on Ryzen 7

Try to skip this update because it is obsolete. The most recent cumulative update is KB4058258 that will get you to build number 16299.214. I suggest you download KB4058258 manually from the Microsoft update catalogue.

Ben Hastings, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Lewis_G Win User
    AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update

Thanks for your quick reply.

I found the solution for this problem by trying various combinations.

The steps that I followed were:

1. Install Windows 10 1903 via the update assistant.
    2. Windows will alert that no drivers are installed for the AMD device on completion of installation of Windows 10 1903.
    3. Go to Device Manager
    4. Uninstall the device(For my case the R6 graphics, that had error code 43).
    5. Do not scan for hardware changes.
    6. Install AMD display driver (19.7.1 is the one I installed)

Note: The display remained black for 8minutes, in my case, while installing the AMD driver.

Done.

Lewis_G, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

AMD Ryzen 7 2700E CPU leaked online with 8 cores and 45 Watts TDP

Read more: Energy Friendly AMD Ryzen 7 2700E spotted: 8-cores and 45 watts TDP | Guru3D

Brink, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update? - Similar Threads - AMD Ryzen Should

2. Ryzen AMD 7, 2700U not supported on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ryzen AMD 7, 2700U not supported on windows 11: Like many, I was pissed to find that windows 10 is only supported up until 2025. My laptop passes all the requirements except for the processor. While supporting secure boot, TPM and my system storage is 128GB when the minimum requirement is 64GB, and my system memory is 8GB...
  3. Ryzen AMD 7, 2700U not supported on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ryzen AMD 7, 2700U not supported on windows 11: Like many, I was pissed to find that windows 10 is only supported up until 2025. My laptop passes all the requirements except for the processor. While supporting secure boot, TPM and my system storage is 128GB when the minimum requirement is 64GB, and my system memory is 8GB...
  4. Ryzen AMD 7, 2700U not supported on windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700G: I got a notification that I can upgrade to Windows 11. I have AMD Ryzen 7 5700G and other requirements pass in the PC health check app. I tried to install it on settings but it is not working. It will infinitely download but not install. I also tried the ISO file and it is...
  6. AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700G: I got a notification that I can upgrade to Windows 11. I have AMD Ryzen 7 5700G and other requirements pass in the PC health check app. I tried to install it on settings but it is not working. It will infinitely download but not install. I also tried the ISO file and it is...
  7. Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...

Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...: Hi there! Hope you're all okay and safe during this crazy pandemic and these unfortunately hate-filled times in the US... I have a small question regarding the May 2020 update. When I check for updates with Windows Update, I don't see the update but I see the banner saying...
  8. Should i wait???

Should i wait???: Version 2004 update. Should i postpone the update after heard so many bugs and issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-wait/aa4bda1d-04d4-43e3-ab55-d5daa2b1f8d5
  9. Should I update my pc or wait?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I update my pc or wait?: I am still running the Mid-February update KB4532693 for windows 10 1909, after I had problems with KB4535996 and rollled back. I haven't updated since, and was wondering if I should keep updates paused or update today? I am new to the windows 10 operating system and I just...
  10. Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors

in Windows 10 News
    Intel should be very worried about AMD's Ryzen 7 processors: For almost a decade AMD has yielded ground to Intel when it comes to processors, but the new Ryzen 7 chips change all that. For almost a decade AMD has yielded ground to Intel when it comes to processors, but the new Ryzen 7 chips change all that. Must read: Has AMD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 update wont install ryzen

2. should i install 1903