Windows 10: AMD Ryzen power settings

Discus and support AMD Ryzen power settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Had an issue with latency sound in default settings. Sound was like it digitally froze for a second and after time progressed to a worse condition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Techymike, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Techymike Win User

AMD Ryzen power settings

Had an issue with latency sound in default settings. Sound was like it digitally froze for a second and after time progressed to a worse condition. Found that going to Power and Sleep then selecting additional power settings- show additional power settings, selecting AMD Ryzen High Performance- change plan settings was able to resolve this sound problem and achieved better performance. Now this was with an MSI Gaming Edge MB and a Ryzen 3800 so not sure if your settings will be the same but it helped me and wanted to share this information.

:)

Techymike, Jan 13, 2020
  2. trevtech Win User

AMD Ryzen 2200G systems hang, usually no BSOD

Problem: Systems hard lock after anywhere from a few minutes of uptime to a couple of days. Image is frozen on screen and no mouse cursor is visible, pressing Ctrl+Shift+Win+B to reset graphics driver does nothing. Only one of the PCs has ever bluescreened
    and it only did so one time, with error code 0x1000009f DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE for ntoskrnl.exe. I tried updating, downgrading, and reinstalling GPU, NIC, and sound drivers but no luck. Every other time the PCs don't bluescreen when they lock up and there
    is nothing in the Event Viewer that is helpful.

Troubleshooting steps tried:

1. Updated AMD drivers from 18.5.1 to 18.7.1 and 18.8.1.
    2. Clean installed both 18.8.1 and 18.5.1.
    3. Installed Realtek LAN and audio drivers from ASRock.
    4. Clean installed 17.7 AIO driver package from ASRock (listed as 17.40).
    5. Updated BIOS from 4.70 to 4.90.
    6. Reset BIOS.
    7. Uninstalled August 2018 Windows 10 patches.
    8. Switched to Balanced power plan instead of Ryzen Balanced.
    9. Disabled USB suspending and PCIe ASPM
    10. Switched to High performance, disabled ASPM & USB SS
    11. Increased SOC voltage to 1.1 and RAM voltage to 1.3.
    12. Removed AMD drivers, used Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
    13. Uninstalled Malwarebytes Premium 3.5.1
    14. Started in Safe Mode w/ Networking
    15. Repair install 1803.
    16. Used only one RAM stick at 2133MHz.
    Next steps:

1. Clean install 1803
    2. Install 1709, delay 1803 update
    3. RMA ASRock motherboards
    4. Replaced ASRock motherboards
    5. Replace AMD with Intel

Identical systems specs:

• AMD Ryzen 2200G CPU
    • ASRock AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX Motherboard
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB (4GBx2) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
    • Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD
    • EVGA 450W Bronze PSU
    • Fractal Design Core 1000 Micro ATX Case
    • Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803

Other system specs:

• AMD Ryzen 2200G CPU
    • Asus TUF B350M Plus Gaming Micro ATX Motherboard
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (4GBx2) 3000MHz DDR4 RAM
    • Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD
    • Corsair TX650M Gold PSU
    • Fractal Design Node 804 Micro ATX Case
    • Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803

Details:

I built four identical systems and one with different motherboard and RAM, all of them are having this problem to varying degrees of severity. The worst one locked up within 15 minutes, but the best one used to work for over a week without issues. I tried
    doing a repair install on one of the systems, during the preparation period for the upgrade the system locked up at 16%. I was able to get it to complete to the point of restarting to do the majority of the install, but that locked up multiple times as well.

I've looked through the event log, and there is nothing between the systems that points to the source of the problem. There is no one thing that causes the systems to lockup, and there is no rime or reason to when they lockup. One of them did seem to lockup
    every hour, but otherwise it happens at random.

I'm at my wits end; in over 15 years of troubleshooting and building PCs I have never had issues of this scope or inconsistency. I repair computers for a living, and I have never seen issues like this. I have a server based on AMD's Epyc 7351P and my main
    desktop is based on the Ryzen 7 1700, and I haven't had issues anywhere close to this on those systems. At this point I'm seriously considering replacing the CPUs and motherboards with Intel equivalents. I've I'm willing to try any suggestions any one has,
    no matter how much of a long shot they are or how stupid they seem.

Here's a link to the dump file, driver list, and system info: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoFuBFiKuAH5uWqmul1JHUSusJ4S

trevtech, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    DownClock Ryzen cpu from battery work

Hi Checkup23,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that CPU performance drops while switching to battery and you are facing performance issues with Chrome browser as well. We will certainly help you with this issue.

For better clarity, please let us know:

1) What is the version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?

Press Windows Key + R to open Run and type winver and click on OK

2) Are you aware of any changes, after which you have noticed this performance issue?

Meanwhile, you can try a few steps and let us know how it goes.

Method 1: Change Power Plan to High Performance.

• Press Windows + R key to open Run window.
    • Type control and press Enter.
    • Double click on Power Options
    • Select the option High Performance.
    • Check if there is any difference.

Method 2: Update drivers from manufacturer website.

I would also suggest you to update drivers from
    AMD website
    and check.

If Chrome browser is using high CPU, you may want to check the article
    Make Chrome run better

I would also suggest you to check with the computer manufacturer with respect to CPU throttling and other BIOS settings which may curtail the hardware performance for power saving.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jan 13, 2020
  4. AMD Ryzen power settings

AMD RYZEN PRO DRIVER

AMD RYZEN PRO DRIVER and software for windows 10 pro

MichaelAbbas1, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

AMD Ryzen power settings

1. AMD Ryzen power settings - Similar Threads - AMD Ryzen power

2. AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700G: I got a notification that I can upgrade to Windows 11. I have AMD Ryzen 7 5700G and other requirements pass in the PC health check app. I tried to install it on settings but it is not working. It will infinitely download but not install. I also tried the ISO file and it is...
  3. AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700G: I got a notification that I can upgrade to Windows 11. I have AMD Ryzen 7 5700G and other requirements pass in the PC health check app. I tried to install it on settings but it is not working. It will infinitely download but not install. I also tried the ISO file and it is...
  4. AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Ryzen 3 2200G: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-ryzen-3-2200g/f60c92e2-b023-4503-92aa-f6e4f46c4d10
  5. AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Ryzen 3 2200G: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-ryzen-3-2200g/f60c92e2-b023-4503-92aa-f6e4f46c4d10
  6. AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.: Trying to install 20h2 version of windows on 1803 version and getting this error.AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.A Driver is installed that causes stability problems on Windows. This driver will be disabled. Check with your...
  7. Up grading CPU from AMD Ryzen 2700 to AMD Ryzen 3950X

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Up grading CPU from AMD Ryzen 2700 to AMD Ryzen 3950X: Hello, I'm going to change the CPU as stated above and am wondering how much trouble I'm getting my self into - I have Windows 10 64bit and it's activated to my Microsoft account with a digital license....
  8. AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.

AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.: Hello, For several weeks I have had a problem with Windows Update. The installation can't be done because of the error, quoted in the title. I don't know how to solve it. I have tried many things, but I don't know how to do it. I have enough storage for the update. And...
  9. AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.

AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.: I'm attempting to install the Version 1909 update on Windows 10 Home but have been unable to do to an apparent incompatibility with AMD Ryzen CPU drivers. The issue with this is that my computer has an Intel CPU and an Nvidia GPU, with no AMD software or hardware installed...
  10. AMD Ryzen Promo Missing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    AMD Ryzen Promo Missing?: So recently, I ordered an AMD Ryzen 7 2700, cause a trashy PC needs an upgrade every now and then, and I see that it comes with some nice rewards. This included the choice of Borderlands 3 and The Outer Worlds, and 3 months of Xbox Game Pass. I ordered the PC part solely for...