Windows 10: AMD Ryzen vs Intel i series

Discus and support AMD Ryzen vs Intel i series in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi all i have to confess when it comes to hardware I'm a bit of a noob my main laptop is a toshiba s50 , i7 , 8gb ram with 250ssd - main thing I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bartjunited, May 4, 2021 at 6:47 AM.

1. AMD Ryzen vs Intel i series

hi all i have to confess when it comes to hardware I'm a bit of a noob my main laptop is a toshiba s50 , i7 , 8gb ram with 250ssd - main thing I use this for is DJing (I use Pioneer Rekordbox) for most other things I use my Chromebook however my windows laptop is dying (touchpad stops working, battery is buggered ) not to mention Ive dropped it a few times. so looking to get something new and therefore want some opinions on the AMD processors against the Intel i series i don't think for what i want i can stretch to another i7 what are your opinions on the AMD Ryzen series and in particular the 7 series? TIA Bart

:)

bartjunited, May 4, 2021 at 6:47 AM
  2. bobkn Win User

AMD Ryzen vs Intel i series

rekordbox - free to download - System Requirements - Manual

The rekordbox system requirements don't seem very restrictive. I have no personal experience with it.

AMD's traditional virtues are with their CPUs with integrated graphics. AMD calls the APUs (accelerated processing units). AMD also pushed 64 bits on the desktop (Intel restricted X64 to their Itanium series), and were the first to market with PCI-E 4.0 motherboards.

My first PCs were Intel. I switched to AMD during the Athlon X64 days (socket 939). Went back to Intel with their Core series. Both of my current desktops use Ryzen CPUs. I'm not a loyalist of either company. (I admit to a fondness for nVidia graphics cards, over AMD.) I also have an inexpensive laptop with an Intel I3 CPU.

I'm not in a position to offer solid advice, but I'd be surprised if you could go wrong with AMD. (Or Intel.)

3. AMD Ryzen vs Intel i series

hi all i have to confess when it comes to hardware I'm a bit of a noob

my main laptop is a toshiba s50 , i7 , 8gb ram with 250ssd - main thing I use this for is DJing (I use Pioneer Rekordbox)
    for most other things I use my Chromebook

however my windows laptop is dying (touchpad stops working, battery is buggered ) not to mention Ive dropped it a few times.

so looking to get something new and therefore want some opinions on the AMD processors against the Intel i series

i don't think for what i want i can stretch to another i7

what are your opinions on the AMD Ryzen series and in particular the 7 series?

TIA Bart

bartjunited, May 5, 2021 at 2:51 AM
  4. Tenforo Active Member

AMD introduces Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop processors

Read more:

Thema:

1. AMD Ryzen vs Intel i series - Similar Threads - AMD Ryzen Intel

2. New AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors for Business laptops

in Windows 10 News
    New AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors for Business laptops: [img] Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the AMD Ryzen™ PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors, bringing the uncompromising performance and efficiency of the “Zen 3” core architecture to premium business laptops. Paired with AMD PRO technologies...
  3. will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    will my for intel installed windows work with an AMD ryzen processor?: hello everyone! i have an intel motherboard (i5, 15 years old), windows 10. i want to buy a new computer with an AMD ryzen processor and put in my old hard disk. i don't want to install windows and all of my programs again, because that are waay too many.. my question is:...
  4. AMD introduces Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD introduces Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop processors: [media] Welcome the all-new AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop Processors. Built on the “Zen 3” architecture, the new desktop lineup delivers across-the-board leadership performance for gamers and content creators. Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) introduced...
  5. AMD vs Intel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD vs Intel: Hi folks the importance of having decent graphics cards cannot IMO be over stated. To me latest NVIDIA and INTEL cards beat the socks out of typical AMD ones -- even an old NVIDIA card works wonders compared to some of the radeon ones. Running a Windows VM on AMD -...
  6. New AMD Ryzen PRO 4000 Series Mobile Processors for business notebooks

in Windows 10 News
    New AMD Ryzen PRO 4000 Series Mobile Processors for business notebooks: MD Ryzen™ for Business commercial notebooks from HP and Lenovo expected to be available first half of 2020 with thin and light portability, advanced performance and built-in security features to meet the needs of today’s business PC users in the office,...
  7. CES 2020: AMD Ryzen 4000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2020: AMD Ryzen 4000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics: [media] [media] Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the world’s first x86 8-core ultrathin laptop processors1 as part of the AMD Ryzen™ 4000 Series Mobile Processor family, built on the groundbreaking “Zen 2” core architecture with innovative 7nm process technology and...
  8. AMD Announces New AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 Series Processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Announces New AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 Series Processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the global availability of its new AMD Ryzen™ PRO 3000 Series desktop processor lineup, along with new AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and AMD Athlon™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics. The AMD Ryzen PRO and...
  9. AMD announces new mobile Ryzen, Athlon, and A-Series processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD announces new mobile Ryzen, Athlon, and A-Series processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the first members of its 2019 mobility line-up encompassing all notebook segments: 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Mobile Processors powering ultrathin and gaming notebooks; AMD Athlon 300 Series Mobile Processors powering mainstream notebooks...
  10. Kernel Question Intel vs AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kernel Question Intel vs AMD: Good Afternoon All, I have been on W10 since it's beginning. I came from 14 years in the Linux world. In Linux, we were able to build kernels specifically for an Intel or an AMD CPU to take advantage of all the hardware features of a given CPU family. Now we don't build...