Windows 10: AMD Software gone after updating to 1909

Discus and support AMD Software gone after updating to 1909 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I updated to windows 10 1909 just a couple of hours ago and I have a problem. I came to realize that my AMD Adrenaline Software was gone after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DRIFTIIFY21, Apr 29, 2020.

1. AMD Software gone after updating to 1909

So I updated to windows 10 1909 just a couple of hours ago and I have a problem. I came to realize that my AMD Adrenaline Software was gone after the updating to 1909.

Everytime I right clicked I realized that the AMD Radeon option was gone, for example when you right click you'd have an option to go to amd or Nvidia control panel. I searched AMD in the search bar and found it but it does not want to open at all.

I went onto amds website to go and install the driver for the software and while it was dowloading it would freeze at 36% and tried over and over but would always freeze at 36%. I don't know what to do at this stage. Help would be appreciated

Specs Asus tuf gaming fx505 DU Ryzen 7 3750H Nvidia Gtx 1660 Ti 6 gb 16gb ram 512gb ssd

submitted by /u/DRIFTIIFY21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DRIFTIIFY21, Apr 29, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 29, 2020
  3. AMD Software

What is the make & model of your system?

From what you have given and the little research I did, this pertains to your situation:

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics ... | Community

Essentially, you have an OLD chipset.

"NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver.
    Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

• Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
    • Reboot the system
    • Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU."

Shenan Stanley, Apr 29, 2020
  4. AMD Software gone after updating to 1909

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

AMD Software gone after updating to 1909

1. AMD Software gone after updating to 1909 - Similar Threads - AMD Software gone

2. my microphone amd array is gone after updating AMD software driver to version 23.11.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microphone amd array is gone after updating AMD software driver to version 23.11.1: a few months ago i updated my amd software to stay up to date but after installation and restart, my mic driver is gone, i checked device manager but no mic driver is listed in audio inputs and outputs. After that i uninstall my amd software driver and my mic is back alive...
  3. my microphone amd array is gone after updating AMD software driver to version 23.11.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microphone amd array is gone after updating AMD software driver to version 23.11.1: a few months ago i updated my amd software to stay up to date but after installation and restart, my mic driver is gone, i checked device manager but no mic driver is listed in audio inputs and outputs. After that i uninstall my amd software driver and my mic is back alive...
  4. Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.: I am going to just explain this the most thorough and concise way possible. I have recently many AMD update available notifications, bht whenever I opened it I needed a OpenCL.dll so i downloaded and pasted that in and it says im not compatitble so fast forward a week and i...
  5. amd radeon software failed to update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    amd radeon software failed to update: i am trying to update my amd driver to 21.10.2 but it tells me update failed i have no clue why my pc specs ryzen 5 4650g16gb ram 3200mhzno gpu its integrated...
  6. Can't update AMD Software

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't update AMD Software: When I try to upgrade the software for my AMD Radeon R5 Graphics Card to the newest version 21.1.1 and doing a factory reset to install the software, I click on the installer, select the version of software I want to install (20.11.2 - downgrade or 21.1.1 - upgrade),checks...
  7. AMD software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD software: AMD software was installed today. It seems legitimate but do I really need it? It takes up a lot of space. I've tried to read about it but everything I've read so far contains a lot of information and words I've never heard before....
  8. Can't access computer after AMD software update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access computer after AMD software update: After updating my windows 10 computer to the newest AMD adrenalin software mye computer won't start. I have tried almost everything, but it constantly bsod. How can I fix this?...
  9. Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909?: I just updated my Laptop (I5 4200U) from version 1903 to 1909. Before updating, the SpeculationControl Powershell script showed: Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is present: True Hardware is vulnerable to MDS: True Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is enabled: True...
  10. AMD Catalyst Software Suite (Software Update)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Catalyst Software Suite (Software Update): My AMD Catalyst Software Suite has a Software Update on my Laptop. The problem is, every time I try to install it, it says everything installed. I then head back to see what version I have, and its the same one as before. If I click on the software to install it again, it...